N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

"Warner Bros. are expected to announce the cast for it's upcoming Justice League of America motion picture. According to leaked reports, Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights, Speed Racer) has been cast as Superman and Adam Brody (The OC) as The Flash."

Can't wait to here the rest of the cast, could be awesome if those two are anything to go by.

If the rest of the cast are people with similar acting career as they have you could expect the movie to take place in your generic high school with all your generic love interest and saving the world hoo-ha :indeed:

But seriously Adam Brody as the Flash! What the hell were they shooting up when they had that great idea.... (Nothing bad intended about his acting skills)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He-Man

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/835/835603p1.html

He-Man Chatter

Screenwriter talks new film adaptation.

US, November 15, 2007 - Screenwriter Justin Marks has taken an opportunity to give fans an update -- and clear up some rumors -- about the latest live-action film version of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. Marks penned the screenplay (from an idea by Marks and co-producer Neil Ellice) for Silver Pictures and Warner Bros.

In an interview in the latest issue of Toyfare Magazine, pointed out by IESB.net, Marks said of whether or not the protagonist will still be called He-Man, "We're doing something very interesting with that. But... yeah. Obviously you can't make a He-Man movie and be afraid of the word 'He-Man.' You have to get into there. But I think fans will be very pleased when they see how 'He-Man' is spoken."

Marks confirmed that Skeletor will be the villain of the film. "Thus far, at least, there are no invented new characters plopped into it and if we and Mattel have our way there will never be. We're talking about the He-Man mythology. So what we're talking about doing, in the same way as Batman Begins, we're going back to the original thing, let's build it from the ground up again," Marks explained.

He continued, "How can we find our way in? How can we jump into Adam's life at an interesting point where new audiences will respect him? It's an Adam origin story, and it's a Skeletor origin story. We want to see where both of them come from and how they got that way. If we don't see the humanity and the truth in what Skeletor's trying to do, then the story's not compelling."

Calling Masters of the Universe "sword-and-sandals meets science fiction," Marks said rumors about the story taking place on Earth are untrue. "This is an Eternian movie and it's a story about an Eternian hero. We're not going to Earth, here. We're not going to the modern world. We're not going to a strip mall in the Valley."

About...

Marks said of whether or not the protagonist will still be called He-Man, "We're doing something very interesting with that. But... yeah. Obviously you can't make a He-Man movie and be afraid of the word 'He-Man.' You have to get into there. But I think fans will be very pleased when they see how 'He-Man' is spoken."
I don't get this, are they worried about political correctness or something?! What exactly is the issue here?

And also, how many other ways are they to say He-Man!?

Anyways, more excited to see how Thundercats turns out myself!

Saw a trailer for a film at the cinema on friday, which was posted on these forums ages ago. Its where a guy is video taping a party for his best mate to leave, when theres an earthquake and a strange noise. Then they go onto the rooftops and see an explosion.

Does anyone know what this is called and have any info about it?

Saw a trailer for a film at the cinema on friday, which was posted on these forums ages ago. Its where a guy is video taping a party for his best mate to leave, when theres an earthquake and a strange noise. Then they go onto the rooftops and see an explosion.

Does anyone know what this is called and have any info about it?

I think it's called Cloverfield! :D Here is the Wiki page. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield

David Ellis (“Snakes on a Plane”) has signed here, here and here to direct “Final Destination 4”, another in the I-see-dead-people-but-not-yet series.

Ellis directed "Final Destination 2".

This latest one will be shot in 3D, says The Hollywood Reporter.

“Final Destination 2” (the good one) scribe Eric Bress will pen the sequel. No plot details have been announced, just that it’ll fix on two new heroes as they attempt to cheat death.

I love these movies. So much fun to watch, especially the 3rd one. Looking forward to this.

People!!!!

Sweeney Todd by Tim Burton. Almost here!!! Discuss!

A film director who hasn't done any great films (Mars Attacks and The Nightmare Before Christmas were aright) turns a musical into a film...

...dear lord. Sounds awful.

Trailer

Thats the link to the teaser and the trailer for Cloverfield, the new trailer was only released today!

Cloverfield looks fantastic. I wonder if they'll actually show the monster in the film (I thing it would be great if they didn't).

Christian Bale set to play John Connor in Terminator: Salvation

Christian Bale (The Dark Knight, Batman Begins) has been cast as John Connor in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, says Ain't It Cool News.

McG is directing the summer 2009 release, which has an early 2008 production start and seeks to reinvent the cyborg saga with a storyline to be told over a three-movie span. Warner Bros. will distribute domestically.