Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Day off so I got to catch up on sleep yay!

Finally sent an email to a teacher asking to be my mentor for my dissertation. He'll probably say no though.

Just asked mom about Christmas and what we're doing for presents (normally we do a Secret Santa kind of thing), and she said she'd actually prefer to just give us some money and not do presents... How crappy is that? I'd rather get a present than some money; I love the way we have our Christmas meal and give presents after every course. With money you can't do that. =(

Kitchen units don't tend to be cheap. You could maybe try the local dump?

I have no idea where to locate a local dump/junkyard. :sad:

My dad's gone to look in some second-hand "home" store. Eh. I have a door from a kitchen unit, I can convince my mum to let me use it and just make the rest of it myself like the Design Technology whiz I once was. ;)

My day got awesome!

I got my external USB-powered HDD back from repairs.

Turned out they didn't repair it (didn't think they would) and just replaced it.

But they replaced it with a 500GB one instead of my original 320GB.

How awesome's that?

I'll answer that question for you: Very awesome.

I have no idea where to locate a local dump/junkyard. :sad:

My dad's gone to look in some second-hand "home" store. Eh. I have a door from a kitchen unit, I can convince my mum to let me use it and just make the rest of it myself like the Design Technology whiz I once was. ;)

The one at Seafield is quite close to you. Dunno if you're actually allowed to root about in it though...

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

Good day, lesson was nice, got my haircut and I got a subway. Good times.

Off out tonight and then shopping tomorrow, still got to get my mums present (professor layton) and my dad the omid live in london dvd, luckily both are being bought on the internet (cheaper) and I'll still have over 250 to last me til christmas, woot! ^_^

Good day, lesson was nice, got my haircut and I got a subway. Good times.

Not at the same time i hope, imagine the loose hair in the sub!!.

Shower is broken again, somebody broke the door. Have to endure a bath again because of this selfish person. I hope they pay the repair fees, but i know they won't. They are the favourites of the house!!.

The one at Seafield is quite close to you. Dunno if you're actually allowed to root about in it though...

I'm so scared.

Well, we (my family) couldn't find anything in any charit shops or even "real" shops. Even the most expensive of kitchen or bathroom units weren't even what I was looking for, let alone the cheap ones.

I'm dealing. I'll make one. It'll blow them all.

@ Paj and Chair. You getting any Heroclix? Did you hear about "God Boosters" (5 SRs in one pack) which would be 5 of the normal 8 ish SRs in a case. Lol. And the two chases. Frog Thor (normal sized....wtf? as in NOT in scale with other clix. Looks so fucking stupid. My custom FTW) and ANNOYED cos the other is ThorBuster Iron Man. Sigh.

Anyway thats fine.

Today can be summed up in a few sentences.

I learnt that apparently friends are allowed to meaningfully threatan other friends with physical violence, so that was quite interesting.

I also 5 starred a song on Expert on drums on Band Hero DS, and I got raped by several other songs.

Children In Need will be meh/shit.

I had KFC last night. It was....well I honestly think I got chicken poisoning. We had a Boneless Box thing (meant for 4 people I think) between two. Honestly though I'd be pushed to feed 3 people from that thing.

Probably shouldn't have pizza today...but....it is Friday. Gonna try and wrangle the missus into persuasion of epic chicken/pizza/wedge/desert.

----------

Anyone used GamesBasement?

It would appear they look amazing but are actually shit. Ordered one thing, and they refunded without telling me why (out of stock)

and my second order was 15 days ago. I rang on Wednesday and said "WTF" and they were like "Delays in the DIZ section" (she actually said "DIZ", meaning DS) "Should be sent on Friday" ....Still hasn't been though.

WHICH REMINDS ME

I heard two boys in HMV the other day say "Have you seen SAW IV" as in...he said "Ivve". Not "Four" or "I. V." But IV.

tl;dr -

Clix fail win

Friend lose

Band Hero mixed bag

Fast food epic

GaysBasement

Retard children boys teens

Edited by ReZourceman

Careful now raining, we wouldn't want you becoming a fulltime spelling nazi!

