Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wow, that was very.... erm... interesting, especially that second paragraph. And some of it holds true. The language thing is spot on as I feel that in my experiences, trying to translate my life experiences into a linguistic/verbal form as accurately as possible is just not possible. Having something as a piece of writing or speech cannot recreate that exact experience you under went in another person because, not matter how you describe it, how you experience things is in complete contrast to how others experience the same things. [/blah]

It's actually very interesting and very philosophical.

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO BLAME FOR MY FAILURES AT LIFE! I feel guilty for not giving enough of a shit about university right now, and half of my courses teach me that reality isn't really there, and if it is it's all subjective; language is imperfect and it is impossible to ever translate your thoughts into accurate enough verbular renditions for another individual to every truly know what the fuck you are on about, yet even as you attempt to vocalise the true nature of your impression of the moment, or the tree, or the golf ball or whatever, you lose that ping into the pong of time, forever a new person, unable to go back but ever able to get up one day and climb a tree to sing "I'm the king of the castle/swingers" (depending on the tree), or spit on a car, or go to wales.

Interestingly enough that paragraph makes alot of sense, alot of the time when I try to at least discuss something about how I'm feeling I get several confused looks, shooting my way. As though I'd grown two more arms and started singing ''It's a small world'' I don't know why we as humans bother with feelings, they are never the same as one another. We have several different meanings for love for example. I love my friend in different ways to a chocolate bar, or a boyfriend. Depressed can be clinically or just feeling down. The language is confusing and somewhat idiotic. We need an invention that sucks the emotion out and makes the other person feel it.

I've been thinking too much..

As it is, you need to rest, you've gone crazy..again!

Ah, man, I love the philosophy of language and communication, but basically it all boils down to whether the person you are trying to share something internal with is actually really that bothered about sharing the sentiment with you. I also 'believe' that discussing anything is like chess - you ought to try and think a few 'moves' down the line; predict how the other person is processing the information before you feed them another line.

But this is all detrimental to the thread! I want tomorrow to be five minutes ago. And I want the 2008 forum awards calculated so I can pick up my prize money and inflate my ego a little, BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE IS DOING IT FOR ME, but that's ok it's not to be expected. Admitting such a thing loses the respect others have for you a shaving at a time. Fuck you, then.

God I'm soooooooooooooooooo bored. If recent weeks/months are anything to go by I wont be getting to sleep for another 3/4 hours and there's nothing I feel like doing.

It would be alright if I had a bloody job, then I could do all the crap I do during the day in the evening and I wouldn't have hours of just sitting around. In the last week I've watched about 20 films and so now I don't have any left that I haven't seen. It wouldn't be so bad if my mates weren't a bunch of bastards who only wanna go out once a week. But then even when we do go out I live in the middle of nowhere so its not like I can go anywhere decent and drink - I always have to drive!

Fuck, I am actually feeling like shit right now, don't even want to try to get to sleep cause that's when I start going over all this shit in my head.

God I'm soooooooooooooooooo bored. If recent weeks/months are anything to go by I wont be getting to sleep for another 3/4 hours and there's nothing I feel like doing.

It would be alright if I had a bloody job, then I could do all the crap I do during the day in the evening and I wouldn't have hours of just sitting around. In the last week I've watched about 20 films and so now I don't have any left that I haven't seen. It wouldn't be so bad if my mates weren't a bunch of bastards who only wanna go out once a week. But then even when we do go out I live in the middle of nowhere so its not like I can go anywhere decent and drink - I always have to drive!

Fuck, I am actually feeling like shit right now, don't even want to try to get to sleep cause that's when I start going over all this shit in my head.

Somersets a beautiful place to live, I used to go there every weekend, loved it. Specially some of the car boots, like around massive lake!

Sorry about your friends! They can be such cunts, makes me wonder why we bother making friends!

Wohoo, last week of placement. One day down, and counting. I've got an observed lesson again tomorrow, and then my final report is going to be written on Wednesday. So, I can relax on Thursday and Friday, hopefully.

