NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Yeah, me too. Smash is much more funny with stupid mistakes happening and everybody laughing at them. I particularly loved playing 25-life Super Sudden Death games, total chaos :smile:

I did know the Grappling Beam trick though. It's not that useful though as your timing has to be perfect.

The grapple beam is ridiclously useful, and so is Links one.

I loved playing smash 1-2 years ago throwing items around everywhere, but I actually saw how much depth there was in the game and learnt it. Pokeball matches were the best though :D

I hope the online system accomodates for everyone...

Link: Final Smash

<Triforce Slash>

Is he using the Triforce to slash enemies? Or is it the Triforce doing the slashing?

You don’t have time to ponder such questions, as Link has just grabbed a Smash Ball.

link_070618a-l.jpg

Light shoots out from the Triforce on the back of Link’s hand, striking his opponents!

link_070618b-l.jpg

Link dashes into the fray! Enemies are trapped by the Triforce!

link_070618c-l.jpg

He strikes repeatedly with lightning speed!

link_070618d-l.jpg

And then comes the finishing strike! SKRAAAAH!

If you suffer this fate, there is little hope for you. But remember: damage alone will not finish you in Smash.

If you’re lucky enough to hit solid ground, you just might be saved.

I actually expected this to be the update today. Suprised to see I guessed correctly. Anyway, it's a small update that was already known for a while. I still like the new screenshots though.

Has anybody ever heard of the sound effect SKRAAAAH! before? Sakurai keeps making these things stranger and stranger :laughing:.

Nice incentive to try out all the characters just to see their specials. I wonder who i'll be comfortable with this time around. I wish Amazon wouldn't keep recommending me the game, they seem to think it'll be out on the 30th :heh:.

Okay i'm probably going to get flamed by some for this, but those pics looks 360 quality to me. I mean look at those lighting effects, they're gorgeous. And considering the speed that's happening at, its just very impressive.

I agree I think the graphics on this game put to shame the vast majority of games on Wii.

Simply Amazing!

Okay i'm probably going to get flamed by some for this, but those pics looks 360 quality to me. I mean look at those lighting effects, they're gorgeous. And considering the speed that's happening at, its just very impressive.

Not HD :heh:

But yes, this game is looking damn gorgeous. Speaking of visuals, i'm going to kill someone if they don't give widescreen to this game.

Not HD :heh:

But yes, this game is looking damn gorgeous. Speaking of visuals, i'm going to kill someone if they don't give widescreen to this game.

It will be in widescreen.. if it wasnt then there would be some angry people no doubt.

Im hoping for a decent update this week.. but i bet one day will be Warios Final Fart.. or should i say Final Smash

That is breath taking. Link will be one of myfavourites once again just for that attack.

I hope they allow custom soundtracks personally. As much as I utterly adore Nintendo compositions, which I do, listening to my own music in Excite truck added hours to the replayability I think. It just seems right for party games like this.

Looks like we might be getting all the veteran character's final smashes this week. Then again, that might make a little too much sense. Anyway, cool update.

It's Pikachu's turn..... Pikachu's Final Smash! :yay:

Volt Tackle

What is Volt Tackle? It’s Pikachu’s Final Smash!

That pretty much describes it. You don’t need an Electric Ball to unleash it, but you do need a Smash Ball.

pikachu_070619a.jpg

Volt Tackle is unleashed! Pikachu transforms into a ball of light.

pikachu_070619b.jpg

You can now control that ball of light for a brief period.

Hunt them! Hunt them down!

pikachu_070619c.jpg

t’s quite speedy while airborne. This...can be dangerous.

It flies through the air wildly, so take care not to lose control.

If it gets cancelled in mid-air, something terrible will happen.

pikachu_070619d.jpg

Ah... This doesn’t look good.

Can anyone say "Giant Hurt Ball, Sphere o' Fear... Death-ticle?"

so your at the most vunerable when your at your most powerful? sweet

I'd hoped Pikachu would momentarily evolve into Raichu and unleash a screen filling blast of THUNDER (a bit like Mario's fire, but blasting out in all directions)!

raichu2.jpgRaichu-Anime.jpg

Opportunity wasted!

And what's with having a Final Smash that could, if used untimely, lead to your death? Mario and Link don't have that!

Pikachu's one is obviously a bit more versatile though and because of that is probably a good deal more powerful when used in the right hands.

I hope fox has some kick ass one! WITH LAZ0RZZZ!!!!111

nah, im guessing an air strike

so your at the most vunerable when your at your most powerful? sweet

It really is. So it's all about pracitcing. I like that.

And what's with having a Final Smash that could, if used untimely, lead to your death? Mario and Link don't have that!

But I guess that Link's and Mario's Final Smashes have their own weaknesses.

Link can only attack one foe at a time.As for Mario he remains vulnerable during his attack. So if anyone doesn't get hit by him he might attack him.