Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

Season Three?

I dunno, unlike the last two theres not been some big overaching serial killer which Dexter has taken an interested in. As far as Dexter goes its a very personal level, living the 'American Dream' as it were. Yeah the department is going through an ongoing investigation but its different to the ITK and BHB, its less press-tastic.

I think it is similar in a way, as you say they can't anything too dramatic with it, but different enough.

I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm just saying its a bit samey because

you think hes going to get caught and he starts making mistakes and I swear he has reused a few of his commentary sentences a few times now.

Still I love the show and the guy is a really good actor, portrays him well I think :)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm just saying its a bit samey because

you think hes going to get caught and he starts making mistakes and I swear he has reused a few of his commentary sentences a few times now.

Still I love the show and the guy is a really good actor, portrays him well I think :)

I suppose its a formula they're going to have to keep using as the show has been renewed for two more years. And I can't recall any repeated ones, but I suppose due to the nature of his character and his situations some are gonna be similar.

Good choice! IMO, the most underrated comedy in decades.

I thought that title was awarded to your face?

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Despite the fact that they only showed 6 episodes, I can't stop watching them. I have a crappy thing on a doovde a mate made for me, I plan on getting the real thing eventually.

When I first watched it with a few friends, they'd all seen it and I hadn't. They told me it was an 80's medical horror comedy, so I watched it and thought it was actually from the 80's. I kept coming out with stuff like 'graphics' and 'old', it was just so embarrassing/funny when they told me. Yes I didn't work it out even when I saw Richard Ayoade/Julian Barratt looking the same age. [/idiot]. I love it though, it's absolutely genius.

When I first watched it with a few friends, they'd all seen it and I hadn't. They told me it was an 80's medical horror comedy, so I watched it and thought it was actually from the 80's. I kept coming out with stuff like 'graphics' and 'old', it was just so embarrassing/funny when they told me. Yes I didn't work it out even when I saw Richard Ayoade/Julian Barratt looking the same age. [/idiot]. I love it though, it's absolutely genius.

Legendary. (Agreed...funniest thing in the world though)

On the C4 web chat after the show one of the things I submitted forward actually got put through....!

....That thing was..."Hello"...but still!

Desperate Housewives (latest episode on E4)

Lol! The blind sex thing was hilarious. And Gabby's daughter shouting "SPERM" was brilliant, as was the image in my head when they said she was running round the house shouting "INTERCOURSE!".

It only gets better from here, my friend. Enjoy.

The Wire, Season 2, Episode 1.

I love love love how it is just completely different, but just...completely the same at the same time. Like so many characters individual stories being continued, aswell as intruiging new characters. Just awesome. Mcnulty faxing to the department made me piss myself.

8.9/10 (because dunno quite whats going on yet)

southpark s12ep12

was origioanly impressed how quick it came out, then realised they probebly did it a while ago.

pretty damn funny, as always randy marsh proved himself the best thing mankind has drempt up.

loved the truly insane plot, the whole oceans 11 vibe was great.

7/10

IGN have an interview up talking about how the did that episode:

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/928/928073p1.html?RSSwhen2008-11-07_154300&RSSid=928073

The Wire, Season One.

:blush::hehe::eek::blank:

Wow/10

Now for season 2.

Weirdness, second time this week I've come on to post a review to find someone's just posted one of the exact same thing.

But yease. Wire Season One

Not easy to get into, especially for a simpleton like myself, and I got lost and confused on a couple of occasions. Well worth sticking with though, character development and the politics of it all were epic and masterfully written. Put this next to other shows on air and it's head and shoulders above anything out there.

9.5 / 10

Weirdness, second time this week I've come on to post a review to find someone's just posted one of the exact same thing.

But yease. Wire Season One

Not easy to get into, especially for a simpleton like myself, and I got lost and confused on a couple of occasions. Well worth sticking with though, character development and the politics of it all were epic and masterfully written. Put this next to other shows on air and it's head and shoulders above anything out there.

9.5 / 10

And yeah, lol if my emoticons were translated into words it would be something along these lines.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles S2E08: Mr. Ferguson is Ill Today

A brilliant episode. Each portion of the episode is shown from the view of different people separately (a section on Sarah, then Cameron, then John, etc) and it's done extremely well as it never goes too far back in the story when it changes to a different person. A great story and some great action.