:o:O

oh noooooo!

I'm just an angry angry person when it comes to people just having to prove themselves (more) intelligent, when it could have been left well alone.

anyhooooo.

its friday! happy happy! I had an omelette and it was nom! red peppers, baby sweetcorn, ham, red onion, mushrooms and a little cheese. (and don't forget the egg!) Oh yes. Was gooooood.:bouncy:

also very weird; had a phone call today about a patient with an ANKLE replacement... sure knees, hips, common as hell... but ankle?! that's just crazy talk. First time i've seen it in 4 years!

Guest Stefkov

Went to ze job centre and went through all that stuff. Got told I need a letter by the Uni saying I've totally given up on my course/studies but I've no idea who to contact about that.

Cut up a few of my cards I didn't need anymore which was childishly fun.

And then I've been tired for most of the day. Next week I'm gonna try a week of getting up at 8 everyday. Just testing something out.

I finally decided what to go as to QueerFest tomorrow night (the dress code being 400 years of Queer Icons).

I'm going as Bat For Lashes.

I actually love my costume so much (provided I get the make-up right). I'm really really excited.

One of the Ambiguously Gay Duo. Get a queer companion to make up the other half.

But tonight is Mecca Madness [The Bingo kind :blank:] since it's my coworkers birthday, there actually seems to be a night where we're both not working for a change. Considering getting hammered.

Mecca had sent him a voucher for some "bubbly" for his birthday, which was yesterday. But he can't claim it until Saturday for some reason.

Plus, last night was his first time going and the little shit won twice. I say win loosely, because he called out too late [You have to shout out on your last number] on both occasions... The dumbfuck. He could've had a combined £50.

Had a worry this morning because my hamster appeared to have a small lump but was in a rush to go to work. I had quick look and poke and it didn't seem to be anything but was still worried. Got back tonight and I think it may just be how she was initially sat (shifting weight to her right from paw which looked lump-like) or something. I dunno, she's fine anyway...except when I dropped her on the stairs. Her fault, wriggling around :heh:

Work was okay. Student actually turned up :o! 2/8 lectures is quite a stellar record. Spoke to Jodie for the first time in ages (well, a few days which for us is ages) and arranged my trip to London on Tuesday. Thai food, open 'afternoon' ("should last 30 mins to an hour", I spend £13 for this? :p) and then Le premier jour du reste de ta vie :D

Weekend :D I said to myself I'd get some animation stuff done tonight but its not happened. But I feel positive that tomorrow will be productive :)

Oh and mother and partner finally sorted out a rent price. £40/week which is reasonable (and obviously better than if I was to be living alone) but I need a 2nd job (although actually I may have a researching job coming up actually...). Uni is so unreliable and if I wanna move to London... hmm.

I had a nap from 8.30pm to 9pm and I dunno why but now I'm super pumped. Working on presentation. Do not disturb, the Pookeroo machine is running for a change.

And I realise the irony in being on here and writing messages...

I love you all.

That's what they call powernapping. Naps around 20-30 minutes are supposed to give you lots of energy (whereas longer naps can make you feel more tired).

Today's been a bit meh. Needed to get lots of work done (got an evaluation on Tuesday) but failed to get anything done. Not even really sure what I should do so that's not helping. Gonna have to work lots this weekend to get something done!

POWER NAP REVISION IS WHERE IT'S AT. :grin:

Go to bed with your books and get intimate under the covers with them. Begin to revise around 12 then when you are starting to drift off allow the sleep to gently caress you but only four about half an hour wake up start revising again. Repeat until the next morning. :)

Hmm, I'll tell you how my week has been going as today was mellow! Had an experiment to do today but was cancelled. Still get mah credits though so it's all goooooood.

Did an experiment yesterday! I had to rate chicken and decide (not even through taste) whether it was tasty for consumer Psychology. It took an hour and half!

