NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Mute City was great cause it has awesome music :D. The stage was a bit small though.

Now you see, the best level from the last game was Pokemon Stadium. It had variety and you could fight on it.

I'm not against moving levels, when they're done correctly. Pokefloats and Mute City are great examples, Big Blue not so much.

Now you see, the best level from the last game was Pokemon Stadium. It had variety and you could fight on it.

I'm not against moving levels, when they're done correctly. Pokefloats and Mute City are great examples, Big Blue not so much.

Pokemon Stadium was amazing :) Loved the way they used the pokemon gold/silver music aswell lol.

What was everyones favourite level on melee?

Pokemon Stadium was amazing :) Loved the way they used the pokemon gold/silver music aswell lol.

What was everyones favourite level on melee?

Hmm... I loved the Pokemon Stadium just because it was an easy, yet also very cool stage!

But my other favourite has to be the Fountain of Dreams, that orchestral music ROCKED!

The Great Fox level. (side-view). I hope that's in this one (yes, I know it was a returning level form the original).

Before they never really had much choice for the Metroid level. Now we have some prime locations for stages, thanks to the GameCube games.

I would personally love Phendrana Drifts and Sanctuary Fortress stages.

Just saw that Update and put it this way;

I definitely said 'WOW'.

Fantastic Graphics!!

Think my favourite Melee stage was Onett. Don't hit me, the music pulled me in!

Whilst I enjoyed the Pokémon Stadium stage, I feel it would be nice to have a Pokémon stage that's actually based on one of the games, similar to how they had Saffron City in the original SSB. Perhaps an arena involving that XD001 Lugia, or Mt Battle, which would kinda be like Icicle Mountain. Don't hit me again, I'm just making suggestions!

Think my favourite Melee stage was Onett. Don't hit me, the music pulled me in!

Whilst I enjoyed the Pokémon Stadium stage, I feel it would be nice to have a Pokémon stage that's actually based on one of the games, similar to how they had Saffron City in the original SSB. Perhaps an arena involving that XD001 Lugia, or Mt Battle, which would kinda be like Icicle Mountain. Don't hit me again, I'm just making suggestions!

Ooo I like Onett. Small ceiling is good for when I'm playing floaties as Fox. Cars annoy me though :(

However, I do think that Zero Suit Samus and Regular Samus are seperate characters as Zelda used magic to change. How should Samus be able to change quickly and without leaving her armor lying somewhere on the battle field?

I always thought it was completely obvious that Samus changes to Zero Suit Samus whenever you use her gigantic final smash beam thing.

Is it just coincidence that I agree with everything Zell and Goron_3 say? I think not. :heh:.

I really enjoy the music to Battlefield and Final Destination, it's really well done. Seems like Nintendo have gone downhill since then cause all the musci was orchestratersd and in TP it was all MIDI. Ah well.

I really cannot undertsnad why it is midi in twilight Priness. i have no interest in zelda games and I have never play TP but when games like starfox assault have it it doesn't make sense why One of nintendo's top games should not.

That been said I love midi when done right like in metroid prime it can be fantastic and unmatchable.

Yep, I agree with that, but I'm not and never have been a fan of the music in Zelda, I've alwaysa thoguht it was a bit cheap, even still, I don't understand why nintendo couldnt se[enmd a couple of hundred dollars and get it orchestrated.

I agree with you though. Everythuign from Chrono Trigger and Cross si in midi and it continas the best musinc from any game ever made imo. Unfortunately, Zelda doens't constaino that quality of music.

Im finding it difficult to articulate muy thoughts/

I really cannot undertsnad why it is midi in twilight Priness. i have no interest in zelda games and I have never play TP but when games like starfox assault have it it doesn't make sense why One of nintendo's top games should not.

That been said I love midi when done right like in metroid prime it can be fantastic and unmatchable.

There's MIDI music in Zelda so it can change subtly according to situation, e.g. when enemies approach. I prefer it that way, TBH.

