NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

I haven't received a letter yet either and I'm also not sure how many Wii's the local GAME store is getting. I do know that I'm about 32nd in the reserve list though

same here, but im numero uno!

Ahhh i just had a nice chat with a guy over at Gameplay on there live chat and he said that mine was one of the first orders taken!

I knew i got in there fast! so i should be ok for launch!!! oh yeah!

Oh and that guy was Pyxis (real name Luke) from this very forum... and what a very nice guy he is!

I have not received a letter from game even thou I was third to pre order the Wii, I will check with Platty later to see if he got a letter about it as he was fourth on the pre order list, If I don't get a letter by the start of next week I will go to game and see if I will be getting a Wii, also still gotta find out if they are opening at mid night, Also HMV are still selling games at £32.99.

What about people who ordered online, has anyone gotten anything confirming whether they are getting one? I ordered on the 27th of September so I'll be fairly annoyed if I don't get one.

I'll be even more annoyed if my game pre-orders from play.com arrive on launch and my console doesn't. Damn that would be annoying.

Anyone know how HMV's preordering number system works?

I ordered pretty early but the 'order no' they've given me is quite a large one (in the 100,000) so I'm pretty sure that's not how far I am in the queue!..

Anyone know how HMV's preordering number system works?

I ordered pretty early but the 'order no' they've given me is quite a large one (in the 100,000) so I'm pretty sure that's not how far I am in the queue!..

No idea mate.

I too preordered from HMV and am already regretting it. They just seem incredibly discorganised with this Wii launch. They happily takes my £30 but cannot (even at this stage) confirm how many wii have been allocated to the store at launch and cannot even confirm my place. I ordered early and the best they say is that I "should be okay".

Okay - a slight update on the HMV Oxford St pre order situation.

If you preordered there CALL THEM NOW.

They are ONLY getting 155 wiis in for launch. They have had more preorders than this amount and are telling customers, while they will definately get a wii, they may not get it on launch day.

I am waiting for a callback from someone to verify where I am in this queue.

Okay - they called back.

Im f**king 60th in the queue.

60TH!! and I pre ordered really early.

They now retract the 155 wii statement and say they do not know how many they are getting at launch at all. I questioned this, saying that many other UK retailers have already recieved their allocations and that being a massive retailer, I was shocked that HMV had not been contacted by Nintendo. They apologised and reiterated that my Wii is not guaranteed for launch day.

What a bunch of clowns. Im going to Toys R Us tonight and pre-ordering there as a backup.

This is going to be like xbox 360 all over again.

I don't recall this problem over the Cube, however I did buy it online. Was this shortage issue the same back then?

Okay - a slight update on the HMV Oxford St pre order situation.

If you preordered there CALL THEM NOW.

They are ONLY getting 155 wiis in for launch. They have had more preorders than this amount and are telling customers, while they will definately get a wii, they may not get it on launch day.

I am waiting for a callback from someone to verify where I am in this queue.

Okay - they called back.

Im f**king 60th in the queue.

60TH!! and I pre ordered really early.

They now retract the 155 wii statement and say they do not know how many they are getting at launch at all. I questioned this, saying that many other UK retailers have already recieved their allocations and that being a massive retailer, I was shocked that HMV had not been contacted by Nintendo. They apologised and reiterated that my Wii is not guaranteed for launch day.

What a bunch of clowns. Im going to Toys R Us tonight and pre-ordering there as a backup.

This is going to be like xbox 360 all over again.

Right as a HMV employee I feel the need to defend them. But only to a point.

It is indeed true that they do not how many each store is getting, but they do know how many the company as a whole is getting (a figure I don't even know despite working in the games department in my store) they will close to dispatch time decide how many each store will get, based on total number preordered and what games sales are like in that store.

Also the reason you can't be told your place in a list is because thats not how the preordering system on the computer works. without going through everything single preorder and recording the date and order number and then putting them in some kind of order. but if you were 1st person to order one in your branch it will be allocated to you first when the consoles come to be processed in store thats how the computer works, it will print out the track stickers (stickers with the barcode on) with customers names on them in the order they preordered.

