Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What's your worst habit?

Slaggis

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ je man timekeeping, I may make that my new year's resolution. Leave 5-10 minutes before I really need to, even if I was likely to get there early in the first place. I always think I'll be fine, then I realise I lose minutes finding my keys and getting my shoes and coat and scarf on etc.. Hate walking into lectures late, and the worst is missing a train when the next one is an hour away and walking back home would take 25 mins :nono:

OK I have to leave at 3 to pick my g/f up at the station. Her train arrives 3.22 - it will only take me 20 mins by car, but still I think I will be out of the door at 2.55. That way I have time to park or turn around and get to the platform plus any unforseen issues (like trucks or tractors)

Yeah, not really sure why I shared all that with you guys. But new promptness resolution ftw.

edit: train delayed ¬____¬

I also bite my nails in a controlled manner; it's so much easier than using scissors. So I don't consider it a bad habit.

One of my probably many bad habits is that I always seem to correct people when they're wrong (whether it's a spelling mistake or just a general thing they got wrong). Could be kinda annoying at times I guess. =X

Also have this thing for starting on my work kinda late, but I've already been working on that this semester and am now doing a bit better than I did before. Still, there's room for improvement.

One bad habit I recently found out about (like, this week) and am not sure I can fix, is the fact that I apparently grind my teeth at night. Not always, but it happens. =(

I fail to see any scientific reason for not picking your nose, and eating the spoils is merely helping things along - snot constantly drips down the back of your throat into your stomach, where the hydrochloric acid destroys any pathogens that may be present. So pick away!

(unless of course, you're in public :heh:)

Incidentally, I bite my nails in a controlled way, and haven't had to use scissors for years. So I don't consider this a bad habit.

So what is my worst habit? ...hmm, I have a few. I'll go with not bothering/forgetting to shave for days/weeks.

True, but it's fucking disgusting. I stopped it years ago for that one reason, and now the idea of eating my own makes me feel ill.

Ahhh god, here we go:

Not looking after skin - i keep it well exfoliated but toxic creams are just yuck

Smokes (Was a heavy smoker, but not so much anymore - its mostly social/boredom thing for me these days)

Dying hair too much

Doodling on college notes

Eating too much junk - back on the diet in the new year *sigh*

Being super unorganised

Not putting things away

Forgetting to take meds.. which is probably the worst out of them all

Biting nails, sometimes to the point where they bleed.

And answering "I don't know" to almost every question asked of me in which I have to make a decision which will affect someone else. Even if it's something simple like "what do you want for lunch" or "Do you want to go to the pub". I guess I just don't want to impose my decisions on other people in case it upsets them. I'd be a crap leader.

My worst habbit is that I have to check things several times before I can carry on/ go out/ hand in something. Example:

I have to check I've locked the door about five times before I can go get the bus. On a bad day I'll check the back door, all appliances to make sure they're off, make sure all windows are closed.

It's annoying because it can play on my mind all day and make me late for where ever I'm going.

My worst habbit is that I have to check things several times before I can carry on/ go out/ hand in something. Example:

I have to check I've locked the door about five times before I can go get the bus. On a bad day I'll check the back door, all appliances to make sure they're off, make sure all windows are closed.

It's annoying because it can play on my mind all day and make me late for where ever I'm going.

Oh God, I do that as well...the list is growing.

I've also, on many occassions, locked my front door, walked 30 seconds up the street, then ran back to make sure I did lock it.

I also tend to think alot, and if somebody says one thing in particular or looks at me in a way, I remember that for weeks. It gets me down quite a lot.

Oh God, I do that as well...the list is growing.

I've also, on many occassions, locked my front door, walked 30 seconds up the street, then ran back to make sure I did lock it.

I'm not alone! I've also done the whole running back thing, many times. I even missed the bus once because of it.

I'm not alone! I've also done the whole running back thing, many times. I even missed the bus once because of it.

Hahaha, at last, somebody who shares my pain. :)

I'm also pretty crap at time keeping. Lets say, for example, that I have a lecture to get to by 9 oclock. If I wake up 3 hours before said lecture starts, someone or something will get in my way to prevent me from getting to that lecture on time. Actually, I'm not sure if I have bad time keeping or just bad luck!

Not going to lectures because they're at 9 in the morning and not compulsoray is probably quite a bad habit which I really don't want to break.

I don't like looking directly at people when talking to them for too long when I'm talking to them... Don't know where else to look though, just not down if it's a girl. :heh:

Making innappropriate comments and inappropriate times is quite bad too, but some people find them quite funny...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!