I am, however, disappointed that they destroyed Cromartie. Then again, they can only do so many scenes where he's looking for them so it's about time he caught up with the Connors. Hopefully this means that Catherine Weaver will find out about the Connors and become interested in them.

Cameron is still becoming more interesting every episode.

9/10

How I Met Your Mother - Not a Father's Day

Its a good point. In this (apparent) postfeminism choice-driven society we supposedly live in why are the 'events' focused upon the traditional ideological aspects of marriage and parenting. Engagement, bachelor/hen (which is both at once the antithesis to and embodiment of the argument) do, wedding day, anniversaries, births, fathers/mother's/grandparents days. Why isn't there a day to celebrate not getting married and not having children?

Fun episode anywho. May test out the "cheerleader effect" when out tomorrow night.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The Wire Season 2, Episode 2.

That might be one of my favourite episodes so far. Just...amazing. Genius. The script is literally fucking genius. I swear like...I can almost speak fluent gangster now. Like genuine drug dealer gangster, not faux-moe. Its amazing. Wicked quotes in this one. (Can't remember word for word, but the "You're not Irish.", "I had 14 Jamesons last night.") amazing. Also I really loved how it all kinda clicked and setup season 2, and it made sense now, and just...god.

10/10

Let me see I watched Loads of stuff today and other days and stuff. :)

The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror 19 (forgot the roman numerals. :p)

Best thing about it was the Madman Intro. Awesome. Other than that First story was okay way too short though. Second was meh and the Third was really good. Especially animation wise. It was done in the style of Charlie Brown. :D

3 and a half Bears out of 7

The Simpsons: Dangerous Curves Season 20

I loved the way in this story was told and it had some really great parts but ended in a very unecessary way which took away from the episode a bit for me. Still good.

4 Bears out of 7

South Park: The Obama one I forget the title.

The line where they said Mcain would enter the museum dressed as a footballer made me laugh so much for some reason. It was just so random! Awesome stuff I loved it. Randy was Epic as usual!!!

4 and a Half Bears out of 7

How I Met YOur Mother: Not Father's Day

Classic Barney. I loved him in this episode. Some excellent stuff! Brilliant as usual!!!

I loved the whole story as well and Lily was great. Another great episode! :grin:

5 Bears out of 7

Pokemon Season 1: Episode 1

I always seem to watch this when I'm ill. Pikachu at his most awesome. 20 minutes of Epicness from Start to Finish!

Genius out of Bears :awesome:

Merlin: Episode 9

Reminds me of those shows that were on when I was younger and for that I watch it. Nothing amazing but entertaining enough! It has good ideas but wraps them up too quickly and they form too late in the episodes.

4 Bears out of 7

Hannah Montana: Season 1 episodes 20-24

Yes I watch this, Cheesy but I love it! : peace: (I like Miley Cyrus, don't shoot me.) Normally just something to past the time when bored. But I geniunely laughed out loud several times while watching this!

Suprisingly good out of Bears.

Of course afterwards I played Gears of War to man up a bit! :heh:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The Wire Season 2, Episode 2.

That might be one of my favourite episodes so far. Just...amazing. Genius. The script is literally fucking genius. I swear like...I can almost speak fluent gangster now. Like genuine drug dealer gangster, not faux-moe. Its amazing. Wicked quotes in this one. (Can't remember word for word, but the "You're not Irish.", "I had 14 Jamesons last night.") amazing. Also I really loved how it all kinda clicked and setup season 2, and it made sense now, and just...god.

10/10

Not seen it, but I just read apparently it's Obama's favourite tv show. Sounds intriguing.

Just finished watching the feature-length version of Dead Set, and overall I was very satisfied, except for...

pretty much the entire thing once that twatty moustachioed git came in. Hate it when an idiot spoils the show like that. Bleh. It was as if they had no idea how to end the show 'quickly' and went for the easy "oh, there's an idiot that gets everyone killed, but not before every single one of them does something stupid that makes you groan at the TV" route.

Also, had a debate in our flat about whether zombies should be able to climb fences and walls like us normaltons can. Then, of course, there's the usual problem of "why doesn't anyone realise they're zombies? Why aren't there more cultural references to films? ... etc bleh blah bloo.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!