Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

We've been compromised! God damn it Bill, how could you let this happen?!

In other news...I'm nervous. Nervous as anything, as tomorrow, on impulse, I'm going to Norwich to meet this girl I've been talking to for weeks and weeks. We've already met before in real life (actually, it was how we met, and we've established a friendship over msn etc), but only the once. We both know we have feelings for each other.

This could be one of the best decisions I've made in my life, or quite the opposite. I'll let you know how it goes N-E.

So glad it's the weekend, longest week ever. Ever. Tomorrow I'm going to my mum's school to help her out with...labels, or displays or who knows really. Kids stuff. She's having a tough time, so I'm happy to be able to do something. Then out on the town I hope, wooplah.

Went to see the London Symphony Orchestra play The Rite Of Spring last night. Bloody brilliant. And then we all came back to mine and played Wii Sports before my friend forced us to do sit ups and press ups and carry her around on our backs.

How very cultured of you, I am suitably impressed and awed! :)

Edit: Good luck Dyson! I'm sure you won't need it though.

In other news...I'm nervous. Nervous as anything, as tomorrow, on impulse, I'm going to Norwich to meet this girl I've been talking to for weeks and weeks. We've already met before in real life (actually, it was how we met, and we've established a friendship over msn etc), but only the once. We both know we have feelings for each other.

This could be one of the best decisions I've made in my life, or quite the opposite. I'll let you know how it goes N-E.

Sounds interesting. I demand live updates! :heh:

Good luck, if you need it.

Remember to pack your hacksaw, just in case you're gonna need it. Good luck Henderson!

Well, at Surrey at least, Mechanical, Medical and Aerospace have identical first years, and Civil is similar with a few modules cut out (eg electronics, thermodynamics) and a few added (eg surveying, geology).

2nd year and upward, Medical takes in some biology, and focuses on medical equipment, such as sensors. Aerospace focuses on aerodynamics, as you would expect, whilst Mechanical is orientated towards the likes of engines and hydraulics. Civil engineering is the design and construction of pretty much any stationary construction (pipes, roads, railways, bridges, buildings/foundations, tunnels, etc, etc) and includes geology and surveying, amongst other things.

As for jobs, mechanical engineering can lead to the greatest variety of jobs, whilst civil is the most likely to land you a job, as people always need consultants & contractors.

Thanks fish, your a legend.

Other than medical (I'm less biology and more physics oriented), they all sound pretty interesting. Will probably come down to the specific courses at the Universities on what I end up doing. And I would imagine they would be pretty flexible with switching between, especially if as you say the first years are similar. Who knows!

We've been compromised! God damn it Bill, how could you let this happen?!

*Sets up tiny RSS feed from Dyson's brain to NE main page*

Sounds interesting. I demand live updates! :heh:

Good luck, if you need it.

Good luck dyson!! ^____^

Cheers guys :kiss:

Remember to pack your hacksaw, just in case you're gonna need it. Good luck Henderson!

I'm gonna need a hacksaw. :D

Fuck her one from me son.

..Yeeees.

*Sets up tiny RSS feed from Dyson's brain to NE main page*

11:38 PM: Dyson is nervous

11:40 PM: Dyson is still nervous

:heh:

Dyson, good luck. Meeting up with a strange girl on the internet was the best thing I ever did :p

Well I've met her once before so it's not quite the same circumstances but it may as well be :laughing: Thanks Jordan.

Dyson....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Never meet a strange girl off the internet. It only leads to trouble!

Oh....Hi, Eeenooo! What I meant was haaaappiness. Yes. It leads to happiness!

*run Dyson. RUN*

:bowdown:

Dyson....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Never meet a strange girl off the internet. It only leads to trouble!

Oh....Hi, Eeenooo! What I meant was haaaappiness. Yes. It leads to happiness!

*run Dyson. RUN*

And you're expecting to get inside my house tomorrow? Tssssk, think again!

*points to dog pen*

Thanks fish, your a legend.

Other than medical (I'm less biology and more physics oriented), they all sound pretty interesting. Will probably come down to the specific courses at the Universities on what I end up doing. And I would imagine they would be pretty flexible with switching between, especially if as you say the first years are similar. Who knows!

At least here, switching between mechanical, medical and aerospace (MMA) in 1st year is literally signing a piece of paper. For civil, after the first semester, it's a bit more tricky, but do-able.

A couple of things: if you want to look outside of the Uni's you've applied to, look at Surrey - it's got one of the few (if not the only) ICE accredited Civil engineering course in the UK, and, for all 4 disciplines, it has the joint-best graduate employment rate, as professional placements are pretty much par for the course. Where ever you end up, do a placement year. It'll help to no end.

Where are you applying to at the mo'?

if you want to look outside of the Uni's you've applied to, look at Surrey - it's got one of the few (if not the only) ICE accredited Civil engineering course in the UK

Im doing an ICE accredited course at leeds met in civil engineering :) So theres at least two :)

This could be one of the best decisions I've made in my life, or quite the opposite.

I wouldn't say that. You only have something to gain if things go well, and if they don't... well, the only thing you would lose is a hope proven false.

I meant that to be more encouraging than it sounds. You aren't just making the right choice, it's the only choice; the only other option is to delay the inevitable, which isn't a choice at all.

A suprisingly nice day. Went to sort out this guy's website and he gave me £40. Quite a suprise (and I feel as if I should give Shorty some of it as he helped a bit...).

Went to dads and had a chat to my sibling which is rare. Went to town and got a haircut, she did it shorter than I'd like and she was odd. Only spoke about hair. Maybe she didn't want to seem nosey but thats what hairdressers are there for. So thus, dull.

Then was meant to meet a friend and figured it would be me listening to her moan about her life but she suprised me with another friend, and then later someone joined and we went for a meal. Unfortunatly though I was still out of place as it was two married mothers and a wannabe married mother but it was nice to have company, even if I spent most of my time just sat there listening (and shall try and erase the personal details of their partners sex lives from my mind).

Was also invited to a "booze bus" or something. A bar in a bus which takes you around a few pubs. I shall be one of two guys and it will be filled with a lot of middle-aged women (friend's mothers) so it could be...something. Shall I go. Y/N?