Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Extrovert or Introvert

Daft

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Are you an introvert

Introversion is "the state of or tendency toward being wholly or predominantly concerned with and interested in one's own mental life". Introverts tend to be quiet, low-key, deliberate, and relatively non-engaged in social situations. They take pleasure in solitary activities such as reading, writing, drawing, watching movies, listening to music, inventing, designing, programming and using computers extensively. The archetypal artist, writer, sculptor, composer and inventor are all highly introverted. An introverted person is likely to enjoy time spent alone and find less reward in time spent with large groups of people (although they tend to enjoy interactions with close friends, and are in many cases married). They prefer to concentrate on a single activity at a time and like to observe situations before they participate.

or an extrovert?

Extraversion is "the act, state, or habit of being predominantly concerned with and obtaining gratification from what is outside the self". Extraverts tend to enjoy human interactions and to be enthusiastic, talkative, assertive, and gregarious. They take pleasure in activities that involve large social gatherings, such as parties, community activities, public demonstrations, and business or political groups. Acting, teaching, directing, managing, brokering are fields that require extraversion. An extraverted person is likely to enjoy time spent with people and find less reward in time spent alone. They enjoy risk-taking and often show leadership abilities.

An extravert is energized when around other people. Extraverts tend to "fade" when alone and can easily become bored without other people around. Extraverts tend to think as they speak. When given the chance, an extravert will talk with someone else rather than sit alone and think.

I'm a bit of both but I definitely prefer being alone. I love hanging out with friends for the whole week but then having the whole weekend to myself. I love the moment just before I fall asleep and I have time to think, its where I get all my best ideas. My favorite part of the day is listening to my iPod on my way to work. I love being single, I can't stand being in a relationship. I've never depended on anyone else and I keep things pretty much to myself. I'm very sociable though. I guess I like attention but I don't like talking about myself...Thats probably why I'm so good at spouting useless banter. :p

I'm a bit of a crazy mix. :D

Just wanted to see what everyone else was like.

I'm definately an introvert!

I'm very quiet and i like my time alone and i engage in Solo activities! :)

I'm not very good in large groups i tend to end up outside the group so now i don't even bother and do my own thing. ^___^ I'm not good in social situations.

I do enjoy a good talk with people but in real life i'm unable to string two words together! The internet gives me the confidence to talk.

I do have my extravert moments however in the form of random outbursts which i can't control but i do not like being the centre of attention and don't mind being in the background.

I'm a real mixture of both. I enjoy being by myself - I like reading, watching things, and thinking, but I also crave human interaction and external extertainment all the time. When I'm with people I don't know, I act very withdrawn and shy, but I act very outgoing when around those I do know. I love talking about random things, but I'm useless at small talk and my favourite conversations tend to focus on detailed, obscure topics.

I like all of these qualitites apart from finding it difficult to meet new people... and also I'd like to be better at at least faking small talk. :heh:

Most tests I have done define me as an extrovert, so I suppose I should vote for that.

Guest Stefkov
I'm a real mixture of both. I enjoy being by myself - I like reading, watching things, and thinking, but I also crave human interaction and external extertainment all the time. When I'm with people I don't know, I act very withdrawn and shy, but I act very outgoing when around those I do know. I love talking about random things, but I'm useless at small talk and my favourite conversations tend to focus on detailed, obscure topics.

I like all of these qualitites apart from finding it difficult to meet new people... and also I'd like to be better at at least faking small talk. :heh:

Most tests I have done define me as an extrovert, so I suppose I should vote for that.

Kinda the same as me. I like my alone time but a bit of interaction is always fun.

I'm more an introvert though.

When I'm with people I don't know, I act very withdrawn and shy, but I act very outgoing when around those I do know. I love talking about random things, but I'm useless at small talk and my favourite conversations tend to focus on detailed, obscure topics.

This. Most people think I like-like them after I get to know them a bit purely because I'm more comfortable around them and open up a bit.

I voted extrovert. Nice as it is being on my own sometimes (like when I just cannot be bothered with anyone) generally speaking I much prefer being with other people. I hate going all day without seeing or talking to anyone else, though I don't mind having a night to myself. I like being sarcastic and making jokes alot also XD I get quite a few people tell me that I'm the most sarcastic person they know. I used to be alot more introverted when I was younger but I guess I just grew out of it.

I used to be very introverted but lately I developed some characteristics of extroverts.

Actually I'm quite sick at the moment and therefore very pissed off that I can't do anything with my friends.

Some time ago though I didn't meet with any of my friends for a few days because I prefered being alone.

Introvert 90% of the time, but when I'm extremely drunk I'm an annoying extroverted asshole. I much prefer over thinking things and having strange habits, being unable to talk to strangers and incredibly worried when I walk around in public in the day. It's a major part of my personality and it would be a dreadful day if I ever gained the confidence to function as a typical member of society.

The older i get the more introverted I get. I try not to intitiate conversation unless its genuinely interesting, productive, or hilarious.

I get a lil tense in large groups and im not interested in partying unless im already half-drunk before i get there.

So yeah, definately introvert for the most part with few exceptions

As I'm a mixture of both, I'll highlight the points in each description that fit my personality.

Introversion is "the state of or tendency toward being wholly or predominantly concerned with and interested in one's own mental life". Introverts tend to be quiet, low-key, deliberate, and relatively non-engaged in social situations. They take pleasure in solitary activities such as reading, writing, drawing, watching movies, listening to music, inventing, designing, programming and using computers extensively. The archetypal artist, writer, sculptor, composer and inventor are all highly introverted. An introverted person is likely to enjoy time spent alone and find less reward in time spent with large groups of people (although they tend to enjoy interactions with close friends, and are in many cases married). They prefer to concentrate on a single activity at a time and like to observe situations before they participate.

Extraversion is "the act, state, or habit of being predominantly concerned with and obtaining gratification from what is outside the self". Extraverts tend to enjoy human interactions and to be enthusiastic, talkative, assertive, and gregarious. They take pleasure in activities that involve large social gatherings, such as parties, community activities, public demonstrations, and business or political groups. Acting, teaching, directing, managing, brokering are fields that require extraversion. An extraverted person is likely to enjoy time spent with people and find less reward in time spent alone. They enjoy risk-taking and often show leadership abilities.

An extravert is energized when around other people. Extraverts tend to "fade" when alone and can easily become bored without other people around. Extraverts tend to think as they speak. When given the chance, an extravert will talk with someone else rather than sit alone and think.

When comparing the two descriptions and the points that fit me, I'm mostly introverted, though I can be an extrovert in some cases. The crucial point that decides whether or not I'm extroverted in a situation is if I feel "safe" among the people I'm with. If we get along well together and share interests or ideas, I'll quickly change from quiet introvert to very talkative extrovert.

Well they list artists as being introverted, so I guess that's what I am? =P

But really, I'm introverted. Don't like big groups; would rather be alone or with only a couple of other people. I spend more time alone in my room entertaining myself (music, art, internet, games) than with other people. =3

I'm extroverted definitely, though I seem to be getting more neurotic according to tests done over the years. If anyone would like me to do them a personality test using the Big Five(Extroversion, Neuroticism, Openness, Agreeableness and Conscientiousness) I can do just that in return for doing a few other quesionnaires with it, in fact, watch out for a thread about it in a few minutes/hours!