Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Are you really like this?

Supergrunch

I wonder this sometimes...

When you talk to people on forums, do you use a persona, or do you act as you would in real life? Of course, a persona doesn't have to be clearly thought out- to a degree, I think people's personality alters a little whatever sitution they're in.

As far as I know, I am as much like myself here as I am anywhere else. However, I suppose I'm a little more extroverted.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is a place where you can express your opinions about stuff... I always post my honest opinions of things so I guess I don't use a persona. I always type what I'd say in real life, I think.

I do agree that a person's personality does change a bit depending on who they're with/talking to or the situation, like you might tell your best friend your honest opinion, but with a new friend you probably wouldn't be very outspoken with them until you get to know them better.

Guest Stefkov

I'm an introvert in real life.

I don't talk much but if I get started then I can chat about something I like for a while.

You can't get sarcasm and such on forums so it's hard being the real me.

I find I'm totally different on the computer than in real life.

Well, mostly, I guess I'm kinda the same with people who also spend retarded times on the net. Seeing as they'll more than liekly 'get' wtf I'm on about.

I'm funnier in real life. Seriously.

I like to think i am too. Sarcasm just doesn't come well with text, which is what the majority of my jokes use.

I think I'm quite real on here, but I really don't know. As you said in the original post, people change all the time depending on the situation.

Well i dabble in a bit of wtf's and ROFL's etc online - and I know if I said that irl that i would look like an absolute tool!

But I type pretty much how i speak and I do speak a fair bit irl. I'm an actor so if I was an introvert I'd be useless.

I hope I come across as real online because I certainly don't try to be anything that I'm not.

I'm really English. I come from Basingstoke.....

Not!

I dunno, I think I am, but you guys might not see me as I think I see myself. I reckon not all of me comes across, but that's just due to the fact this is text on a page and somethings(like some of my poor humour) doesn't always work in such a situation. I think though, if anything, I might be a little more bare-all on here than IRL, it's a nice place to just get stuff off your chest, throw it out there sort of thing.

I'd say I'm 98% the same on here as IRL.

I'm a lot more extroverted online because you can hide behind a screenname and aren't talking to people in person (though I have to say I've been improving on this in real life). So I'm more open and say a lot of things; some of which would probably be best kept for myself, but oh well.

I think I'm also more honest online, cause again you're not talking to the person for real (so they can't hit you) and it's easier to be honest about certain things then whereas I wouldn't say stuff like that in real life.

Apart from that though, not sure. I don't think I'm that much different. =O

Oh wait, smileys.... Yeah I don't always use those in real life. Really. ='3

I speak more profoundly in text form than in real life. See, I never would have said 'profoundly' in a conversation. I don't even know what it means.

But yeah, my online persona is a more educated sensible person than the real me.

The posts where I type HEY M8s MOLETIMEOLOLOL is how I speak in real life.

I'm pretty much exactly the same. Except slightly more abusive :heh:. Nah, not really. I think I'm probably nicer in real life than I can appear to be on here sometimes, although thats probably cause I don't tend to hang around or talk to people that annoy me in real life...there are a lot of people that annoy me on here o_0...:heh:

In real life, I'm shy and only talk to people i have known for a while. I'm quite akward to talk to if you meet me for the first time, as i won't say much and then blurt out something pointless and random (some people think i'm weird). Id hope to think i still am myself on here and i definately don't put on a show or try and create a new persona. Once you get to know me i can talk for ages about anything. :D

I'm an introvert in real life.

I don't talk much but if I get started then I can chat about something I like for a while.

You can't get sarcasm and such on forums so it's hard being the real me.

I'm exactly the same with people I don't really know. When I'm with my friends I generally don't shut up and I'm pretty sarky!

When I'm on here I banter like I'm with frends.:heh:

I know I'm slightly different, in real life I usually am a lot more sarcastic and unless I know who I'm with I'm a lot more talkative, if I don't know the people I'm with I usually stay a lil more quiet, but I usually put a joke in or two and then chat away like there no tomorrow :D

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!