Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Word, basically in error they gave me a pimpin' new monitor.

So let me get this straight... you paid £299.99 for a PC but instead they gave you a £499.99 widescreen monitor? if so then that's a pretty dweet deal. :)

Oh right, well that's still pretty nice. :)

Aye, I paid £229.99 for a base unit and got base unit and monitor. Epicz. :) AND I CAN DO £ SYMBOLS AGAIN! And silent PC! Vista (will upgrade to 7hax) etc. AND NOT DEAD BUGS ON MY SCREEN.

PS Pokeplayers, the new mafia thread is up.

Daddy just bought a PC from PC World, £500 and it came with monitor, keyboard, mouse and printer scanner thingy. I think the chap at PC World got a bit burned by Dad because he went proper up front with telling him to stop trying to sell him stuff:

Dad: I want this and this [Meaning PC and Office]

Woman employee: Ok I'll just get an advisor *She walks away, Dad and I ponder the suggestion of bringing an advisor when we know what we want*

*Chap employee shows up* Hi, I'm George [some bullshit here]

Dad: Hi, I want this and this.

George: Are you part of the [some bullshit scheme] *Dad cuts him off*

Dad: I'm not interested, I want this and this.

George: Can't I finish what I was saying?

Dad: No. I want this and this, I don't want to sign up for anything, I don't want to buy anything extra. I want this. And I want this.

George: ... Alright.

I also made a new 'mon deck with the pr0 Beedrill, and found a promo card which means I have the full 52 first set. However if I wish to make a "modified" deck, I'm gonna have to sort cards from the newer sets and see what I can do with them... I hate it when they outlaw early sets. I understand why, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. Bitches.

Plus the most wank Monday night at work, we even closed early. Most happy.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I beat the Elite Four without even planning to on Diamond today. Yay. Just been running through the first few to train up my Gabite/get money, and had no revives or anything. Fortuitously, Cynthia was shit tonight, and basically begged for me to whip her with my Luxray.

Arrived after...like a 3 week holiday at my girlfriends place down south, sprinkled with returning to my house. but now i have said goodbye to her for 3 weeks while i travel to america, i swear its like ripping out your heart doing that.

Hi

I think PC World, etc. are alright. They get a lot of crap for their sales style but it's not a lot different from other types of sales; it's just possible that we (us forum and internet gang) see through it more than we would others. I wouldn't mind too much someone trying to sell shit stuff, just have a chat about how it's shit. They'll either be quiet or admit you're right and they just have to say that sort of stuff. You may be surprised. If any of you (computer know-hows) worked there, would you honestly say the truth: Hey mate, why are you buying it here, you can get it stupidly cheap from online retailers like eBuyer.

If you really want to take a look at why PC World are a bunch of ass holes then take a look at their repair policies (using second-hand parts) and what they do with your stuff (looking through files).

I think PC World, etc. are alright. They get a lot of crap for their sales style but it's not a lot different from other types of sales; it's just possible that we (us forum and internet gang) see through it more than we would others.

I think I was annoyed with their "pitch" long before I became one of the internet gang.

Found out earlier that my parents are the most lenient people i have ever met.

Basically, my sister moved out about a month ago and they are letting her move back in. That is a problem for me because of the following reason........

She treated them like crap, took them for granted and basically used them for everything they could be used for e.g. money, taxi's and all that. She moves out, treats them like crap with not telling them nothing about where she is living or giving any phone numbers or anything. And then attempts to get back into the good books of them, and it somehow works and she can basically walk right back into a life and household she treated like crap.

I have personally lost respect for the parents and i hate my sister because of the way she treated them, lost respect for the parents because they are too lenient towards her and too tough on me.

Oh well, to cheer me up i have a ECW Deathmatch to watch.