Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Went to view a car to replace my old Scirocco today. It was amazing. On a car that's almost 2 decades old, the only thing I could find wrong with it was a spot of rust smaller than my little fingernail and a slight tear in the headlining. It was special. So I'm picking it up next Saturday.

My old one:

n687920340_4214002_4336.jpg

My (soon to be) new one:

scirocco30thsept1.jpg

The new one has been on the cover of a VW magazine (the owner showed me, main feature on the front cover. Rad). It's a lovely specimen.

I find the exact same thing when I go out. I love actually talking with my friends, having a drink, maybe playing a silly game, but then it always gets ruined when we go to some shitty club. Basically, we are all having fun in a quiet place, where drinks are pretty cheap and it's all talkative - but then we "have" to move onto a loud place, where the drinks are really expensive and no one talks. Why? I just don't see the point.

Same! I don't see the point in going out into a noisy busy place where drinks are expensive. Just doesn't seem fun. And seriously, people were pretty much standing on each others toes, it was that crowded. And in those 3-4 hours we were there all I got to drink was a coke. And the toilet had no toilet paper and the floor was all wet. D:

So much more fun to be in a place where you can actually talk and have a laugh while drinking. If I wanna listen to loud music and have other people's bodies touching mine, I'll go to a gig/concert/festival.

Anyway, just got back from work, which was okay. I've been in a bit of a bad mood though since I got up (headache, didn't sleep well...). I'm hoping some yummy dinner will help heh.

Went out for my mates birthday in Brizzle last night, had a quality time. The club we went to, Thekla, is a converted boat at the harbour. The last time I went it was shit so wasn't really looking forward to it but was pleasantly surprised. My mates left at about 1:30/2 ish but me and another decided to stay there a bit longer. Hooked up with some chick and stayed until the club closed then realised that I had no money for a taxi, which was a slight problem. Walked around for ages looking for a cash point and ended up having to pay £7 for a taxi, apparently you don't get a discount if you have to tell them the way!

Today hasn't been so fun, bloody hangovers :heh:

Same! I don't see the point in going out into a noisy busy place where drinks are expensive. Just doesn't seem fun. And seriously, people were pretty much standing on each others toes, it was that crowded. And in those 3-4 hours we were there all I got to drink was a coke. And the toilet had no toilet paper and the floor was all wet. D:

Oh man, I hate clubs with an absolute passion - I often long for a time when going to a "club" would mean going somewhere with lots of big leather furniture and moustaches to drink brandy through. :heh:

Guest Stefkov

I'm not a fan of Sheffield. Everytime I go it's always cold and I always end up being tired due to the travelling. I'm no closer to what I want aswell. Major pain in the bum.

Apart from that good day! I played more PSP which is always good.

I'm sorry that yesterday in the club sucked giant virgin arseholes, my darling.

Going to clubs in the hope of chatting and stuff is pretty much a doomed idea from the start. Bars or a nice pub are sooo brilliant for just talking and hanging out. In all honesty, if I had the choice of going out to a club or a pub/bar, it would be the bar everytime. Granted, some places have the music too loud, but once you find one that is nice with good places to sit and nice music (at a decent level so that you DON'T END UP SHOUTTTING BECAUSE TALKING LOUDLY IS THE ONLY WAY TO HEAR THE OTHER PERSON OK) it's good.

Also, a random person slapping your arse?! That reminds me of the time where I went to a gay bar and the same guy stroked my chest...three times. He walked past, stroked it. Then, walked back, and did it again. Theeeen, he did it a third time. My friends chuckled.

Saturday nights are very tricky for going out, too. Usually can be very busy. And expensive. :(

I much prefer going out during the week.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Just got back from Manchester to see my Grandma in a shitload of pain. There was nothing we could do but just sit and watch, a couple of nurses came in and said they were going to get something for the pain and we never saw them again. Twats.

I'm sorry for your gran and I sympathise, I had to go through this in June, truly I can understand nurses have alot of things to do and get paid very little, but from what I say or from the hospitals I've been to nurses care very little and make alot of empty promises.

:sad:

I'm sorry for your gran and I sympathise, I had to go through this in June, truly I can understand nurses have alot of things to do and get paid very little, but from what I say or from the hospitals I've been to nurses care very little and make alot of empty promises.

:sad:

Nurses don't get paid very little, a lot of media reports would have us all believe they get minimum wage the way they go on.

I do however agree with the fact they are seriously understaffed, and probably don't care as much as they could because they are under so much pressure.

(blame the management!)

really sucks because its the patients that are suffering more than anyone =(

Had a really great few days. Went home thursday night, and spent a couple of nights back there. It was War Weekend, so there were 30,000 tourists there dressed as soldiers, and with air raid sirens going off every hour I literally wanted to strangle someone.

Left on Saturday morning to go and see Alex in Liverpool for a night. Finally got there about 6pm after massively delayed trains, and spent the night watching the X-Factor with numerous bottles of wine before going clubbing with a few of her friends. Haven't had such an amazing night in weeks, I loved every second. It was just so nice to see her again!

Right I hardly ever writie in here but I'm angry

Just had the quiz in my college at Uni. It was a biiiiig quiz with money from the SCR (The people who run the college). First prize was £200, second prize £30. We were in the top two teams, and we were very scared. Our friend managed to walk past the people marking and saw the final scores for the top two teams - we won with 58, the other team came second with 55. So naturally we were excited.

Then they said 'we've paused not only to build suspence, but to organise a tie breaker!' Now that would have been fine, but we'd seen the scores. Still, we didn't want to give that away. So we did it, we both guessed a certain number... and the other team won. But not only that, he went lower, I went higher, and his guess was 53 away, mine was 54. So we lost by one.

So naturally we were disappointed, but then we thought - hold on, fuck that, we'd won. They very clearly had the scores there, we were definitely ahead, and so we definitely shouldn't have had a tie break.

So we went up to the people in charge when everyone had left. The scores had been on an excel spreadsheet, so I asked to see the spreadsheet. The owner of the laptop said he had put it all away now and wouldn't get it out. I asked him a number of times, he kept saying it was over and it wasn't important, I said fine then, if it's not important you won't mind showing me. He wouldn't, no matter what I said. He downright refused to open his laptop.

So. We are now £170 down, and we were a team of 4. Which means we should have £50 each tonight, instead we have £7.50. We know that we're right, but we can't prove it. The owner of the laptop said he'd show me it next week at the next quiz, but by that time it can be changed.

So yeah, he's now gone home, it's probably been changed already, and there is nothing we can do now to prove that we should have won.

Fucking fuck.

Thoughts are greaty appreciated, as long as they're angry and directed towards the owner of the laptop :)

Maybe your mate glanced wrong, or maybe he hadn't finished tallying the scores?

(my day = pool, pint, Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, Pint, Food, Pint, gig, pint, song about polishing the pearl, pint, old man tap-dancing, home, strange angry feeling - but it's ok because I hae another pint and a book, I suppose)