NEurope
Coolness Bears

Pitta Bread! How do you eat yours?

I only just had my Lunch! (being Ill makes you really lazy :heh:)

What i usually have for Lunch ,and today was no acception, is Pitta Bread.

Everyone loves Pitta Bread! :D (i hope) It is the most delicious of snacks and makes for some good Eatin' :grin:

I usually cook them in the microwave and then stuff them full of different food, which is taramasalata, ham, mini sausages and salad. :yay:

I'm interested in:

What other people have with their pitta bread? and how they cook them?

I would like some suggestions please so i can expand what i have with my Pitta Bread and make them even Tastier. (if that's possile. :)):bouncy:

I can relate to your love of pita :P

I only tend to have it though with something saucy so I can use it clean up the plate. yum!

I put mine in the over with it cut open slightly for about 5~10 mins and when i take it out a small bit of butter on the top!

Every so often I have this lovely pitta bread meal for tea. Put homemade houmous inside the pittas, then we have a garlic chicken filling which is so nice.

Erm, toast it, cut it open, butter it, throw in some tomato, scallion... lettuce, bitta chicken or something, a lump of cheese and thats usually it.

Et voila.

Pitta bread in one hand. Tub of humous in other hand. Bring hands together. Eat the resulting dipped pitta. No need for cuttage of pitta.

Take pitta bread.

Cover with mozzarella.

Add Pepperoni.

Put under grill until pepperoni is browing and cheese is stringy.

Best mini-pizza thing ever. I guess you could add tomato puree as well, but I've never tried.

I have to cut mine in half as the toaster is terrible. Then a little bit of flora and put some ham and if I'm feeling adventurous, cheese inside it.

Pitta bread in one hand. Tub of humous in other hand. Bring hands together. Eat the resulting dipped pitta. No need for cuttage of pitta.

This person speaks sense.:smile:

For college, I toast it then fill it with lettuce, tomato and cucumber.

At home, I toast it, then put cheese and oregano on top and toast under the grill until the cheese is melted.

YUM :D

With lots of boursin (garlic cream cheese stuff) in the middle, slightly heated. If you're feeling extravagant, add melted mozzarella for a winnerific snack.

With lots of boursin (garlic cream cheese stuff) in the middle, slightly heated. If you're feeling extravagant, add melted mozzarella for a winnerific snack.

Boursin = :heart: !

Anyway, we don't eat pitta bread here. Except for when we eat a kebab or whatever it's called again (and I have vegetables and garlic sauce on mine then).

For college, I toast it then fill it with lettuce, tomato and cucumber.

At home, I toast it, then put cheese and oregano on top and toast under the grill until the cheese is melted.

YUM :D

That sounds awesome! *Goes and tries it*

Grill both sides for 30 seconds, stuff in ham, cheese and salad. Damn I really want some now.

Thanks for all of the great suggestions guys! :awesome: : peace:

I now have some new things to try out when i eat my Pitta Bread. :yay:

I really like SuperGrunch's Mini Pizza Idea. :grin:

Take pitta bread.

Cover with mozzarella.

Add Pepperoni.

Put under grill until pepperoni is browing and cheese is stringy.

Best mini-pizza thing ever. I guess you could add tomato puree as well, but I've never tried.

Aww, hell, I just made (and ate) a pair myself, but I forgot about this idea. :(

Still, mine was made of butter, barbecue chicken, and win. :awesome:

I really think i've been missing out now :'(

I used to make some awesome french-bread pizzas, and I think in general I was brought up on using sticks instead of pitta for my awesome, supreme sandwiches. Pitta and naan always seemed a bit dense.

What sort of prices is pitta, then?

Oh, i'm also going to make some chili-mayonnaise. Had a jar of chillis that i plonked in sandwiches, pasta, whatever; now i'm left with the oil. anyone ever tried something like this?

I really think i've been missing out now :'(

I used to make some awesome french-bread pizzas, and I think in general I was brought up on using sticks instead of pitta for my awesome, supreme sandwiches. Pitta and naan always seemed a bit dense.

What sort of prices is pitta, then?

Oh, i'm also going to make some chili-mayonnaise. Had a jar of chillis that i plonked in sandwiches, pasta, whatever; now i'm left with the oil. anyone ever tried something like this?

I made some chilli sauce ice cubes once.