It's impossible to wrap mp3s around gameplay in the same way as a MIDI. In Twilight Princess the music changes depending on whether or not you're riding Epona, whether or not you're close to an enemy and whether or not you're attacking. It's constantly changing. Anything other than MIDI would've been complete crap because you simply wouldn't have been able to do that, the atmosphere would be completely lost. In my opinion all games should ditch mp3s and should stick with extremely high-quality MIDI that can change depending on context, it's so much more immersive.

I find it amusing that your first thought was that Nintendo couldn't afford it when they're worth almost as much as the entire Sony corperation and are worth infinitely more than Microsoft Game Studios.

Of course they could have. It would have taken slightly more effort, but considering that this is one of Nintendo's longest running franchises, I would have thought it was worth the trouble.

Is it just coincidence that I agree with everything Zell and Goron_3 say? I think not. :heh:.

I really enjoy the music to Battlefield and Final Destination, it's really well done. Seems like Nintendo have gone downhill since then cause all the musci was orchestratersd and in TP it was all MIDI. Ah well.

Well you know, great minds and all that :heh:

It's impossible to wrap mp3s around gameplay in the same way as a MIDI. In Twilight Princess the music changes depending on whether or not you're riding Epona, whether or not you're close to an enemy and whether or not you're attacking. It's constantly changing. Anything other than MIDI would've been complete crap because you simply wouldn't have been able to do that, the atmosphere would be completely lost. In my opinion all games should ditch mp3s and should stick with extremely high-quality MIDI that can change depending on context, it's so much more immersive.

I find it amusing that your first thought was that Nintendo couldn't afford it when they're worth almost as much as the entire Sony corperation and are worth infinitely more than Microsoft Game Studios.

To be fair, I hate it when the music is interupted with that shitty music every time you have to fight an enemy. I think it would be better to just scrap the real time music changes and get with the orchestrated programme.

I wonder what this edition into the Smash series will offer in replacement of trophy collection as I reckon that'll be scrapped this time round. Perhaps a more personalised adventure mode where there are different themed levels and objectives to complete according to which character you choose? Or an "online mode" instead or more levels and characters. Other than those three possibilities, what else could possibly be included in the game other than trophies?

I also think high quality midi is the way to go, it's way more dynamic. It's funny that people talk like there ate lots of games with Orchestrated soundtracks, when there aren't.

And don't go saying Zelda music doesn't have the quality of CT just because you don't like it, seriously.

I don't think any Nintendo game has an orchestrated soundtrack. Edit: Melee has some orchestrated and some Midi from what I can hear. Not an expert on that field though.

Of course they could have. It would have taken slightly more effort, but considering that this is one of Nintendo's longest running franchises, I would have thought it was worth the trouble.

No, they couldn't have. You cannot sync and screw around with each element of the music in mp3s, they have too much noise because they're heavily compressed and it would take up too much processing power and memory. The way the music changes when fighting the phantom ganon's in WW would be completely impossible with mp3s.

Well atleast we know they're doing a good job with the music this time.

And yes Bard, Final Destination had awesome music. Really created a great sense of tension. So awesome.

Theres one difference though: Nintendo make fantastic-sounding MIDIs. I've always found Nintendo's music memorable. And Mega Drive Sonic music.

Also, changing music is ace.

MIDI will always be around but for games like Zelda make it 50/50. The dragon roast theme in Wind waker was amazing. Don't force orchestration into it is what i'm saying. Moody games like metroid would never work.

Even for smash bros i'm just going to guess that onett was midi and that was one of it's greatest themes.

To be fair, I hate it when the music is interupted with that shitty music every time you have to fight an enemy. I think it would be better to just scrap the real time music changes and get with the orchestrated programme.

It would be like a video demo then.

A lot of games change the music when enemies attack, to make it more emmersive, only Mario and similar games don't really.