NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

WART SHOULD BE ADDED TO THE ROSTER!!! (And be in Galaxy)

NEVER play 3 level 9's; it makes you crap lol. I hope the AI of computer characters is better in Brawl, because they were way to repetitive in Melee.

Yeah, they're good at cheating combos, but cant avoid a mine for shit.

All the Melee ones

14 (They'll probably be someone from each franchise in Brawl)

Pit, Snake and Wario

Take away Ice Climbers, Mr Game and Watch (Just possible non-returners)

That leaves 3 IF 18 if the final. 1 other Nintendo franchise plus 2 more 3rd party?

I reckon there will be more than 18.

A fair few of the Melee ones will get the chop methinks. Mew-two (although great), pichu, young(er) link, jigglypuff, mr game and watch, roy (or marth, I think one of them will make it), dr Mario, Ness. There's a fair few that have a decent chance of not making it in. I'm not saying they are bad characters (except pichu) but I think they'll change some around. I dunno, deoxys instead of mew-two maybe, getting rid of some clones, introducing new concepts etc. keeping all the old characters just limits the originality.

I think they'll be more than 14, 20 is a good number. 10 starters, 5 fairly easy unlocks, 5 fairly hard unlocks.

A fair few of the Melee ones will get the chop methinks. Mew-two (although great), pichu, young(er) link, jigglypuff, mr game and watch, roy (or marth, I think one of them will make it), dr Mario, Ness. There's a fair few that have a decent chance of not making it in. I'm not saying they are bad characters (except pichu) but I think they'll change some around. I dunno, deoxys instead of mew-two maybe, getting rid of some clones, introducing new concepts etc. keeping all the old characters just limits the originality.

I think they'll be more than 14, 20 is a good number. 10 starters, 5 fairly easy unlocks, 5 fairly hard unlocks.

Ness & Marth out? :wtf:? You do realise this game isn't just for Europe right? I also doubt Jigglypuff will get chopped, just like all the other original Smash Bros.

I don't think they'll get rid of one of the most popular Pokemon in Japan, Jigglypuff, I reckon hes a certainty to stay...

Dr Mario guaranteed will go, he was a waste of space character really. The developer admitted to only including him for an excuse to put the Dr Mario music in the game. Perhaps he may be a selectable skin instead for Mario and when you select that skin, like Melee he'll throw Vitamins instead of Fireballs...

Marth will stay, Roy will go

Young Link possibly replaced with Cel Shaded Link

Mewtwo replaced by Deoxys as you said

Ness I think will stay but a new character from Mother 3 will be added to the lineup

Ice Climbers - IF they stay and thats a big if, I'd like their moveset revised.

Zelda: 50/50, if she stays, expect a revised moveset, possibly no Sheik transformation...

Falco will be removed, unless they conjour up a unique move set, but I don't like him as a character and would not mind him being dropped from the list of playable characyers

Mr Game and Watch although I liked him as a playable character, I don't like his chances of staying this time round...

Pichu - Good as gone, in favour of a better more distinctive pokemon species.

Ganondorf/Ganon - Hopefully will stay and use that sword he teased us with in Melee and not just be a clone of Captain Falcon. Perhaps even have a move to transfer into his beast pig form, resembling the model in the SNES game brought to life in 3d.

Third party character speculation - Either Sonic, Megaman, Pacman or Bomberman.

samus.jpg

Her name is Samus Aran. She joins us from the Metroid games.

Look at her Power Suit shine!

Her arm cannon is equipped with a variety of weapons.

Mastering all of them is the first step towards victory.

samus_070615a-l.jpg

samus_070615b-l.jpg

samus_070615c-l.jpg

samus_070615d-l.jpg

Looking good. No mention of Zero Suit Samus, though. Only Meta Knight, Wario and Snake left of the characters we already know!

The lack of mention of Zero Suit Samus says to me that they are completely seperate characters

samus_070615c-l.jpg

This pic made me laugh.

'Samus is ready to deliver destruction and kick ass . . . at a beach resort near you'

Just a reminder for all the people who forgot what Samus looks like in Melee (me included).

samus.jpg

So, they went with the Prime look rather than keeping to the old Super Metroid suit.

samus_070615b-l.jpg

Now that's what it's all about, Twilight Link vs Prime Samus!!

This game just looks too good!!

Is it me or does this pic look like Samus is casting a shadow?

samus_070615c-l.jpg

Looks very much like a shadow to me.

But I actually think the two models are pretty identical, but the new one has more details and the suit is shinier.

melee_samus.jpgsupersmash-b.jpg

samus.jpgsupersmash-a.jpg

Edit: omg I didn't realize how much more detailed the new model looks until I saw the comparison... impressive.

Edit 2: fixed the pictures, so that all of them should show now

samus.jpg

Best artwork ever confirmed.

The fact that they didn't show the Morph Ball could mean the B down is used for something different now. It was a crap attack in both previous Smashes anyway, they should use the Morph Ball for Samus' duck move. Maybe B down is transforming in Zero Suit Samus now.

The fact that they didn't show the Morph Ball could mean the B down is used for something different now. It was a crap attack in both previous Smashes anyway, they should use the Morph Ball for Samus' duck move.

It was very useful for recovering though.

The fact that they didn't show the Morph Ball could mean the B down is used for something different now. It was a crap attack in both previous Smashes anyway, they should use the Morph Ball for Samus' duck move.

Well, crawling now seems to be a part of Brawl. Perhaps Samus will use the morph ball for that.

(and how awesome would it be if some of the different suits from MP1, 2 and 3 were the alternate costumes. Perhaps even the fusion suits)

Pffft, Down and B was awesome! When you hit someone with it, you could do it multi times!

Samus' down B was amazing for recovering. Practically an extra jump/Up B if you bomb jump. It's the reason I hate samus; her recovery is amazing.