N-Europe

Legend of zelda the movie 2009

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. Great joke. Looks really real. Thankfully it's not. I hope that, if they do make a LOZ movie, they look upon this trailer and say 'that's not how to do it'.

That Ganon, that Zelda, looked the complete opposite of what the games portray. This would damage the series.

That is the best April Fools i've ever witnessed. Hell, IGN should make movies! I thought it looked pretty good, what was wrong with Ganon?! He looks different all the time anyway, a red beard is all he needs to be recognisable. And Zelda looked quite nice as well.

Hats off to them.

Yeah I've got to say I was impressed by the effort in this trailer. Obv fake but still I was impressed. :)

I thought Ganon looked okay though, no real problem with him. But comparred to that cartoon that was made this would be more of a direction to take with a Zelda movie ;) But still I wouldn't have liked to have seen this as a movie.

i thought it actually looked quite cool for a low budget production, April fools gag.

Almost makes me wonder what a Hollywood studio could do if they gave it proper respect and budget.

Also does anyone remember the independent non-official film that wa sin the works years ago...think it was meant to be out this year, but the website has not had an update in almost a year now, i'm actually interested to see how it turns out...if it's even still in production

http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/main.php?page=fanmovie.html

i thought it actually looked quite cool for a low budget production, April fools gag.

Almost makes me wonder what a Hollywood studio could do if they gave it proper respect and budget.

Also does anyone remember the independent non-official film that wa sin the works years ago...think it was meant to be out this year, but the website has not had an update in almost a year now, i'm actually interested to see how it turns out...if it's even still in production

http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/main.php?page=fanmovie.html

I saw the first part of the movie somewhere. It wasn't good.

The real letdown for the trailer, and that fan trailer above, is general costume cartoony-ness. It's also the reason 90% of cosplayers look like tools. You can't be so faithful when you transform a video game or anime costume to real life, a coat you made out of bright red PVC is never going to make you look like Vash the Stampede. Personally I think it would look ten times more realistic if they had spent their little budget on a professional wardrobe, rather than fancy graphics. Kevin Costner's Robin Hood looked more like the hero of time.

The video expires in 2 hours ive checked the source info. Thus its fake

Phew, glad you were on the case, otherwise I would've been fooled.

Way too much effort put into it for an april fools...why bother...

Publicity? It's obviously got a lot of people going to their website. The internets is serious business and a lot of money is made on it, people who never go on IGN (ie. me) went on the site just to see this. Big companies/websites have realised that people just get pissed off with the classic April Fools' jokes nowadays as they are done too often so they do something which will amuse their readers/users. It gets them a good image in the eye of the public.

Or as ReZ would say, for the lulz?

Oh and what's even more annoying is that these articles which are posted as "jokes" and the sites want people to believe them will still be around a few days later and will slowly spread over the Internet as one site will source it without checking the date, and then other sites will do the same as they see a date other than April 1st on the article they see so they have no reason to find it suspect.