NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

The fact we're getting a daily update about the game just shows how huge and epic its gonna be. Don't expect to know the really sweet details before release.

Assholes.

New screenshots mean nothing if there's nothing new in them.

New screenshots mean nothing if there's nothing new in them.

Again, it's six bloody months away and there's new screens every weekday until then.

Honestly, tell me what you're expecting.

In all fairness, I don't mind seeing new screens if nothing is revealed. Those new ones of that Yoshi level show just how beautiful the game looks, and you can kind of imagine how it's going to feel when you play it.

Also, about the move Wario is using. I reckon it's his forward tilt.

New music added today - an awesome version of the Ridley boss battle music from the Metroid games. Best Brawl music so far. A hint at Ridley being a playable character, perhaps? ;)

i kinda like the music they put on the site SSBB the new one from Metroid

its an all action packed song , a song to Brawl ;)

Again, it's six bloody months away and there's new screens every weekday until then.

Honestly, tell me what you're expecting.

Have I missed out on knowing about its release date? How do you know its six months?

I'd love to see adventure mode back with propper character specific boss battles.

I'd love to see adventure mode back with propper character specific boss battles.

Word! That really would be awesome. Thinking back on Melee...just...soooo good.

So much stuff to do.

I'm hoping for Ridley to be a playable character, and this update makes his chances go up. But Sakurai could just be teasing us. :heh:

I like the music a lot though.

yeah i think ridley will be playable in the game but they wont show him i think they just keep him secret , i know that they will anounce a new character maybe 2 , and i think one of them is sonic becouse almost everybody talked about him i hope this game comes out shortly after the E3 this is a must have game for me

when its in stores and its Sold out every week / month and i cant get my hands on the game haha i'll get crazy:bouncy:

Ridley, Playable? nah, not likely. He's huge for a start, they'd have to scale him down massively to avoid clipping/taking up the whole stage. It wouldn't look right. I see him more as an environmental hazard. A stage from temple in metroid prime, with the destructible columns, and Ridley flying around as an animation, popping of the odd missile or laser beam (like the Arwings in the Starfox level)

Ridley, Playable? nah, not likely. He's huge for a start, they'd have to scale him down massively to avoid clipping/taking up the whole stage. It wouldn't look right. I see him more as an environmental hazard. A stage from temple in metroid prime, with the destructible columns, and Ridley flying around as an animation, popping of the odd missile or laser beam (like the Arwings in the Starfox level)

Scaling him down would work fine. Bowser's size has gone up and down like a yo-yo in recent years, and Kirby was made much bigger for Smash Bros. Just look at Pichu standing next to Mario. Does it matter that the size difference isn't right? Luigi's nose is about as big as Zelda's face! I wouldn't let something like that stop them putting Ridley in.

True.

I doubt they'll put Ridley in as a playable character. It'll probably just be for an Adventure boss battle thingy, which is what I'm expecting now :P

Ridley, Playable? nah, not likely. He's huge for a start, they'd have to scale him down massively to avoid clipping/taking up the whole stage. It wouldn't look right.

Did you happen to miss the perfectly-scaled-for-smash-bros-Ridley that appeared in the Smash Bros Melee intro?

I'm hoping for Ridley to be a playable character, and this update makes his chances go up. But Sakurai could just be teasing us. :heh:

It's clear the staff responsible for the website are enjoying themselves. The captions and prose are often humorously tantalising.

Anyway, I see Ridley as being very similar to Giga Bowser in SSBM.

Ridley has been scaled up and down in the Metroid games as well. In Metroid for the NES he was just a tiny bit taller than Samus. They could make him the right size if they wanted him in, just like Bowser and Kirby who was originally only 8 inches tall.

Melee intro image:

SSBM.jpg

Ridley seems a decent size in that one. Just a little bit taller than Samus.

Have I missed out on knowing about its release date? How do you know its six months?

Nintendo are still adamant its going to be out this year and we only have six months left...

yeah it'll be out this year...in japan and maybe America. Like they'll give it to us europeans lol.

They're saving it all for E3 obviously. Money well spent on their musical line up, I must say.

Someone on Smashboards has found this out:

If you right click the world icon image gifs and check out the source location name.. you get numbers for each series.. Kid Icarus is 18. That could mean a minimum of 18 game series in Brawl.

1.Smash Brothers

3. StarFox

4. Kirby

6. Metroid

8.Pokemon

9.Zelda

10. Mario

11.Yoshi

18. Kid Icarus

Agh that song is ...agh.. the best version of that is in metroid fusion why did they have to rockify it!. the music is going to get to me in this i feel.