Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Yeah but fuck, Mass Effect.

Really, now that the PS3 has a nice back catalog to go with the promise of future games, I don't think I can manage with just one. Alot of things are multiplat and I'll probably still get most on 360 because most of my friends are 360'ers, but missing out on LBP, Uncharted etc already, and then with Last Guardian and Gran Turismo on the way soon, I gotta have both :geek:

Everything that's multiplat, I'll get for the 360 too, simply because I preffer it. And the gamepad is so much better than the Dual Shock. I'm just saying, this whole consoloe war is pretty much becoming senseless, they're pretty much the same now.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything that's multiplat, I'll get for the 360 too, simply because I preffer it. And the gamepad is so much better than the Dual Shock. I'm just saying, this whole consoloe war is pretty much becoming senseless, they're pretty much the same now.

Indeed, plus if you're going to spend between 25 - 50 hours playing a game then you want to be using a comfortable control pad really... now the PS3 pad is useable of course, otherwise I wouldn't have played through MGS4 on the machine but the 360 pad is just better in nearly every single respect, so for multi-format games, it's a no-brainer. :)

I'm glad other people have said it. I was afraid to, sounds too much like I'm trying to troll. But the point is that I want MW2, to play online, but I don't have Gold. Yet I'd still rather pay for Gold and then the game than just pick it up for the PS3. All because of the controller.

I don't really have any problems with the dualshock....in some ways i even prefer it to the 360 controller.....mainly for FIFA/PES i think....i've been so used to playing footy games on my old ps2 that playing with a 360 controller feels a bit wierd. But its only a minor gripe, not a major one.

P.S Would love to get the PS3 slim. MGS4/Uncharted/LBP etc but mainly MGS4.

4 for £20 in blockbuster ^^

I think someone must be having me on. Even so, my local Blockbuster is lame and hardly ever has anything in there.

Anyway, looks like shopto have had a few in today at £35, managed to just grab myself a copy (hopefully anyway, as the site was showing last few copies).

I really like the Mass Effect helmet you can buy for your Avatar. It's a shame I just haven't played the game far enough to get properly into it.

Anyone else read about all these Madcatz preripherals for Modern Warfare 2? I like the sound of the two extra buttons on the back of the controller, aswell as the throat microphones.

Anyone else tried the Section 8 demo? If you haven't and were thinking of trying it, don't bother. It's multiplayer only but it's so sluggish and feels overly heavy on the controls. Didn't enjoy it at all and from that demo, I'm doubting the final product will fix any of the problems with the multiplayer and actualy make it enjoyable. Don't know about the single player though so there could be a chance it's still decent but I'm doubting it based on that performance.

Anyway, looks like shopto have had a few in today at £35, managed to just grab myself a copy (hopefully anyway, as the site was showing last few copies).

Me too. But not until after I found a copy in HMV (after weeks of going in and asking) for £45. Gonna hopefully return it asap.

Random question time now gents.

Are the Wireless Network Adapters region free? Just that in two weeks or so I'm heading to America, and with things being a little cheaper out there, I didn't want to get one and it didn't work when I got it home. My current thought was that all 360 peripherals were region free, but I thought I'd ask here before making a mistake. :)

Is the Wireless Network Adapter region free?)

Yes... Yes it is! are you happy now?...

Jussssst kidding ;) but seriously afaik all peripherals are region free, hope this helps. :)

Xbox 360 Elite Console + Premium HDMI Cable, Bioshock & Connect 4 - £184.99

The 360 Elite comes with a HDMI cable in the box o_o and component/scart, why would you need one bundled in?

I saw in the newspaper the 360 elite for £199.99 in GAME with two of these:

CoD4

GTAIV

Fight... whatever the new boxing and golf games are called (I forget, all the boxes look the same)

Just been an ordered all my game from now until the end of the year...

HALO 3 ODST

DEAD RISING 2

FIFA 10

MODERN WARFARE 2

LEFT 4 DEAD 2

ASSASSINS CREED 2

PS3

UNCHARTED 2

WII

NEW SUPER MARIO BROS

RESI EVIL DARKSIDE

Looking to be a good last few months of gaming... Glad iv got some PS3 and WII games to play on as they never get touched.

What you guys getting ?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!