I think on wednesday I went to make my bed with my duvet but instead of the duvet cover ending up on the bed I ended up in the duvet cover pretending to be a ghost. :D Then I fell over and the night ended with me in a duvet cover tied to a cupboard with two metal computer locks and my friend laughing hysterically at me while I was struggling to get out. winz.

This evening I got some crisps and my friend and I watched Superbad. Man that film is longer than I remember like seriously. 0____0

Ooh! In my Public Speaking I've taken my impromptu speeches to an even greater depth. From the guy who brought you Exploding Whale Golf and Auto Erotic Asphyxiation This week I had to speak about "What I'd do If I was invisible today?"

Frankly I'm scared as I ended up talking about terrorising bakery's and naked scarf dances in the middle of a circle of oldmen. (amongst other things)

If only I had brought up Top Hat Bowling. :(

So yeh that's what I've been up to. In the down times I've worked, eaten and watched One Tree Hill + Sex and the City.

ALSO MY ETOPEN SIGNATURE! :yay:

Which although poor, it is Etopen and Etopen is my new God!

:bowdown:

I don't know why, but right now I'm in a really good mood listening to some really agressive music. Just got back in about half an hour ago from the movies and was knackered driving back, but suddenly got a second wind.

/me goes to get beer

Had a lovely night in with Emily. We spent he night eating badly and drinking Hock (Best fucking thing ever) whilst watching 3D horror films on channel 4 and Bridget Jones. It was lovely to read a bunch of texts when I got back to my room too, especially one of them. So cute.

Sleep is needed. Tomorrow will be filled with baking and work. Manly baking I might add.

Edited by Slaggis

I don't know why, but right now I'm in a really good mood listening to some really agressive music. Just got back in about half an hour ago from the movies and was knackered driving back, but suddenly got a second wind.

/me goes to get beer

I'm kinda in the mood for loud and aggressive musics, too. But, people are sleeping...dammit. I'm temptedings to play some Guitar Hero and rock outtt on there, maybe.

As for today, it was great. Went to school, and they were doing lots of fun things for Children in Need. Boys had their nails painted, girls had their faces painted. And, it was a school rule that you had to either wear Wellies or wear one item of clothing either inside out or back to front. I wore my shirt inside out and my tie the other way around. Looked like a professional tit.

Today I edited a photo of a teacher who had a Triforce tattoo. I made sure everyone else saw it. They weren't as impressed as I was. One person referred to it as "the Trivector". I slashed the brake lines on his car, it was the only humane thing to do.

Went "clubbing" for the first time in ages. Only been .."bar-ing" and "pub-ing" for a good while until tonight. As I'm back by 2, and mostly sober, you can see I didn't get to swept up in the excitement.

I did like chatting for ages with the "guest-list woman" who used to go to my school, is the sister of a guy I used to be best friends with (but then drifted away from, and then he was expelled), and was actually a good friend of mine years ago. Seen her in town loads of times, kinda assumed she's mentally severed all ties, but it was nice to know she hadn't. Shot the bull or whatever the phrase is.

I like how clubs make you appreciate some of the music in the charts more. I know understand the love of Tik Tok by Ke$ha (is that her name?), since it sounds 10x in a club. I also liked Million Dollar Bill by Whitney Houston way more, as it was a remix...as was just...better.

Cheap drink of the night a Loki Bomb, which I had 3 of, just cause I loved the reference.

Main point of the night was seeing friend down from uni ya-da. Seeing Twilight in an ironic-yet-the-group-does-actually-want-to-see-it way tomorrow, which might upset my sister, who wanted to go with me (she loves it, and bought me a Vue voucher so I would definitely go with her). I will still go with her, but might just have to go twice (oh god).

Meh. My first Saturday off for months and woke up early due to habit. Oh well, at least I can go get a mullet chop.

And I've decided to compile a list of awesome names that I've seen come through at work:

Muhammed Ali (surprisingly common)

John Connor

*First Name* Gannon (followed immediately by a kid that looked like Link)

Mona Lisa *last name*