• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Natalie Bassingthwaighte quits the Rogue Traders

The Wollongong woman has quit the group to focus on her solo career, leaving behind her drummer boyfriend Cameron McGlinchey, guitarist Danny Spencer and songwriter James Ash to go it alone.

In depth: Nat Bass

0,,6109779,00.jpg

Already a hit on TV, the former Neighbours star and So You Think You Can Dance host will juggle recordings for her first solo album with the second series of Dance later this year. In hot demand, the pint-sized singer's schedule had to give.

"As Nat's career choices are taking her in new and exciting directions, she won't be able to be a part of the Rogue Traders," Ash told music writer Cameron Adams.

Sony BMG sources denied any acrimony, with Ash saying the split was done "with a deep love and respect." Teaming up with the tiny actor and dancer, the electro pop boys enjoyed immediate chart success with their 2005 collaboration Voodoo Child - keeping Bassingthwaighte's identity a secret, lest her soap stardom ruined their street cred.

When all was revealed, her sexy profile helped rather than hindered their popularity.

Balls! I love the Rogue Traders, their newest album "Better In The Dark" is one of the best albums I own. I love it to bits, so the news is a bit of a dissapointment.

Natalie Bassingthwaighte quits the Rogue Traders

Balls! I love the Rogue Traders, their newest album "Better In The Dark" is one of the best albums I own. I love it to bits, so the news is a bit of a dissapointment.

I need to hear the second one at some point.

She better not do a Gwen Stefani and become worse. Although, Gwen's first album was better as a whole than No Doubt's last one. Meh.

-----

Why are Sonic Youth so damn good?!

Because shes a sexy beast thats why.

Really hope im thinking of the same person

Are you thinking of her? :)

2503278593_36d535192e_o.jpg

I also love this picture for some reason! really vibrant.

2490120637_b316ecd6be_o.jpg

Not sure why I like them so much. :D I listened to more of the album again today and I feel the weakest song on there is traffic Lights it just doesn't grab me. Though I have grown to love Impacilla Carpisung. :grin:

White's teeth are just a bit too big...she almost had those "big but beautiful" teeth, but unfortunately has ended up in donkey territory slightly.

Plus the album is a bit bollocks. Shut Up And Let Me Go has been stuck in my head all day though.

Try his first album, it was better. : peace:

Good to see you listened to it =]

But yeh his first is better, he did take a small trip downwards

BACK TO FUCK BUTTONS AYARRRRR

Oxford bastards, making music too good, bloody hell

Bard-y boy watch me ROLL

watch me shino watch me ROLL!

watch me crank gm-ac stuff

now PAJ-MEEN-AH DAT HOOE!

Now watch me DANTE!

Now watch me DANTE!

Now watch me DANTE!

now wathc me pag meen ha dat HOE!

GUess the tune!

ROF.

I didn't laugh, just rolled on the floor.

----

Planet Telex roxxors.