N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Gamefaqs:

Character Unlock: Mewtwo To unlock Mewtwo, play in VS. Mode for either 20 hours (Combined VS. Play Time total), or play 700 matches in that mode. After either requirement is met, Mewtwo will challenge you; beat him.

Finishing event 51, unlock the final destination trophy.

You're TV can accept a 16:9 signal and display it, so if the device is sending out a 16:9 signal the picture will be correct on screen. This is good, but if the device is pumping out a 4:3 signal when in 16:9 mode it will stretch it.

This is what Sakurai means by setting you're TV to "Full". Basically you probably want to use you're TV in 4:3 mode for games, with the 4:3 mode in the game. This is the safe way to play it, the picture will always be correct. Using different combinations can yield miked results, because the picture processing on TVs has a habit of being crappy. Use 4:3 on conventional sets and 16:9 on wide sets, ignore any fancy TV settings and you'll have no problems.

I think I see your point (though I'm not 100 percent sure about the technical stuff). I'm just gonna pick the option that gives me the best results. Thanks for your help. :)

If your DVD is displaying Widescreen with the black bars, it is possible and likely that you have it set in the DVD Player's Settings to output in 4:3

Nope, I switch both my DVD and TV settings. If I only switch my TV, the picture just stretches. If I switch both, I get a "proper" widescreen in the menus (= wider picture + correct dimensions), but a cropped picture in the movie itself (= not a wider picture, but still correct dimensions).

I think I see your point (though I'm not 100 percent sure about the technical stuff). I'm just gonna pick the option that gives me the best results. Thanks for your help. :)

Nope, I switch both my DVD and TV settings. If I only switch my TV, the picture just stretches. If I switch both, I get a "proper" widescreen in the menus (= wider picture + correct dimensions), but a cropped picture in the movie itself (= not a wider picture, but still correct dimensions).

Ah...if its a movie then movies arent in 16x9. They're in 2.39:1 which is wider and as such on widescreen tvs they have the black bars

And since nobody is talking bout it...

WOO MELEE STAGES COMING BACK

What other stages you guys want in it?

That music sounded nothing like the Zelda II temple until right near the end. As if was playing I thought I'd clicked a wrong button or something.

Agree, it is hard to hear, but it is the same. You can sense the melody, though they've changed the sounds a lot. I like this new version, though.

However, tis sexy to see the temple back.

Agree! :)

Hooray for the Temple! :yay:One of my favourite stages (second only to Big Blue).

Good to see they re-arranged the songs instead of just re-using them.

Although this remix reminds me of Megaman and Castlevania. Not a bad thing at all, mind you.

(Now, please bring Big Blue back)

Out of all the great stages from Melee that they could have included, why oh why did they pick this one? It's awful for so many reasons.

Stages that should be included: Mute City, Poke Floats, Fountain Of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium.