NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

hmv.co.uk have confirmed to me that i'm in for launch. Ordered 18/09/2006

(i asked them directly)

How, phone or email?

Thats it! If amazon arn't taking pre-orders by friday im going to pre-order from a small independent store in my town.

I got an email from Play today saying I wouldn't get a Wii on launch. Wankers. Any recommendations on where to go now?

When did you pre-order?

I got an email confirming my order, and that if I didn't want it please cancel.

so I guess a few people have the same problem.

15/09/2006 was the day I ordered mine

"Dear Customer,

We can confirm, despite a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii consoles, that

Play.com should be able to supply your pre-ordered Nintendo Wii at launch.

If you no longer wish to keep your pre-order with Play.com please login to your

account and remove the item from your Outstanding Orders.

Kind Regards

PLAY.COM"

I dunno about elsewhere but it looks like here in Glasgow that Virgin have only just started taking their pre-orders for the Wii, £30 deposit

and as far as I remember they had some of the better deals on when the Cube came out (although their recent 360 and DS deals aint been too good)

I dunno about elsewhere but it looks like here in Glasgow that Virgin have only just started taking their pre-orders for the Wii, £30 deposit

and as far as I remember they had some of the better deals on when the Cube came out (although their recent 360 and DS deals aint been too good)

The virgin in sauchiehall street?

Just to let people know, that if you haven't pre-ordered then Virgin is definetly the place to go on launch day.

I don't work there anymore, but my mate has told me that they weren't actually doing pre-orders. But then again, I spoke to him a few weeks back.

Like with the PSP launch and 360, they will def have extra left over on that day. I've not bothered to pre-order because of this really.

Ewww, avoid Virgin like the plague!!! I got my Cube pre-ordered from there, spcifically asking for a Black one. I turn up on the day and they tried to fob a Purple one on me. In the end I went to WHSmiths and got a black one rather easily!!

I don't work there anymore, but my mate has told me that they weren't actually doing pre-orders. But then again, I spoke to him a few weeks back.

went into my local virgin yesterday, they have a wii countdown counter, and a display board where im guessing wii will go in the store, with huge writing saying preorder now!!!! so looks have indeed started now.

I hope gameplay send the emails soon...after the play.com fiasco, it has me worried

I hope gameplay send the emails soon...after the play.com fiasco, it has me worried

Same here, i have to admit.

Those of you still wanting to pre-order and live around the Coventry area, the Virgin Megastore in town are still guaranteeing orders on release day, apparantly they haven't had many pre-orders yet so your chances are high. It's a 30 quid deposit so that's probably discouraging all the chavs from ordering for a laugh.

As per thread title. Just what the hell is going on? It is less than a month from launch, and no launch events have been confirmed (Im talking BIG retailers, not indie stores).

how do i find out if i am gaurenteed a consol on launch day from game? i have pre-ordered but i think the address on my game card is wrong. do i just go in and ask?

Grrr, I dunno what to do now. Do I wait and ask my mate if his small games chain will be getting them in and pre-order that way, do I pre-order at Argos of HMV knowing that those type of companies could well say "Sorry, we'll deliver some time next year, we'll keep your money tho"...

Gahhh.

I just phoned GAME and they told me that they dont have any details but if i paid a deposit then i will definitely be getting one. Apparently they have stopped taking deposits now.

Im 4th on the list so damn right i should be getting one :)

OK, panicked and ordered from Argos, Wii, Monkey Ball, Red Steel, and Wii Play.

Now everyone cross their fingers and do the lucky goblin dance for me please.

I emailed gameplay, and they simply gave me the "we don't know yet message". The anxiety is killing me.

im gonna preorder one at virgin next time im in town just incase work dont get many and i dont get one, (didnt preorder it till late on, cos of the days i worked, was 32nd with 50 preordered) do virgin take deposits?

...Going into a store as store as soon as they start preorders!

Thats all I did, walked into game, slapped a 20 on the counter, walked out happy and got my confirmation through the post on Monday, no fretting or anything!

...Going into a store as store as soon as they start preorders!

Thats all I did, walked into game, slapped a 20 on the counter, walked out happy and got my confirmation through the post on Monday, no fretting or anything!

yeah he is right, i wish id preordered from day one at game retailer, rather than work (HMV) wheres theres all likely ness that they will get fewer.

hmm...ah well im sure whsmith and the like will have plenty.

Yep, same, got my confirmation through the other day.

Went into GAME yesterday and they said they can take pre-orders for games (you get double points),

and that they will have bundles, but they won't know what bundles and what games will be offered in them until around one week before launch.

Hopefully they'll just do a Twilight Princess bundle, cause i've ordered my other games using the HMV 15% discount code and have got £56 credit at Gamestation, perfect for Wii Play and a second Nunchuck!