Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Allow me to disagree.

Ok, there, I disagreed.

Nope, sorry, won't allow it.

He did a darned good job in ep3, it was a pretty intense role with lots of confilicting emotions. As far as Star Wars goes of course.

Not that he deserves an Oscar, but he certainly had good moments in ep3 and I won't ignore them just because he's shit.

Samuel L Jackson's acting was a lot worse than Hayden's in Jumper.

True.

To elaborate on 'Jumper is shit':

It's such a bland film. Nothing happens, the plot wavers between pointless and terrible at whim, the performances are dire and nobody involved really seems to give a fuck. In some ways, it's determined averageness is more offensive than an outright shit to the bone film like, urrr...street Fighter, or something. It was balls.

Saw V

I went to see this on my own last night. I felt like a loser.

Anyway, it was muuuch better than the bullshit that was Saw 4. I'm happy to see the obstacle course style traps back!

Story was much more complex, and I really was gripped thoughout it.

8/10.

Too much Jigsaw's accomplice shizzle was its only flaw.

Saw V

I went to see this on my own last night. I felt like a loser.

Anyway, it was muuuch better than the bullshit that was Saw 4. I'm happy to see the obstacle course style traps back!

Story was much more complex, and I really was gripped thoughout it.

8/10.

Too much Jigsaw's accomplice shizzle was its only flaw.

I'II never understand why people get so hung up about viewing/going to the movies solo. I saw Saw V as well last night- the tagline for the movie "You want believe the ending" had me wanting something a little more surprising.

However the traps were enjoyable enough to keep me entertained for the full 93mins.

I'II never understand why people get so hung up about viewing/going to the movies solo.

Same here. The last film I saw at the cinema [Taken] I did on my own, and I'm fairly sure the last couple of times I've been to the cinema Mummy has been with me, she drives me up there and pays [assisted by my Orange Wednesday].

I don't see the difference with going to the cinema with parents/friends/noone. You sit down. You shut up. You watch.

I prefer having someone to talk to about the movie afterwards. As long as I can manage that, I'm happy to go solo.

uh, yeah!

Pineapple Express

This film is so, so awesome. I expected to like it, but this is the business. It's a stoner comedy, raod trip buddy movie and a kick ass action movie rolled in to one, and really successfully. The dialogue is ace, James Franco is superb in it, as is Seth Rogan.

yeah, great :)

I like going to the movies alone. I actually preffer it, when it's a "serious" movie. When it's a comedy or a light flick, though, I'd rather be accompanied.

Nope, sorry, won't allow it.

He did a darned good job in ep3, it was a pretty intense role with lots of confilicting emotions. As far as Star Wars goes of course.

Not that he deserves an Oscar, but he certainly had good moments in ep3 and I won't ignore them just because he's shit.

I thought he was pretty lame. And considering he did win the razzie for worst supporting actor because of that role and the razzies are decided by popular vote, I think I'm not the only one. I mean, maybe it's a bit unfair that he got the razzie when he was up against the guy who starred in Son of the Mask, but as far as the whole ep3 (and ep2, for that matter) goes, he's the worst thing in the movie, no questions asked. Seriously, I just recently saw it with my bros, he's that bad. :(

I like going to the movies alone. I actually preffer it, when it's a "serious" movie. When it's a comedy or a light flick, though, I'd rather be accompanied.

I thought he was pretty lame. And considering he did win the razzie for worst supporting actor because of that role and the razzies are decided by popular vote, I think I'm not the only one. I mean, maybe it's a bit unfair that he got the razzie when he was up against the guy who starred in Son of the Mask, but as far as the whole ep3 (and ep2, for that matter) goes, he's the worst thing in the movie, no questions asked. Seriously, I just recently saw it with my bros, he's that bad. :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

seriously, episode 1-3 are fucking terrible, to pick up on his bad acting while natalie portman stood and gave consistantly cringe worthy performances seems a little harsh. i'm just going to pretend the only film portman ever made was leon.

oh and btw, anikin from ep 1 picks up my persoanl award for worst perfomance of all time. dont care hes a little kid, he was awful.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

seriously, episode 1-3 are fucking terrible, to pick up on his bad acting while natalie portman stood and gave consistantly cringe worthy performances seems a little harsh. i'm just going to pretend the only film portman ever made was leon.

oh and btw, anikin from ep 1 picks up my persoanl award for worst perfomance of all time. dont care hes a little kid, he was awful.

Now there you go and blow things out of proportion. That's uncalled for.

And about Portman, you've got to be nuts. She's got so many great performances!!! Closer, Garden State, V for Vendetta, Cold Mountain, Goya's Ghosts(christ that movie sucked so much ass) , My Blueberry Nights... And then she's quite ok in Heat, Mars Attacks, and pretty much everything she's been in... :indeed:

Who would you have preferred to take the role of older Anakin?

Peter Sarsgaard or Michael Pitt.

Ghost Town

Going in to the film knowing absolutely nothing about it except Ricky Gervais was in it meant I honestly did not know how the film was going to turn out. I knew zilch about it. However, what I ended up getting was a really enjoyable film which was funny for the most part with some hit and miss.

However I will say that the story doesn't feel at all original. Tried and tested, done many times before, predictable. Also Greg Kinnear really irritated me during the film. Not good for someone who's on screen often.

Regardless, I really enjoyed it. Thus I'll use..is it killthenet's rating system?

Enjoyment: 9/10

Film: 6.5/10

Bender's Big Score

Still funny. Even though it's essentially a long episode, it's probably one of the best films from an animated TV series (then again, there's not really any competition). I love all the references (apart from the Seymour one. It just spoils the ending of Jurassic Bark a bit...which is the only time a TV show made me cry inside) even if a few are a tad forced.

8.5/10

The Beast With A Billion Backs

I loved this even more than the first, even if it does feel a lot more like a few episodes put together.

8.7/10

Burn After Reading

Starts of extremely boring, then picks up after the phone call to the spy. Some great funny moments and a really good/strange plot. Pitt was awesome in it (although Clooney was boring most of the way through the film). A good watch.

7/10