N-Europe

Pitta Bread! How do you eat yours?

Coolness Bears

I only just had my Lunch! (being Ill makes you really lazy :heh:)

What i usually have for Lunch ,and today was no acception, is Pitta Bread.

Everyone loves Pitta Bread! :D (i hope) It is the most delicious of snacks and makes for some good Eatin' :grin:

I usually cook them in the microwave and then stuff them full of different food, which is taramasalata, ham, mini sausages and salad. :yay:

I'm interested in:

What other people have with their pitta bread? and how they cook them?

I would like some suggestions please so i can expand what i have with my Pitta Bread and make them even Tastier. (if that's possile. :)):bouncy:

I can relate to your love of pita :P

I only tend to have it though with something saucy so I can use it clean up the plate. yum!

I put mine in the over with it cut open slightly for about 5~10 mins and when i take it out a small bit of butter on the top!

With lots of boursin (garlic cream cheese stuff) in the middle, slightly heated. If you're feeling extravagant, add melted mozzarella for a winnerific snack.

Boursin = :heart: !

Anyway, we don't eat pitta bread here. Except for when we eat a kebab or whatever it's called again (and I have vegetables and garlic sauce on mine then).

Take pitta bread.

Cover with mozzarella.

Add Pepperoni.

Put under grill until pepperoni is browing and cheese is stringy.

Best mini-pizza thing ever. I guess you could add tomato puree as well, but I've never tried.

Aww, hell, I just made (and ate) a pair myself, but I forgot about this idea. :(

Still, mine was made of butter, barbecue chicken, and win. :awesome:

I really think i've been missing out now :'(

I used to make some awesome french-bread pizzas, and I think in general I was brought up on using sticks instead of pitta for my awesome, supreme sandwiches. Pitta and naan always seemed a bit dense.

What sort of prices is pitta, then?

Oh, i'm also going to make some chili-mayonnaise. Had a jar of chillis that i plonked in sandwiches, pasta, whatever; now i'm left with the oil. anyone ever tried something like this?

I really think i've been missing out now :'(

I used to make some awesome french-bread pizzas, and I think in general I was brought up on using sticks instead of pitta for my awesome, supreme sandwiches. Pitta and naan always seemed a bit dense.

What sort of prices is pitta, then?

Oh, i'm also going to make some chili-mayonnaise. Had a jar of chillis that i plonked in sandwiches, pasta, whatever; now i'm left with the oil. anyone ever tried something like this?

I made some chilli sauce ice cubes once.