NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I never realised the Bomb Jump could be a recovery move. So you had the second jump, the Bomb Jumps, the Grappling Beam and the Screw Attack?

No wonder I'm crap with Samus.

I didn't know that either. I never played that game as much as some of you. I never had a decent challange so i don't know whether i am good or not.

Yeah it's pretty good for recovering. You have to lay one bomb in mid-air, then fall onto it, and then lay another one straight away. The 2nd bomb will keep you where the first one as, and the first one will explode, moving ya quite a bit. Bloody pain samus is.

Dunno where people are getting the idea that Brawl Samus' model is based on Prime Samus'. The decals are similar but the shape is totally different.

Dunno where people are getting the idea that Brawl Samus' model is based on Prime Samus'. The decals are similar but the shape is totally different.

MetroidPrimebox.jpgsamus.jpg

Oh Dante, they looks completely different! You can see that from the blantant differences in her groins.

Brawl Samus if comp new, just like Mario....completely new as in not seen before, but also about as similar as the Varia suit's been in every game.

MetroidPrimebox.jpgsamus.jpg

I hope this is meant as an aid to me, because if you can't see a massive difference in the shoulder...orbs and arm cannon you're totally blind. Her visor/helmet also looks different, but I really can't figure out how.

Yeah. It's only because you're looking at it from different angles. That's pretty much the Varia suit from Prime.

I dunno, I think this Samus may once again be a 3D take on the Super Metroid design.

There's some differences in the design, it's no where near as spot on as Brawl's Link model, it's exactly the same as the Twlight Princess one bar maybe a few more polys on him.

Yeah. It's only because you're looking at it from different angles. That's pretty much the Varia suit from Prime.

To me, it looks totally different. (Well, not totally). Every part seems differently modelled or differently textured.

No, really, the shoulder pads are totally different. In Prime's model they cover the shoulders but in Brawl's model they're much smaller and just sit on top of them. Her body has a totally different shape because of that small change. The shoulder pads are higher than her own friggin' head in the Brawl model.

The Brawl model actually looks closer to the Prime 2 model, which allowed for her arms to move around without the shoulder pads clipping through anything like in Prime 1.

media-retrostudios-samusvs.jpg

But the shoulder pads are still higher, and she seems to have an overall more slender build.

I still can't get over how lame the arm cannon looks, though. It's based on the NES game.

I never realised the Bomb Jump could be a recovery move. So you had the second jump, the Bomb Jumps, the Grappling Beam and the Screw Attack?

No wonder I'm crap with Samus.

If you did it fast enough, you could air-dodge and then use the grapple beam.

No, really, the shoulder pads are totally different. In Prime's model they cover the shoulders but in Brawl's model they're much smaller and just sit on top of them. Her body has a totally different shape because of that small change. The shoulder pads are higher than her own friggin' head in the Brawl model.

I can see what you mean but to be honest most of these are accentuated by the pose. Her physique is a little slimmer and drawn out in Prime so her head seams smaller. In the Prime shot the shoulder pads sit almost over her head too btw.

I have to ask the question, was I the only one who played Smash Bros and Smash Bros Melee normally? Without all this 'wave dashing' bull shit and using the grappling beam to grab onto the side of the stage, it just seemed like useless crap.

Smash Bros is about getting 3 friends together for a complete laugh, not using tactics... imo.

There's a clear difference in the shoulders, chest and groin. Also a slight difference in the visor.

samus.jpg

I have to ask the question, was I the only one who played Smash Bros and Smash Bros Melee normally? Without all this 'wave dashing' bull shit and using the grappling beam to grab onto the side of the stage, it just seemed like useless crap.

Smash Bros is about getting 3 friends together for a complete laugh, not using tactics... imo.

I play it normally as well, without the 'wave dashing' (and i'm not at all interested in looking into it) and normally without any weapons as well.

If I was using Samus though and needed to use the grapple beam on an edge I definately would (same with Link's hookshot!), it's part of their moveset!

I can see what you mean but to be honest most of these are accentuated by the pose. Her physique is a little slimmer and drawn out in Prime so her head seams smaller. In the Prime shot the shoulder pads sit almost over her head too btw.

I'm not judging it from that shot. The first time I saw the first trailer I thought "oh man, I wished they used the Prime 2 model."

I'm not judging it from that shot. The first time I saw the first trailer I thought "oh man, I wished they used the Prime 2 model."
Seems to me they've improved the model since then. Judging from the screens they have a really cool, fitting model for this game. It almost looks as good as the Metroid Prime models even, and much better than the Melee model stylewise.

Me. I just play normaly. No competitive stuff. Except the grappling beam is ok.

Super_Smash_Bros_Fancomic_1_by_torokun.jpg

And that is f*ucking class!! Good laugh!

I didn't even know you could do that with the grapple beam.

I completely agree with you. I also regularly played with friends and we were all crap, that was so much fun. Then we played against some better players and it suddenly stopped being funny because there didn't happen so many stupid things.