Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Or constantly re-applying your handbrake will knacker that.

Pick your poison.

You can tighten the cable on a handbrake in about 60 seconds (stretching cable is the most common problem with handbrakes), changing a clutch is much harder/more expensive.

Plus I'd much rather have a car with a knackered handbrake that a knackered clutch. Worse that happens with a knackered handbrake is that you have to leave it in gear to stop it moving, worst that happens with a knackered clutch is that you can't drive it anywhere.

Well using the handbrake will wear a lot less than riding your clutch for more than a few seconds. And since handbrakes are cheaper and easier to change (cheaper labour) I'll go for that.

and safer. I saw a clip on TV of someone parking up at a ticket reader, obviously had clutch at bite, no handbrake. Went to reach out the window to put ticket in, car lurched forward and took out the entire barrier.

stupidity, but all it takes is a simple thoughtless second.

People seem to be completely missing my point. Whether you use the handbrake or not, you still have to set the bite. My point was that it can be done easily without always having to apply the handbrake. I didn't advise people to sit on a hill in traffic for 30 mins riding their clutch.

Guest Stefkov

So I've been playing Bioshock all day. It's pretty good.

That's all I have to say.

Actually I have more to say. It seems my internet connection will not allow me to download .torrent files. In the words of the great Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg; 'I am very diappointed'.

Edited by Stefkov

EEVIL got suspended from work for drinking on the job [technically again] asked me "come back during the week". So I'm technically fired until further notice.

Should be fun. I'm thinking of going to go in as Ghost Rider when around the time I'm normally meant to work, see how it goes.

So I've been playing Bioshock all day. It's pretty good.

That's all I have to say.

Actually I have more to say. It seems my internet connection will not allow me to download .torrent files. In the words of the great Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg; 'I am very diappointed'.

Maybe you could get round it by saving it as a different filetype? Like rename it to "meh.txt" and then change it back afterwards. Just an idea.

I feel like death. My kids are a bit ill so they wake up randomly in the night. They get medicine and nicely drift back off to sleep, but I have a real problem with getting back to sleep after being wide awake (the curse of being a morning person). So the last couple of days I've been a bit wrecked.

Good thing is that I'm now off work for a week and heading to Center Parcs on Monday.

Guest Stefkov
Maybe you could get round it by saving it as a different filetype? Like rename it to "meh.txt" and then change it back afterwards. Just an idea.

It allows me to open the Save As box, but when I press Save Firefox's downloading box shows it as starting the download for a long time.

I'm not too sure if I can just go over the road to Uni and do it there... I suppose I am an associate student at least.

Slowly working away on my English essay. Was quitely confident about writing it but it's not coming together as I'd hoped but I'm looking to finish it shortly and then go through it a few times before monday morning to hopefully improve it. It's not bad just a bit more confusing than I thought it'd be.

Trying to decide whether to go out for a bit later. Think I will just to clear my head. Might pick up Borderlands or something to take my mind away from the constant deluge of work.

So depressing. Had to start my 4 hour and a half intensive drawings of a chosen location that fits with the theme we chose blah blah. I chose a car park...WHY?! I HATE drwing landscapes or like...geometric things, since I can't draw straight lines properly. I hate both the things I started, didn't finish either. My hands were numb so I went home after 3 and a half hours.

Finished work. A zillion people obught Iron Man and Captain America costumes. If you guys are going out, try and count how many you see, and blame argos.

ALso lots of people are buying Borderlands and That GTA side-story disc thing and i wanna plai :( New Hot Girl At Work (NHGAW) is getting physical with me. Aces. Also spotted she has a tattoo above her crack. Awesum.

Now dressed as scooby, with housemate as a farmer! On way to partay-- if i can drag him away from x-factor.. and, er, myself from the internet :P

Slowly working away on my English essay. Was quitely confident about writing it but it's not coming together as I'd hoped but I'm looking to finish it shortly and then go through it a few times before monday morning to hopefully improve it. It's not bad just a bit more confusing than I thought it'd be.

Trying to decide whether to go out for a bit later. Think I will just to clear my head. Might pick up Borderlands or something to take my mind away from the constant deluge of work.

Yo, gimme a buzz if you want me to give it a proof read, mate :)

Jayseven, Argos are lame. All their LEGO...literally anything good or with more than £1 off, is sold out. Everywhere. Ridiculous. Sort your stock out.

How physical is NEGWAH getting?

Just got back from Santa Pod a car show with Goafer (and my frend Brad)

Was awesome.

I <3 Goafer.

Rocket cars, bacon double burger win cheese, Drift circuit, bonfire, fireworks, famous cars, light toys, epic win awesome fun.

Woke up at 6am. URGH. Anyway I then went onward to Manchester. Went to look around Futureworks (media training) thing and the institute itself looks good (all mod cons and that, including a mixing deck used on PJ Harvey's 'Stories...') and the course seems interesting but I'm still not sold on Manchester. I dunno what it is but I just don't have any draw to it. Normally I love big cities but Manchester has nothing making me want to go.

Will think it over anyway.

Oh and while in the Bullring in Birmingham some (still drunk) guy was unashamedly dancing to 'Unbreak My Heart' which amused me.