NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Hmmm, the music seems to need a bit of equalizer treatment to me. It could use more melody.

The music is awesome! Lovin' the metally theme going on

I wonder if there'll be character specific bosses? Like Ridley for Samus or Ganon for Link or something like that. That would be pretty cool. Then after you'd have to fight that stupid hand as usual.

Hmmm, the music seems to need a bit of equalizer treatment to me. It could use more melody.

It needs a bit of everything really...

Someone on Smashboards has found this out:

If you right click the world icon image gifs and check out the source location name.. you get numbers for each series.. Kid Icarus is 18. That could mean a minimum of 18 game series in Brawl.

1.Smash Brothers

3. StarFox

4. Kirby

6. Metroid

8.Pokemon

9.Zelda

10. Mario

11.Yoshi

18. Kid Icarus

Come again? I'm foncuzzled.

Gave it a few more listens and it's actually pretty nice. The metal works pretty well, and it's nice for an ending sequence or the Adventure mode.

Yeah guys i really don't see this being a level as you know it. sounds more like a level in advnenture mode? By the way does this game have one of those?

I think the music sounds, quite good, but to be honest is not really to my taste.

Come again? I'm foncuzzled.

The characters have a logo that shows which game series they are from.

I.E

• Wario has a W = for Warioware.
  • Mario,Luigi,Peach and Bowser has a mushroom logo = for the mario series.

So we're missing logos of the known characters that not on the site yet is:

Wario

Metal Gear Solid

The other characters series icons from Melee were:

F-Zero

Donkey Kong

Earthbound

Fire Emblem

Game and Watch

Ice Climbers

That is a total of eight to added to Brawl list there is a one blank spaces left for another character series.

An unknown could be the Sonic one...?

And Dante, do we know already that Wario won't be included under the Mushroom Kingdom with the others? He's fully developed enough now with WarioWare to be associated with that in SSBB?

An unknown could be the Sonic one...?

And Dante, do we know already that Wario won't be included under the Mushroom Kingdom with the others? He's fully developed enough now with WarioWare to be associated with that in SSBB?

I dont know but Wario is wearing his WarioWare gear but has a (W) logo than Mario series Mushroom logo.

Oh rite, cheers for clearing that up Dante :)

I wonder what the others are then? Didn't IC have like an aubergine as their symbol in Melee? Was so cool.

I dont know but Wario is wearing his WarioWare gear but has a (W) logo than Mario series Mushroom logo.

Ah, cool. Clears that up for me now. Cant actually mind how he's been dressed in his platformers so I'll take your word for it that he's in his WarioWare garb for this!

Someone on Smashboards has found this out:

If you right click the world icon image gifs and check out the source location name.. you get numbers for each series.. Kid Icarus is 18. That could mean a minimum of 18 game series in Brawl.

1.Smash Brothers

3. StarFox

4. Kirby

6. Metroid

8.Pokemon

9.Zelda

10. Mario

11.Yoshi

18. Kid Icarus

Ahem...

So, has anyone taken notice of the filenames of these icons? Just something that caught my interest.

world_b_01.gif

world_b_01

world_b_09.gif

world_b_09

world_b_10.gif

world_b_10

world_b_18.gif

world_b_18

Could be something to keep your eyes on, might give a hint on how many game series we can expect to be in the game. Just so you know, There were 14 game series in Melee (including the Smash Bros. series with characters like Master Hand).

Nobody listens to Sprout...

All the Melee ones

14 (They'll probably be someone from each franchise in Brawl)

Pit, Snake and Wario

Take away Ice Climbers, Mr Game and Watch (Just possible non-returners)

That leaves 3 IF 18 if the final. 1 other Nintendo franchise plus 2 more 3rd party?

Another interesting tidbit from the website: Different style crates and barrels according to which stage you select and crates that are on wheels as well. :)

The update is up. Not a big one.

Smash Bros website

Barrels and crates. The fact that they change their appearance is a nice little details, and the sliding crates should add a bit of fun. Nothing much else to say.

I'm pretty impressed that they've even added something new to even the most mundane of items, to be honest. Isn't that the first shot of Samus we've seen on the new site?

item03_070614d-l.jpg

they should make pikachu a lil bit smaller becouse i think he is too big now he looks like a giant pokemon almost the same size as Zero-samus

You can stand on top of crates this time, too.

Also, isn't this Samus' first appearance on this website?

they should make pikachu a lil bit smaller becouse i think he is too big now he looks like a giant pokemon almost the same size as Zero-samus

I'm not convinced that these screenshots are actually taken from a real match. I may well be wrong, but it seems more likely to me that they are being cobbled together by some art monkeys, albeit using actual backgrounds and models taken from the game.

Yes, Zero Suit Samus hasn't appeared in any of the pictures until now. Maybe there's a character update coming tomorrow?

Anyway I liked today's update. And the way crates change each level is just a tiny detail that enhances the experience for me, great idea on their part! It will be fun to ride a crate into someone :laughing:.

I'm not convinced that these screenshots are actually taken from a real match. I may well be wrong, but it seems more likely to me that they are being cobbled together by some art monkeys, albeit using actual backgrounds and models taken from the game.

i agree, look at this image

pikachu_070606b.jpg

and then the one with zero suit samus and wario and picachu, theres a huge size difference

Thats due to the perspective. Look at Wario's hands compared to Pikachu's - they look the same in both shots. Pikachu is just bunched up in that screenshot.