Ahh, I cannae wait.

Today has been an ok day, I think. Except it was pissing down with rain this morning on my way to the train station, and my umbrella and I were being pulled in all directions thanks to the wind. Noooo.

I got up(much earlier than expected, woo me!) went to work, got in from work about 50 minutes ago, put on some DnB to get me pumped. I need to write a fucking awesome cover letter for a job that apparently closes tomorrow. That could mean midnight tonight. I have less than 66 minutes to save the world...or at least my life. WILL I MAKE IT IN TIME, I'VE ALREADY MADE TWO CUPS OF TEA AND DONE FUCK ALL IN 50 MINUTES AND NOW IM POSTING HERE AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Somersets a beautiful place to live, I used to go there every weekend, loved it. Specially some of the car boots, like around massive lake!

Sorry about your friends! They can be such cunts, makes me wonder why we bother making friends!

Oh, I agree Somerset is beautiful, but when you've lived here for 22 years it all becomes a bit.... shitty.... (not shitty but I don't really know how to explain, like I take it for granted or something)

It's not like its nice weather so I could just drive somewhere and hang around some nice scenery for a while though, bloody winter! :heh:

As for the friends thing, I agree, but then I can't stand being on my own. I never used to feel like that, I used to able to just sit around on my own for hours and be perfectly happy. Then I got a girlfriend and things changed and now I hate being on my own, bloody girls changing you, making you realise you need company, then fucking off!

:heh:

Oh, I agree Somerset is beautiful, but when you've lived here for 22 years it all becomes a bit.... shitty.... (not shitty but I don't really know how to explain, like I take it for granted or something)

It's not like its nice weather so I could just drive somewhere and hang around some nice scenery for a while though, bloody winter! :heh:

As for the friends thing, I agree, but then I can't stand being on my own. I never used to feel like that, I used to able to just sit around on my own for hours and be perfectly happy. Then I got a girlfriend and things changed and now I hate being on my own, bloody girls changing you, making you realise you need company, then fucking off!

:heh:

Haha I suppose you could say the same about Cheshire, some of it is really beautiful, but I hate the place.

I can stand being alone for a few hours, even a couple of days. But knowning somebody generally is just being lazy, well that fucks me off. I can't even describe how sickened I'd be if I was in a relationship right now, so thats out too.

:zzz:

Im in an odd mood. Work was deady dead dead. The manager didn't seem to give a fuck about the fact I was leaving. I'm missing Game (seriously. the frak?) Text my friend (/old manager/comrade in crime) to meet up in a week or so as our birthdays are both in the same week. Nice to make plans and people actually bother. My friend whose recently been dumped asked me to go to the local gay night tomorrow. I told him I'd rather shoot myself (sleazy old gays, no thanks). So we're doing something Wednesday instead.

And im in a slightly dancey mood but im not sure why. Currently making two play lists in my head, although they're kinda becoming the same one...

The senior lecturer person from the MA course I want to do has asked to meet but gave me a load of silly (ie not compatible dates) so I said "any chance you could do this day as I'm in London anyway?" Shall see, shall see.

This is of no interest to anyone but im SLIGHTLY HYPER so yeah!

id imagine so, though id guess that just having it in her mamories would be ahrmful to her

I just had a rather stupidly intense argument about this via facebook chat. A pal. Here's a transcript.

me: mmuh. maybe. i liek cheez.

Her: who doesnt?

me: lactose intolerant tits. that's a point - can a woman be intolerant to her own milk?

Her: womens milk isnt lactose

me: what is lactose?

Her: cows milk

me:the nipples lactate

Her: completely different substance! its not from a cow

me: Lactose (also referred to as milk sugar) is a sugar that is found most notably in milk. Lactose makes up around 2–8% of milk (by weight). The name comes from the Latin word for milk, plus the -ose ending used to name sugars. Its systematic name is β-D-galactopyranosyl-(1↔4)β-D-glucopyranose.

still milk. you can pasteurise it and everything

Her: you can pasturise milk but its not like cows milk

me: but it's still something lactose intolerant people can't drink!

