Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

My car passed it's MOT today. Which is a both a relief and surprise. It needs tax at the end of the month and I totally didn't notice that the MOT had ran out (*cough* a while ago...). Normally the car needs 2 MOTs, the first one is just to find out what needs repairing for the second one. Seems it passed first time this year. Win.

What's also surprising is that it seems to have healed itself in the space of a year. Last year it got an advisory on 3 wheel bearings. No mention of it this year. My car has become alive. Shit, it's only a matter of time before it goes all Skynet.

"I'm afraid I can't let you live Luke." *Seatbelts tighten*

My car passed it's MOT today. Which is a both a relief and surprise. It needs tax at the end of the month and I totally didn't notice that the MOT had ran out (*cough* a while ago...). Normally the car needs 2 MOTs, the first one is just to find out what needs repairing for the second one. Seems it passed first time this year. Win.

Hhahah! Same.

*Collapses from how awesome Inglorious Basterds was*

OMG! Lol. I forgot to say earlier. I was asking a security question and my mind was still transfixed on Inglorious Basterds. and I said

And how much are you currently paying into your film....uh... film....no... I mean plan.

The girlfriend came to stay yesterday and left today - was good fun despite the obvious brevity of it all. The highlight of today was most certainly visiting Nandos and acquiring one of their most delightful meal platters. I swear I could go there every single day!

Otherwise it was a bit of a walk around town, looking in shops (more because my sister and my gf wanted to), which surprisingly didn't bother me today. I'm one of those people who just finds browsing the shops for an extended period of time to be utterly mundane. Knowing what you want and just going in and getting it is just so much more efficient! Saying that I suppose you do miss out on the bargains/deals if you only do that.

I also watched The Blues Brothers last night, which I probably haven't seen for at least 12 years (and hence remembered very little of it) and can safely say that it's managed to shoot its way into my favourites list. Pure comic genius.

Great stuff, did my first chart changing duties today, really getting in to the swing of things at HMV. And as a plus I'm not as tired today, and my legs don't ache. Hurrah!

Aside from that, I played 20 minutes more of Shadow Complex (annoyingly - I want to play it moooore) and that's been about it. Next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday should be interesting - 3 12 hour shifts, 8am til 8pm D:

i am good at making conversations awkward... *pats self on back*...:indeed:

in other news... the t-shirts from red bubble have arrived!... at gregs house!... so i get them tomorrow :D... i also bought gilmore girls seasons 1,2,3 from cex... traded in dr who season 2 (which play sent by accident...).. i watched new tricks... big bang theory... pixar short films... ate fish fingers, chips and beans.... a peppered steak burger with sweetcorn and curried sweet potato...spent the day with greg.... its been a hectic day but i love it :D

i also took my dads coat up the town with me by accident... (theyre the same colour!).. and i didnt realise this till i was up the town as it was in the back seat... so i was forced to go up the town in a "i :heart: dexter" t-shirt and a black long cardigan (very thin!).. in the cold and the rain - not fun!!!.. my jeans and shoes got soaked too :(

Have you an amusing example of said making-conversation-awkwardness?

its usually an example of working with people who are very much more dirty minded than i am and in walks me.. "what you talking about..../what does that mean?"

i should really learn to keep my nose/ears out of conversations.. but 2 and ahalf years later im still doin it :P

p.s i work with all girls so stuff can get quite graphic... :indeed:

its usually an example of working with people who are very much more dirty minded than i am and in walks me.. "what you talking about..../what does that mean?"

i should really learn to keep my nose/ears out of conversations.. but 2 and ahalf years later im still doin it :P

p.s i work with all girls so stuff can get quite graphic... :indeed:

Haha, Buttons I love how you're so innocent, it's a very nice (and somewhat cute) quality! You're all the better for it!

Some people's minds have been completely warped...*cough* ReZ *cough*

I know Naaatheeng!

Haha, Buttons I love how you're so innocent, it's a very nice (and somewhat cute) quality! You're all the better for it!

Some people's minds have been completely warped...*cough* ReZ *cough*

I know Naaatheeng!

theres a running joke in work that one of the girls is slowly corrupting me!.. im like an innocent version of her or shes a dirty version of me :P..

gets a bit annoying being on the end of everyones jokes but its the way i fit in :P...

ahh give over - your warped too :P

theres a running joke in work that one of the girls is slowly corrupting me!.. im like an innocent version of her or shes a dirty version of me :P..

gets a bit annoying being on the end of everyones jokes but its the way i fit in :P...

ahh give over - your warped too :P

In what way have I ever given that impression! I am an angel! My lovely nature and witty, yet clean charm make me a most likeable person indeed. Yes. Hmm.

*Desperately hopes someone makes a joke about sex* /giggle

Thats so strange because I've recently found out I'm pretty bad at that to :p :indeed:

*high five*... :yay:

In what way have I ever given that impression! I am an angel! My lovely nature and witty, yet clean charm make me a most likeable person indeed. Yes. Hmm.

*Desperately hopes someone makes a joke about sex* /giggle

haha.. your so.. funny :zzz:

only jokin :P

Stunning, since I got up so early for no reason and was with Chair, with the tension getting more...tense. But once he checked UCAS to see if he got into Oxford, so much relief was present.

Then I got my lovely results I'm so happy with. The Meen-Ahs and the Drivers then went for a chinese buffet lunch, which was great. Then came back here, played stunning heroclix/super smash bros brawl etc. Then Chair and his famille left, and I slept (tired out) for an hour and a half, before going out to see Inglorious Basterds with my friend who alos is too shit to get into the place everyone was going to tonight (we're underage and it checks i.d).

IM FREE! FREE FROM THE CLUTCHES OF THE EVIL ESSO EMPIRE!

So yeah, it was my last night at the petrol station last night. And what a night. Everything was mildly bad, but I didn't really care because it was my last night. Then the shit hit the fan. Both tills froze when I had 3 customers waiting, one of which was half way through filling his car up. So I had to serve 2 customers without using the till for change. One had correct change, the other didn't care about change (it was 60 odd pence). The guy who was filling up had to fill out a "no means of payment" form. Luckily, he was a nice chap and didn't mind being forced to pay at a later date.

I totally handled the tills like a pro though, and had them fixed in 10 minutes. Which is a vast improvement on last time, when it took an hour. And to further show my pro skills, I did the whole night with a cash variance of 0p despite massive till failure. (the variance is the difference between what should be in the till and what is actually in there. At the best of times, people have a couple of pence variance).

I am a retail wizard. I give the place a week without me before it disappears into a pit of failure.

I'm at work and real bored. I cannot wait until the weekend. I can't deal with offices. They make me go insane. I've only been here 5 days as well.

Although, the alternative is not making money and lounging around London losing money, rapidly.

I found out yesterday my job title is 'Junior Designer', which is awesome. Definitely cooler than 'Localisation Tester'. :D

I woke up thinking "Amazing night", but now I'm thinking "I'm so embarassing". That'll teach me for not bothering to eat much during the day. Phonecalls I don't remember, and conversations I'd rather forget. Still, was a really fun night whilst it lasted.