N-Europe

General Chit Chat

This is the place to chat about anything!

13157 topics in this forum

1. Consciousness

• 8 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 31 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 67 replies
    • 4.7k views
  2. Foreign/World Cinema

• 9 replies
    • 1k views
  3. Bloggedy Blog

• 17 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. What makes you happy? 1 2

• 47 replies
    • 3.4k views
    • 55 replies
    • 4.9k views
    • 46 replies
    • 4.1k views
    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 41 replies
    • 3.4k views
  5. Vexed

• 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 10 replies
  6. How much do you think? 1 2 3 4

• 76 replies
    • 4.9k views
    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 26 replies
    • 2.3k views
    • 391 replies
    • 24.4k views
  7. Apple September Media Event. 1 2 3

• 51 replies
    • 3.9k views
  8. Skyline - Movie

• 13 replies
    • 1.7k views
  9. Dual screen software

• 3 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 2.1k views
  10. Festivals 2010! 1 2 3 4 5

• 104 replies
    • 7.2k views
  11. Florida Holidays 1 2

• 26 replies
    • 1.8k views
  12. Sleep Eating

• 9 replies
  13. Worst Stores to Shop In? 1 2

• 41 replies
    • 3.9k views
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • Not much left to do for the Platinum, I think. Only a few Arcanas if I understand correctly that these are needed for Collection 1.0. And then it's the victory lap with Queen Sigma  
    • Huh, did someone post in this thread? The latest post I can see is the one I posted with the Mr Bean middle finger GIF...
    • COME ON Can't remember a week going by this slowly. Which is both great because usually time passes way too fast now that I'm almost 100 years old, but also bad because I wanna play Astro Bot. And yes, you will get more gifs in here over the next couple of days. Deal with it or put me on the ignore list if you haven't already. See if I care. I will care
    • Dragon Sword (Prototype)   JP release: N/A NA release: N/A PAL release: N/A Developer: Interactive Studios Publisher: MGM Interactive N64 Magazine Score: N/A Dragon Sword is a cancelled beat-em-up style that translates the gameplay of Golden Axe and Streets of Rage into 3D. It was in development by Interactive Studios, but ended up getting cancelled when MGM Interactive decided that it likely wouldn’t sell enough copies to turn a profit. The prototype has a good portion of the game available, although the final three levels are just basic arenas with a few enemies, so I think they may be from a different mode. The few levels before these can’t be accessed, so I think those are the actual final levels. After selecting one of four characters (although the lizard chicken looking character just spawns you as a basic enemy), you punch and kick your way though hordes of enemies. It doesn’t to anything new for the genre, but it’s a much, much better adaptation than Fighting Force. There are lots of weapons dotted across the map, so you’ll find yourself using those for large periods of the game. One interesting feature of the prototype is that you can load the game playing as any enemy or NPC, and for the most part they work fine – if they added special attacks to the enemies (and perhaps basic attacks for the NPCs), these would have been great as unlockable characters. Interestingly, the placeholder icon for many is Darth Maul. This would have been a decent beat-’em-up game, especially when played in co-op. Fun Should it be finished? One of the developers said “Dragon Sword was a great game at the time, but it was a third person battling game. There would be no point bringing that back as it would just look aged.” and I think they have a good point.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1.9m