Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

5-a-side time, here's hoping we can record our first win of the season, came close last week but here's hoping it's fourth time lucky. Not too sure how well i'll do though, back's been pretty painful last couple of days.

Just completed my personal statement! :D I'm rather happy with it. Question though. I'm applying for a couple of different courses, so do I have to incorporate both courses into one personal statement? Or do I write another for that respective course?

Woop, same here :D Sent off my UCAS today

And yeh you can only do one personal statement, so try and incorporate elements of both corses into the one. Not easy if you're applying for completely different courses.

Woop, same here :D Sent off my UCAS today

And yeh you can only do one personal statement, so try and incorporate elements of both corses into the one. Not easy if you're applying for completely different courses.

Thanks (And Ashley). I'm applying for Journalism and Psychology, so they're rather different. I have no clue how I'm going to incorporate Psychology into it now.

All this talk of people sending off their UCAS applications has started getting me worried, as of yet i still don't know where i want to go. I want to do Computer Science, and at the moment i've put down Nottingham (Live close by, although i think the city's abit of a dump), Lincoln (Nice place, close, crap in the league tables), Hallam (faily low in the league tables, however close) and Plymouth (Far away, maybe too far) . However based on the Times online Uni rankings, some are fairly crap in the tables (Lincoln especially 99/100, but i like the place alot). *Confused*

All this talk of people sending off their UCAS applications has started getting me worried, as of yet i still don't know where i want to go. I want to do Computer Science, and at the moment i've put down Nottingham (Live close by, although i think the city's abit of a dump), Lincoln (Nice place, close, crap in the league tables), Hallam (faily low in the league tables, however close) and Plymouth (Far away, maybe too far) . However based on the Times online Uni rankings, some are fairly crap in the tables (Lincoln especially 99/100, but i like the place alot). *Confused*

You have until january -- don't panic about it too much as you do have a lot of time. Plus these personal statements aren't really that big a deal, you know. I

You realise that sheffield hallam is where it's at, yeah? ;) fuck the rankings for universities in general; rely on the city you're moving to and how respectable their course is.

MY DAY! played gears of war. Met a mate at a pub, then found out the flat party was cancelled so... now I'm home. Got a few hours before sleep, which means a few hours before essay writing begins! Will either go through gears 2 solo for a bit on casual just for fun, or try my hand at Horde mode, or maybe turn my hand at fable for a while. Who knows. I want Shorty back so I can play co-op, is what :(

Thanks (And Ashley). I'm applying for Journalism and Psychology, so they're rather different. I have no clue how I'm going to incorporate Psychology into it now.

if you apply for psychology, you should do it with somthing, like counseling or crimonlogy. you dont want to end up in my position, unqualifed for any work and having to apply to shops for a shitty job just so you can get away from the dole.

as for my day, housework for an age followed by fallout 3. was fun.

if you apply for psychology, you should do it with somthing, like counseling or crimonlogy. you dont want to end up in my position, unqualifed for any work and having to apply to shops for a shitty job just so you can get away from the dole.

as for my day, housework for an age followed by fallout 3. was fun.

So you did Psychology too, and haven't been able to get a job with it?

So you did Psychology too, and haven't been able to get a job with it?

i havent. in fairness, i did get a 2.2 (fucked up one essay and im paying for it forever) but the real problem is that there no real jobs just based on psychology, save maybe research. a few jobs are available on the NHS, but its v comeptative and you need experience for everything.

by having something with psychology it gives you a more clear path, as well as leaving all the same dorrs open that i have how.

I'm pretty pissed off at the moment, and feel like I can't do anything right. Really not enjoying my placement all that much, and life in general is far too up and down. On top of that, it's hard when you don't feel appreciated, when you're trying to help in some way, or you're trying to make somebody feel better.

So, although my mood had brightened up over the weekend, I'm just more or less back when I started. Which is awesome.

i havent. in fairness, i did get a 2.2 (fucked up one essay and im paying for it forever) but the real problem is that there no real jobs just based on psychology, save maybe research. a few jobs are available on the NHS, but its v comeptative and you need experience for everything.

by having something with psychology it gives you a more clear path, as well as leaving all the same dorrs open that i have how.

Dude, it's exactly the same with media, I've gotten either refusals or no replies from radio stations. I think I'll start applying to newpapers or something. My reviews may help me. As my degree alone seems to be worth fuck all. I've been using my job at the pub [wank hours they give me (about 15-19 a week)] for the monies and to keep me occupied. Plus the possible rejoin of Sainsbury's also mainly for the monies and to pass the time. It's all good trying to get a job relevant to one's degree, but if you're not doing in the meantime it's bullshit. Plus I had my mum whining at me to sign on the dole, which I did until I got a job at the pub [before they started fucking me over on the hours]

I come from Lincoln and have a couple of mates who go to the Uni. They really like it. It really depends what you want to do their though. For Computing I wouldn't recommend it at all.