Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Labyrinth

You remind me of the babe. What babe?

The babe with the power. What power?

The power of voodoo. Who do?

You do. Do what?

Remind me of the babe.

Then there's the Bowiebulge...and I'm reminded of the bulge, the bulge with the power! 8.5/10

Aha, legendary!

Brokeback Mountain

It was pretty good. Sad (obviously), and with a seemingly endless cast list full of really random people I love. Hi Anna Faris, what on earth are you doing? And Linda Cardellini from E.R, too, my fave.

Michelle Williams was actually really good too, considering she had very little to do in the second half of the film.

The film didn't fall into traps I expected, and shocked me a few times. That reminds me, why did I never know Anne Hathaway was in this, and good as well!? The scene where she speaks to Ledger was really good.

Yeah, all the acting was really moving. In some way or another.

Although it's a film that I would really want to have seen without knowing ANYTHING about. Cause it would have more impact. But everyone in the world knows what it's about.

8/10

Labyrinth

You remind me of the babe. What babe?

The babe with the power. What power?

The power of voodoo. Who do?

You do. Do what?

Remind me of the babe.

Then there's the Bowiebulge...and I'm reminded of the bulge, the bulge with the power! 8.5/10

I really should get round to watching this sometime soon. I've always been meaning to, but ReZ's recent obsession with Bowies Bollocks have got me even more intrigued.

My Bloody Valentine.

Nice gory bits shame the film gets a bit meh! best bit to see the is the fully nude Betsy Rue very nice body and erm yeah the main bits we like to see lol.

6/10 for film but 10/10 for naked chick :yay:

You should have seen it in the cinema in glorious 3D....amazing, lmao. I'm actually going to watch this in 3D tonight and I know what the rating is so...

8/10 for it's 3Dness and 11 for the chick in 3D :yay:

I really should get round to watching this sometime soon. I've always been meaning to, but ReZ's recent obsession with Bowies Bollocks have got me even more intrigued.

I'm quite intrigued to find out what someone who hasn't seen it before thinks of it. Hopefully it is as great as we all think it is and it's not just a case of us being blinded by nostalgia.

Hopefully that sentence makes sense. I'm pretty tired.

Kill Bill Vol.2

Saw Vol.1 ages ago after a few drinks/half-asleep, so I should probably rewatch it, but I enjoyed this a lot. I think I prefered it to the first one, if only for the fucking awesomeness of some bits. The whole scene with Elle in the trailer was great.

7.8/10

I'm quite intrigued to find out what someone who hasn't seen it before thinks of it. Hopefully it is as great as we all think it is and it's not just a case of us being blinded by nostalgia.

Hopefully that sentence makes sense. I'm pretty tired.

My view on Labyrinth isn't at all through rose-tinted spectacles; my brothers remember watching it when they were little, but I don't remember at all.

First time I watched Labyrinth was only a couple years ago, I think, maybe later, who knows? Who cares?

But yeah: I genuinely enjoyed Labyrinth and not for any sort of nostalgic reason. :smile:

Marie Antoinette

Been meaning to watch this for a long time, so decided to finally get around to doing so. I loved Dunst (for once), and her struggle trying to get her husband to sleep with her was hilarious to watch in places. I'm still confused as to why it took her so long to do so though. The look of the film was fantastic, but I just wished they'd bothered to develop certain aspects of the film more than they did, such as the affair she was having and then the ending which seemed to just come out of nowhere.

The trailer was rubbish (and unfunny), Apatow is hit and miss with me (and a tad over-rated), Sandler and Rogen can suck it for all I care. Hmm, I'll probably end up seeing it some point in the nearish future when friends want to watch it.

Oh wait, I have no friends...

(500) Days of Summer

Just what I needed after a meh day, a cynical love story! It started and ended on a great joke and there was a lot of good stuff in there and it was nice to see a non-rom-com. There's something so elastic about Zooey Deschanel's face, she seemed to keep looking different (and sounded like whoever played CeCe in 30 Rock) and something familiar about JGL's (I dunno what is with me and faces...).

I have such respect for JGL as an actor, he could have easily gone the by-the-numbers route after 3rd Rock but hes done such a great variety and wonderful perfomances. The "morning after the first time" scene was amazing.

Some great lines and stuff too. I particularly like the description "he has the face of Brad Pitt and the abs of Jesus."

And because its great;

final-destination-poster.jpg

Dire. A poor edition to a franchise I love. Aptly titled.

Fuck, finally someone else has seen it. I don't understand why everyone isn't rushing to see it.

disney.jpg

And yes, I am aware I've just seen The Final Destination. :-p

Edited by Daft
Automerged Doublepost

Ashley, would you recommend (500) Days of Summer? Been toying around with the idea of going to see it, mainly as there isn't anything else I want to see at the cinema but also because I want something light hearted to watch to round out my summer. So yeh, would you recommend it as being worthwhile?