N-Europe

Classic Cartoons

Eddage

I got the idea for this thread after having a conversation with a friend of mine about how good cartoons used to be compared to todays rubbish (with the excpetion of Fairly Odd Parents that is).

Anyway this is a place to discuss all the shows you used to love watching, and I can remember quite a lot, but heres a few...

Alvin and Chipmunks - quality theme tune, three chipmunks called Alvin, Simon and Theadore lived with some guy named Dave, does it get any more random than that!

Banaman - Some little weedy kid called Eric Twinge eats a banana and swaps brain cells for muscle and has a crow for a sidekick.

Charlie Chalk - Possibly one of the best theme tunes ever devised "He can get you out of trouble, he can teach you how to juggle, Charlie Chalk, Charlie Chalk"!

Ducktales - Another quality theme tune "Duck Tales, a whooh ooh". Donald Duck goes on holiday and leaves his nephews, Huey, Dewey, and Louie, in care of Scrooge McDuck who is absolutely LOADED!

The Raccoons - Possible one of my favourites, Bert Raccoon lives in Evergreen forest and is constantly trying to foil Cyril Sneers evil plans to destroy the forest in order to make even more money!

These are just a few of many cartoons that I can remember watching as I kid, I would add more but then you guys wouldn't have anything to add yourselfs!

Also I found a great site were you can find info on loads of these shows and downloads theme tunes and opening videos, etc http://www.80scartoons.co.uk

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree, i cant get into todays cartoons. luckily Cartoon Network still plays the classics from time to time

Pink Panther

Tom and Jerry

Thundercats

Voltron

Tranzor Z

Ninja Turtles

Coyote and Roadrunner (brilliant)

Smurfs

Inspector Gadget

Ren & Stimpy - these guys were amazing, totally off the wall and really, really, weird. Became a worldwide phenominan and made Nickelodeon billions, setting them up as the kiddie-swallowing behmoth it is today. Then the Nicklodeon CEOs took control after series 2, and it became pretty unfunny by the end of series 3. Died on its arse after series 5. Without them modern "greats" like Spongebob and Fairy God Parents simply would not be allowed to exsist. A crime against hummanity and the very fabric of the universe itself.

Rockos Modern Life. I didnt watch it religiously but it was still an ace 'toon. Also ARRGGHH! Real Monsters!, that was good aswell. Hero Turltes I loved too. Anyone remember Biker Mice from Mars? Classic. I liked Street Sharks aswell. Damn you, now Im thinking of all these 'toons and I wanna watch 'em again!

anyone know were i can get Racoons episodes? download or watchin on tv? i cant find em anywer

Thats what I want as well, I've been trying to download an episode with emule bit it's been on 97.4% for over a week!

I never understood The Hurricanes, what sort of tosser smiles when they're playing football? You're too knackered to even move your face!

Anyway...

My two favourites: The Real Ghostbusters and Garfield And Friends.

Ones I liked:

Animaniacs

Top Cat

Tom And Jerry

Coyote And Roadrunner

Ren And Stimpy

Sonic

Mr. Bean The Animated Series

Ones I watched:

Real Monsters

Rocko's Modern Life

The Hurricanes

Biker Mice From Mars

Earthworm Jim

Dexter's Laboratory

The Flintstones

The Jetsons

Mr. Bean The Animated Series

How is that even remotely classic. Surely for the title classic, the cartoon must been slightly old, this is relatively new.

A classic people haven't mentioned is M.A.S.K. (not to be confused with the green faced dickhead).

That was shit

big up on the Ren & Stimpy mind. I have season 1 and 2 on DVD- all the classic Spumco episodes

'The Danes call it 'quality'

I just realised I don't have them on DVD yet. I feel alone and ashamed. I have just ordered them. I will now submit myself to gestapo-style torture until the get here from the colonies.