Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Recently seen Be Kind Rewind and liked it. Not a groundbreaking movie but it had lots of charm. Unfortunately you do get to see far too much in the trailer but there is a lot of stuff about community and spirit that make the movie. Probably a bit overly fuzzy.

6/10

Paj, no offense, I quite like you... but you're what we call a "she-man". Name one single sci-fi movie you like or don't consider overrated.

Wow, thanks. :blank:

I like Alien 1-4.

Alien and Aliens are two of my favourite/the best films of their (respective) genres ever.

I love superhero universes and stuff, so I love all those films, even ones liek Catwoman and Elektra, which are pretty shit.

Oh yeah, terminator 1 and 2 are up there with Alien and Aliens.

I liked Star Trek Nemesis, and the entirety of that series (New Frontier? Can't remember, not seen it in ages).

I liked Matrix 1. Not seen the others. LOVE Animatrix.

I'm a sci-fi fan, but I tend to like sci-fi where theres conflict of human vs. alien force/power.

Star Wars is that in a way, and tbh, I NEED to watch them all again, I watched them when I was very young. They're just overrated.

I mean, I respect that they redefined cinema or whatever, but sometimes you have to put that to one side and see if they hold up after all this time.

And they do greatly. Amazingly so. But that doesn't change them being overrated. :)

Aimless: That's a pretty good rundown of Alien3. :)

I love it. I'm a pretty big fan of the Alien films, although I did personally disown Resurrection. It's just not...right. :(

I've read the Alien3 script which predominantly features Bishop and Hicks, and thought that was an awesome script. It's got a different feel to how Alien3 turned out, and would have featured quite nicely inbetween Aliens and what we got in Alien3. Shame it'll never happen.

But, back to Alien3. I love it, man. It's definitely truer to the original than both Aliens and Resurrection, imo. The Alien is a terrific hunter, and very menacing. The orange-y feel of the fiery prison world and the prisoners themselves both add great character to this movie.

It was brutal to kill off Hicks and Newt, but I think Ripley was meant to be 'alone' in this film. She is meant to lose everyone who is important to her, and this enhances her hatred for the beast; losing the crew of the nostromo, the marines, hicks, newt, and also her daughter as a result of being away so long in the hypersleep.

I just love this saga so much. :)

9/10

The first two films should take the form of humans, and then they can be hung by every Star Wars fan in the world for high treason.

The third is decent, but even then it's still not a mark or even a dent on the originals.

Acting is important, as is the script, Mr Lucas.

:bowdown: I'm don't know a whole lot about films, but BTTF is my favourite film series ever. Watched it again and again and it's still endlessly entertaining.

Me and my friend keep 'doing' bits from the second film.

I say to her "beepbeepbeepbeepbeep Drying mode ON....jacket drying"

And she says "You're jacket is now dry!"

Haha, its on my facebook wall, dude. Check eet out. :)

And we say to each other "Maaaarty!" or "Well...since-when-did-you-become th'physical-type!"

Totally love that trilogy. :)

So how many people actually like the SW prequels?

*Puts hand up*

IMO AOTC and ROTS are "Fecking awesome" bar the odd so bad I can't look scene here and there.

I really love you more and more each day add me to msn so we can have cybersex.

Me and my friend keep 'doing' bits from the second film.

I say to her "beepbeepbeepbeepbeep Drying mode ON....jacket drying"

And she says "You're jacket is now dry!"

Haha, its on my facebook wall, dude. Check eet out. :)

And we say to each other "Maaaarty!" or "Well...since-when-did-you-become th'physical-type!"

Totally love that trilogy. :)

:laughing:

Me and my brother like to do that too. Especially with these lines:

Doc: "The only thing that has a power of 1.2 gigawatts is a bolt of lightning!"

Marty: "What did you just say?"

Doc: "A bolt of lightning!"

If we could remember any other lines, we'd do them too. :indeed:

I think my favourite BTTF line is

'Gimmie a milk. Chocolate!'

*barman slides a milkshake down the diner, saloon style*

It's amazing.

Ahhh Dan, that's definitely my favourite line too. He's so lame but so awesome all at the same time. Fantastic.

I'm shocked that there are people who've never seen either of the Back To The Future films. Along with TMNT, Dick Tracy and Neverending Story they were a staple of my childhood.

III is definately the worst, but its still highly enjoyable. Like Dan said, its a western, what's not to like and it has Mary Steenburgen as an old west amateur astronomer. Can't beat that.