Her: no its not

me: yes it is

Her: lactose intolerant people can drink goats milk. different animal different substance

me: Carbohydrate (g/100 ml) lactose 7. human breast milk has 7g of lactose per 100ml

Her: dude lactose intolerant people can drink goats milk n peoples milk. ive got lactose intolerant friends

me: all female mammals produce milk containing lactose, but some mammals have lower levels of lactose. wikipedia, maam

4.8 in cows, 4.4 in goat

Her: your still wrong tho

me: >_< i'm not! lactose is the fatty sugar in milk

Her: dude lactose intolerant people can drink goat n people milk etc etc trust me

me: they can drink regular milk too if they wanted

human milk is 9% lactose, cow milk 4.8%, goat 4.1%

Her: thatd make em ill tho

And, of course, now I'm the big bad guy for not letting it go >_< I feel guilty and everything! Destroying a life-long belief. This was her santa clause!

Btw; lactose intolerance is to do with lack of lactase in smaller intestine, or something, and realistically the vast majority of our species is intolerant in adult life, us north-westerners are mutated freaks.

I just had a rather stupidly intense argument about this via facebook chat. A pal. Here's a transcript.

me: mmuh. maybe. i liek cheez.

Her: who doesnt?

me: lactose intolerant tits. that's a point - can a woman be intolerant to her own milk?

Her: womens milk isnt lactose

me: what is lactose?

Her: cows milk

me:the nipples lactate

Her: completely different substance! its not from a cow

me: Lactose (also referred to as milk sugar) is a sugar that is found most notably in milk. Lactose makes up around 2–8% of milk (by weight). The name comes from the Latin word for milk, plus the -ose ending used to name sugars. Its systematic name is β-D-galactopyranosyl-(1↔4)β-D-glucopyranose.

still milk. you can pasteurise it and everything

Her: you can pasturise milk but its not like cows milk

me: but it's still something lactose intolerant people can't drink!

Her: no its not

me: yes it is

Her: lactose intolerant people can drink goats milk. different animal different substance

me: Carbohydrate (g/100 ml) lactose 7. human breast milk has 7g of lactose per 100ml

Her: dude lactose intolerant people can drink goats milk n peoples milk. ive got lactose intolerant friends

me: all female mammals produce milk containing lactose, but some mammals have lower levels of lactose. wikipedia, maam

4.8 in cows, 4.4 in goat

Her: your still wrong tho

me: >_< i'm not! lactose is the fatty sugar in milk

Her: dude lactose intolerant people can drink goat n people milk etc etc trust me

me: they can drink regular milk too if they wanted

human milk is 9% lactose, cow milk 4.8%, goat 4.1%

Her: thatd make em ill tho

And, of course, now I'm the big bad guy for not letting it go >_< I feel guilty and everything! Destroying a life-long belief. This was her santa clause!

Btw; lactose intolerance is to do with lack of lactase in smaller intestine, or something, and realistically the vast majority of our species is intolerant in adult life, us north-westerners are mutated freaks.

My nephew was lactose intolerant as an infant. He was fine with breast milk, but regular cow milk made him break out in a rash and turned his poo into some vile substance that tried to melt his skin away. So after "X" months on lactose free soy milk and slowly adjusting him to regular stuff, he's fine now.

But it's odd that Breast milk has more lactose than cows milk, but he was fine drinking that.

Friend of mine just made me laugh so hard. I said wish me luck in my exam tomorrow and she goes "Think of me if you get stuck. It won't help you think of an answer, but it'll sure help down there"

Such a slag, I love her for it though. :D

--

Right, sleep. Up at 6am tomorrow on the dot. This should be something to see. I've never been up that early for college. Earliest is about 8am usually. *sighs*