NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

On topic, though, my local Game Mania store got 49 preorders (but actually, a total of 109 people pre-ordered the system at the store, of wich the remaining 60 have not paid for their pre-order and therefor can only go and buy it one day one. Didn't really catch how it works, though), wich is pretty good for such a small store. I'm thirteenth on the list and the counterboys (Danny and Wouter) told me the chances were high they could fill my pre-order. But they're not quite sure they can fill half of them on launch day. It's looking positif. Now perhaps it's time I shut up, I'm way past my 200 character limit, wich, only exists in my mind.

Maybe it's a good thing I didn't pre-order at Game Mania then... But on the other hand, at least then I would've gotten a confirmation of some sorts. I'm getting nervous about this stuff, cause chances are that I will end up with no Wii at all, if MediaMarkt messes up. =/

MediaMarkt seems large and reliable, but I would never pre-order there. They're not really dedicated to the product, wich may be a problem. I never realy liked the gigantic, anonymous stores. But I'm hoping you're gettin g one too.

MediaMarkt seems large and reliable, but I would never pre-order there. They're not really dedicated to the product, wich may be a problem. I never realy liked the gigantic, anonymous stores. But I'm hoping you're gettin g one too.

Well they have a big gaming section in the store, so I guess in a way they -are- kinda dedicated to it. But it's not their main focus of course. I just went there cause I can't really get to Game Mania... plus MediaMarkt is cheaper. But man, I'm gonna cry or something if I don't get my Wii on launch day. =O

Crap, my usual online store finally announced prices for the games, but at the same second sold through their Wiis :hmm:

Crap, my usual online store finally announced prices for the games, but at the same second sold through their Wiis :hmm:

Wow that was pretty fast,what site was it?

It was dimplus.nl, they're usually pretty good but I suppose they're either careful with their stock are they've not been given enough Wiis. Any Dutchies around here have a decent place for preordering?

Well they have a big gaming section in the store, so I guess in a way they -are- kinda dedicated to it. But it's not their main focus of course. I just went there cause I can't really get to Game Mania... plus MediaMarkt is cheaper. But man, I'm gonna cry or something if I don't get my Wii on launch day. =O

Wii creating sadness :-( Hope all you people get one. Hell I hope I get one. Can't wait for the online stuff to come out, Mario Kart on Wii *dreams* :D

The Wii will be such a hit at parties if Nintendo market it properly. Singstar and Eyetoy have sold shitloads of PS2's, Wii Sports and Wario Ware can do the same if people know about it. These things might not be 'cool' but this isn't the market Nintendo is trying to reach with them. My mom was well excited by Wii when I told her about it, so tell fecking everyone about it! No one in my family ever cares about games so Wii might really be fecking amazing.

Has anybody noticed that Play.com has increased the price of all of its Wii games to £37.99? I wonder why... Wii play is now £34.99 on Gameplay aswell.

£37.99 is still far too high, as that is the price of Gears of War on the Xbox 360. £37.99 will be the new standard for 360 games soon.

I think that retailers dont want Wii games to be cheap. They want to squeeze as many £'s out of each game sold as possible. Christmas is going to be pure greed for a lot of retailers.

Never noticed Wii Play was 34.99 now.

Stocka mentioned that Play put their prices back up yesterday.

Has anybody noticed that Play.com has increased the price of all of its Wii games to £37.99? I wonder why... Wii play is now £34.99 on Gameplay aswell.

£37.99 is still far too high, as that is the price of Gears of War on the Xbox 360. £37.99 will be the new standard for 360 games soon.

I think that retailers dont want Wii games to be cheap. They want to squeeze as many £'s out of each game sold as possible. Christmas is going to be pure greed for a lot of retailers.

The thing is, they can put the prices up because they know people are going to buy them no matter what price they are...

I just went into the GameStation where I preordered my Wii in September, and it turns out that they are having a midnight launch, which I'll definitely be going to. I also preordered Zelda, Wii Play and a nunchuk while I was there today, too.

The manager still didn't know about his stock allocation, though - he told me he wouldn't find it out until a week or less before the launch. At 8th on the list, though, I'm pretty confident about getting one.

I probably should of pre-ordered the games I wanted when I was at GameStation yesterday.Does anyone know if you can phone them to add games to your pre-order?

I don't think you need to bother preordering games tbh. You know there will be at least one Zelda for every Wii, if not more.

I still havn't preordered yet, but where do you think I should preorder from?

Also should I preorder online or through a shop?

I've just pre-ordered my Wii from gameplay! I ordered:

-wii console + wii sports

-Zelda

-2 extra wiimotes

-2 extra nunchuks

-an RGB cable

which comes to around £330. It better arrive at launch!

I've just pre-ordered my Wii from gameplay! I ordered:

-wii console + wii sports

-Zelda

-2 extra wiimotes

-2 extra nunchuks

-an RGB cable

which comes to around £330. It better arrive at launch!

Gameplay have taken thousands of preorders already, I think you'll be lucky to get one from them this late on...

Is anyone going to cosplay on launch night?

100's and 1000's.... geez im 5th, mind you only got a wii preorder, hope they have extra remotes, nunchucks, cables and points let alone zelda :blank:

Cause I asked what number in preorders they had. They said four. I just assumed when i preordered there and then that I was fifthlolz :kiss:

Gameplay have taken thousands of preorders already, I think you'll be lucky to get one from them this late on...

Is anyone going to cosplay on launch night?

How do you know that that many have been taken already?

Gamestation are taking Game and other hardware (nunchucks, controllers etc..) end of November. I reckon about 1 week before launch.

Zelda is selling out in preorders alone in USA. Wonder if that will happen here. Gameplay told me on the 26/09 that Zelda Wii is EXTREMELY popular...so i wonder how many they have preordered now, go Zelda!

Around a month to go till launch! :bouncy: