N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

The Fifth Element

I must have seen this film well over 20 times and I never get tired of it. It's put together with such obvious care and love; there's nothing about it that I'd change. It has a little bit of everything, and whilst it likes to joke around and make fun of itself it's also a lot smarter than people give it credit for.

Forget top tens, this is my favourite movie.

"Perfick."

angels and demons

well, i wasn't raped. thats the best thing i can say about my experience seeing this abomination.

having read the book, i was of the opinion it would translate perfectly to the big screen, with its mystery, action, sense of pace and genuinly intriguing plot. all of which appear to have been left on the cutting room floor.

I can take changes to the plot of the book, after all, its difficult to cram a whole book into a single film, but honestly, youd think they would keep some key elemets in there.

my biggest quarel is that there are no relationships built in the film, every one stays the same to each outher throughout, though this is understandable, as prof langdon (tom hanks) asside there were no characters, just cardboard cut outsto further tom hanks adventure.

as the only character, langdon is the epitomy of cunt. his first scene he manages to be a dick to a guy before hes even out of the pool, and procedes to spend the next hour being a smug bastard out to piss every one off. he then becomes slightly less of a tool, but just slightly, as he capers around rome, being a bit of a twat to every one, and generaly having all the charisma of a potato.

the only saving grace of the film is a random arabic looking man walking along giving a dirty look for no reason outher then hes a muslim, and there fore suspicious.

the very worst kind of film, long, self satisfied and poorly made. avoid it like an ex at a party.

1/10

angels and demons

well, i wasn't raped. thats the best thing i can say about my experience seeing this abomination.

having read the book, i was of the opinion it would translate perfectly to the big screen, with its mystery, action, sense of pace and genuinly intriguing plot. all of which appear to have been left on the cutting room floor.

I can take changes to the plot of the book, after all, its difficult to cram a whole book into a single film, but honestly, youd think they would keep some key elemets in there.

my biggest quarel is that there are no relationships built in the film, every one stays the same to each outher throughout, though this is understandable, as prof langdon (tom hanks) asside there were no characters, just cardboard cut outsto further tom hanks adventure.

as the only character, langdon is the epitomy of cunt. his first scene he manages to be a dick to a guy before hes even out of the pool, and procedes to spend the next hour being a smug bastard out to piss every one off. he then becomes slightly less of a tool, but just slightly, as he capers around rome, being a bit of a twat to every one, and generaly having all the charisma of a potato.

the only saving grace of the film is a random arabic looking man walking along giving a dirty look for no reason outher then hes a muslim, and there fore suspicious.

the very worst kind of film, long, self satisfied and poorly made. avoid it like an ex at a party.

1/10

All I could think of throughout the trailer was the

Angels and Demons

The good parts are easy to mention: scenery and acting, despite the fact that no character has any sort of character development or a decent background story.

In short, they were just there.

Everything about this film comes out very average and way too many things are ill explained despite the lengthof the film.

1/3 of the film is spend with cameras panning around characters dramatically and air shots of Rome and became very tired early on in the film

As someone who read the novel I am very disappointed with how this film and was quite clearly made to get money out of the Da Vinci Code money train (which in my opinion is inferior to Angels and Demons)

Angels & Demonds 7/10

Well I hadn't read the book, watched the 9:00pm showing and thought the same kind of. The plot i managed to understand pretty much all of it, some parts were predictable, some parts unintentionally funny, but I guess I enjoyed it.

I think it suffered from what a lot of films fail at - believeability. The securtiy is laughable, the operations and the way the alliances are organised is dumb and you just felt the Poirot feeling the whole way through.

The film did hold your hand quite a lot and and another ridiculous ploy to get tension were the reminder of the lights switching off because of the search.

2 parts I thought were funny: the weird noises the professeur was making when he was in the archives. Tom Hanks may have just jerked off over the books. Can't remember the other part now. Throughout the film I couldn't stop thinking/reminding the to-be Pope was Obi Wan.

Edited by dwarf

Airplane

"Ever seen a grown man naked?" Genius. Definately glad Leslie Neilson went into comedy. He's awesome.

"Nervous?"

"Yes"

"First time?"

"No I've been nervous before"

9/10

A) You accidentally put 9/10 instead of 10/10

B) Its "No, I've been nervous lots of times"

:mad:

Angels and Demons

Having read the book, and thought of it as a much better story that DaVinci, I was disappointed in this film, but it was decent a watch, but could have been so much better. I agree with what the other members who were disappointed have to say, but I do think the film picked up after

they found the third cardinal who was on fire

but only because it get's more action packed after this and isn't as much of a talkie. I was disappointed with the

helicopter scene. Although it was visually good, Langdon was supposed to be in it too, dammit!

The rushed beginning. Langdon got to Rome in a helicopter very quickly didn't he? He got on some super fast jet or something in the book, that was made by the scientists, plus there was loads more time spent at CERN.

Also, did that scene in the Vatican archies, where the Oxygen runs out happen in the book? I don't recall that.

Drag's on in places and moves to quickly in others, but worth a watch if you like Hanks (who's still as watchable as ever, even if he does look a bit bored here), thrillers, conspiracy's and twists.

4.5/10

"You've got a telegram from headquarters"

"Headquarters? What is it?"

"It's a big building with generals but that's not important right now"

Classic!

Aladdin

Fantastic animation, songs and one of the best Disney animated features ever. Probably second after Alice in Wonderland

9.5/10

i'll give you the scenery being good, but the acting? i honestly cant think of any one who gave a good performance, hanks was pretty wooden, a low point for him i felt.

It was not outstanding but I never felt that it affected the quality of the film for worse.

A) True, but 10/10 has lost its impact since everyone uses it on the interweb. Admittedly I should have at least put 9.5. It's probably my favourite comedy ever.

Same here. Well Anchorman is joint, but I mean....this is Airplane! ....there'd be nothing without it. Not even life.

Even the visual gags.

*Chicks sings on guitar*

*Dude comes down from the ceiling*

"Billy....you ever seen a grown man naked?"

Same here. Well Anchorman is joint, but I mean....this is Airplane! ....there'd be nothing without it. Not even life.

Even the visual gags.

*Chicks sings on guitar*

*Dude comes down from the ceiling*

"Billy....you ever seen a grown man naked?"

My turn to correct you! It's Joey.

"Joey, have you ever been in a... in a Turkish prison?"

Oddly enough, I've been hankering for Anchorman recently.

*waddles off to watch anchorman*