NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

So I can't really afford a Wii. I went to cancel my order at GAME and the guy behind the counter replied with "Why? It looks really cool!" I explained that I didn't want to cancel my order. Though in the end he convinced me to keep my order (plus I couldn't find my order slip), I don't regret it tbh. Though this just goes to show how miuch some GAME employees are supporting the Wii.

Oh, and I'm so serious about getting a Wii that I'm going to trade in 12 (4 Xbox, 6 Gamecube, 2 360) games for it. Anyone know how much that would give me?

It may have something to do with the fact that they make money of the console and hence pays his wage. I think your complementing game a bit too much :grin:, all they want to do is make money

Did they know their stock allocation?

Yeah, the guy said they were only allocated 7 units for the launch day, with another five coming in the few days after that. They only just started taking pre orders on Monday since they said that was when they got their allocation info.

But you've gotta remember this is a small independent store, not a big massive one.

Anyone know when Amazon will start pre orders? If not where is the best place to put a pre order, preferably a place where I don't have to pay until it's despatched. It needs to be an online retailer aswell.

Ok I have pre-ordered a Wii while ago but have now been told that the shop will get 1 machine on launch date.

There seems to be wild rumours that Nintendo Wii is delayed in UK????

The rumours a long the lines that the Nintendo Wii has proved so popular in the USA that the european machines are being repowered, reboxed and redirected to fulfil WallMart Pre-orders???

Rumours that Play.com is getting a total of 15 Wii???

So is this just wild internet rumours or do people think it is true?

We have seen it all happen before with consoles?

Will we need to spend several hundred pounds on e-bay just to get one for christmas???

I thought this would be a good place to ask what is really happening.

Anyone heard different?

Ok I have pre-ordered a Wii while ago but have now been told that the shop will get 1 machine on launch date.

There seems to be wild rumours that Nintendo Wii is delayed in UK????

The rumours a long the lines that the Nintendo Wii has proved so popular in the USA that the european machines are being repowered, reboxed and redirected to fulfil WallMart Pre-orders???

Rumours that Play.com is getting a total of 15 Wii???

So is this just wild internet rumours or do people think it is true?

We have seen it all happen before with consoles?

Will we need to spend several hundred pounds on e-bay just to get one for christmas???

I thought this would be a good place to ask what is really happening.

Anyone heard different?

Dont believe a word of it mate... someones pulling your leg!

Well to be honest the guy in my local Gamestation says they've had around 70 orders and they are confident they can fill every pre-order. So whoever said places are going to have 15 or less consoles, talks shite.

My local GAME say they are confident they will fill "the majority" of their preorders which number around 90 something.

Nintendo have more than enough units to satisfy demand on both sides of the atlantic.

From the sounds of it the Wii is going to be a great launch success. I'm fairly confident I'll get one, and really hope Game do a midnight launch.

Don't believe anything untill it comes out Nintendos mouth.You'll get yourself worked up over nothing :heh:

How do we know what stores are gona have a midnight launch? I went to the midnight GC launch but can't remember how I found out about it.

How do we know what stores are gona have a midnight launch? I went to the midnight GC launch but can't remember how I found out about it.

I basically bug the store I ordered at to have one.

Ask the store,that's how I found out.

GameDailt (biz.gamedaily.com) has published a Nintendo statement that they probably won't meet the demand because it's so overwhelming. Retailers have being telling Nintendo they need more units. Factories are running overtime, apparently. Looking good!

GameDailt (biz.gamedaily.com) has published a Nintendo statement that they probably won't meet the demand because it's so overwhelming. Retailers have being telling Nintendo they need more units. Factories are running overtime, apparently. Looking good!

That's what I wanna hear (unless I don't get one).Pre-orders have been better than I thought.I can't wait to see how much they sell when it's released >.<

Confirmed the midnight launch at my local Gamestation. Now all I have to do is place a holiday form and get the night off.

I'm assuming my local Gamestation will be doing a midnight launch. They did for the DS, after all.

Gonna go this Sunday and ask the GAME im getting it from if theyre doing a midnight launch. If so I might have that day off.

Hope they do. It would be awesome.

My boss at work made up the December rota and I'm not down for working the midnight launch :(

I was really looking forward to it too...

Well seeing as I'm in Swansea I don't think a midnight launch is as likely as it is in the bigger cities so I've got a petition going (god i'm so sad), lol, I figured if i can get bout 20 or so signatures and show it to the manager they might consider it. So yeah, I don't think there is anyone on here, but if you know of anyone in Swansea who has pre ordered from GAME in the Quadrant Centre in Swansea please show them this! http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Game_Sansea_Wii_Launch

Of course I could ask and they could already be planning one so its all good :D lol

I've never heard of midnight launches being done here, so I'm not counting on it. Now I'm just wondering what to do though, since I probably won't get to buy my Wii till after school... unless I skip classes.

I also didn't get any confirmation for my pre-order. No little piece of paper, no email, no nothing (didn't have to pay anything yet either). So I really hope they are actually gonna keep one for me, or else I'm gonna be angry. =O

Where did you pre-order one from?

Most places ask for a deposit or you should atleast get a reciept for proof.

Wonder if Game Station knows their allocations now then.I must find out.

Let me know if you find out please.

My boss at work made up the December rota and I'm not down for working the midnight launch :(

I was really looking forward to it too...

Couldn't you ask to do that shift or swap with someone? I'm sure there will be someone who doesn't want to have to work at midnight...