N-Europe

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Scorp

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If MK releases in March with online play, that means Wii's online service kicks off this March. Nintendo did say they got some important things to announce in January. So IF it comes this March, we gotta hear about it pretty soon.

Still, I'm doubting about the credibility of this report. It just seems too soon of the service to be launched. I have a feeling it'll be very wonky if it does. But launching with Mario Strikers and Batalion Wars 2 (was it supposed to be online then?), along with a few 3rd party releases should make for a very decent start!

The Japanese already have an online service with Pokémon, so the infastructure must be there and i doubt it'll have many wobbly moments. NIntendo will probably treat the online aspect as a 'second launch', with another round of advertising - especially if high profile titles launch with online functions.

And yup, BWii is online. REad it and weep: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/727/727452p1.html

Still, I'm doubting about the credibility of this report. It just seems too soon of the service to be launched. I have a feeling it'll be very wonky if it does.

From Cubed3

Some interesting rumours has hit the Interweb suggesting that Midway's Wii version of Mortal Kombat Armageddon will go online, along with the release date for the game in Europe.

According to Next Gen Ireland, the Wii installment of Mortal Kombat will be "the first title to utilize Nintendos Online System and the first fully fledged fighter to be released on Wii in the Pal territory." Midway hasn't confirmed the online features in the Wii version.

The crazed collection of mortals, beasts and cyborgs return to Nintendo in Midways latest iteration of the classic fighting franchise and are due to hit the system on Friday 15th March 2007.

Update: According to Next Gen Ireland, MK for Wii will indeed have online features but will require Nintendo to activate the service.

Stay tuned for updates..

Looks like it could be true then.

Its no big loss for me (since I was never going to purchase this anyway), but its worrying that the development team were unable include online options due to the online components 'not being ready'...

On the positive side, it tells that Pokemon Battle Revolution's fucked up online mode should be special case, not the norm.

Could Nintendo not have finished the online mode a long time ago? I like to think so.

I'm guessing that after all the launch etc...that was enough for them, so they decided to take their time getting online servers up and running, guess this is why Pokemon needed a unique friend code, as they were using the DS servers or a version of them. rather than dedicated wii servers....

guess it's maybe lazy on their part they could have had it all up running by launch I'm sure...