Now I know this seems strange, but this is how they work out all thier preorders for everything, and is thier business model and as a non games retailer I'm guessing they don't see anyway to chance their business model for this.

I do agree this is an odd way to do things, but I used to work in WHSmith and when the gamecube came out the night before we still didnt know how many we were gonna get in, turned out it was 10, 5 of each colour, we literally just left it and waited for the people who had preordered them and gave them out first come first served.

I mean I work at HMV and don't even know for sure if I'm gonna get one, which is pretty annoying....

I don't recall this problem over the Cube, however I did buy it online. Was this shortage issue the same back then?

Me neither, I don't think it was an issue though, I remember seeing loads of them in shops and things.

Ahhh i just had a nice chat with a guy over at Gameplay on there live chat and he said that mine was one of the first orders taken!

I knew i got in there fast! so i should be ok for launch!!! oh yeah!

Oh and that guy was Pyxis (real name Luke) from this very forum... and what a very nice guy he is!

That thing of Gameplays is so good, it really helps with what you want. Not haveing to faff around with the phone, yet not having slow e-mails replys and such.

Just reminding everyone of the 15% HMV discount that expires tonight!

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=272167#post272167

You can pre-order Wii games for £28.04,

Bargain!

Canne get it to work.

I'm not from Newcastle or very intelligent.

Also, i called my local GAME and asked about stock allocation and my pre-order. The completely clueless employee informed that they did not know numbers and that I'm guaranteed a Wii on Launch. Pretty contradictory, eh?

He did say that they no longer take pre-orders though which is slightly more reassuring.

Maybe I'll get my deposit back and order it from hmv.co.uk, saving a sweet £16.

Game Mania in Genk (Belgium) is guessing they're getting about thirty Wii's at launch, wich is the number they heard 'floating around' - wich will cover my pre-order. Yes!

I got a letter aswell from my local GAME saying I was getting one at launch.So even if I don't get my Pre-order at Gamestation I will definently get one on launch.

seriously...amazon.

Amazon are doing the right thing though, when they open up their preorders they will know how many they are getting and will stop preorders once there allocation is full.

Therefore if you preorder from Amazon.co.uk and your preorder is successful and goes through, it should mean your definately getting one.

I think.....;)

So I have just decided that I do indeed want a Wii, but I seem to have come a bit too late, with all the hype and preording malarky. So my question to you is, where should I pre-order it and have a realistic chance of getting it on launch?

I know Amazon have yet to start taking preorders but due to the popularity of the place and the product, I am in no doubt that the alottment of Wii's will be gone in an instant.

..yeh.. I went to preorder in GAME on Saturday and they're not taking any more pre-orders.. didn;t seem to know how many they're gonna get so I was told to come in as soon as the store opens on launch day in the hope that they have any extra for sale..

So I have just decided that I do indeed want a Wii, but I seem to have come a bit too late, with all the hype and preording malarky. So my question to you is, where should I pre-order it and have a realistic chance of getting it on launch?

I know Amazon have yet to start taking preorders but due to the popularity of the place and the product, I am in no doubt that the alottment of Wii's will be gone in an instant.

Only just eh Laguna?

I've preordered mine from Gameplay, but it might be a bit late to preorder there.This chould help:

http://www.wiipreorder.co.uk/

Try places that people wouldn't initially think of, like retail park shops, like Argos Superstores, Comet, Toys R Us.

If I fail at gamestation on release day, I'm running to my local retail park. This theory worked for my cousin with PSTwo.

There are plenty of pre-orders left

Argos is the best bet. Especially ring and reserve instore when that starts. amazon.co.uk, tesco ftw, asda, whsmith(?)...

These are the places I stocked up on ds in the nintendogs shortage (let the hate begin) then made a bucket load on ebay.

You can order right now from PCWorld and Argos online. they are big and ugly enough to be pretty sure of getting your wii on launch