NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Ouch, that breaks my heart.
haha, yeah I thought it would for many people, but honestly I just don't get why it's considered by many to be the best of the lot! I actually think it's just a little dull, still great! but compared to the rest...

I really like meeting Yoda and everything that happens on Dagobah, but with more of a focus on Han and Leia, Lando and Cloud City *yawn*...

plus when you've heard the whole "No... I am your father" thing once, the film looses the impact of that in any subsequent viewing!

Well I might as well rate the Star Wars films as I've watched them so much!

It's not easy! I think something along the lines of...

Episode I - 8/10

Episode II - 8/10

Episode III - 9.5/10

Episode IV - 9/10

Episode V - 7/10

Episode VI - 9/10

are you nuts!!!!

you gave episode II higher than V?

3 is the best star wars film ever?

For gods sake.. it's your opinion but in this case your opinion is just WRONG.:)

Episode I - 6/10

Episode II - 5/10

Episode III - 7/10

Episode IV - 8/10

Episode V - 9/10

Episode VI - 9/10

haha, yeah I thought it would for many people, but honestly I just don't get why it's considered by many to be the best of the lot! I actually think it's just a little dull, still great! but compared to the rest...

!

......i want to kill you... in the nicest way possible of course:)

I really like meeting Yoda and everything that happens on Dagobah, but with more of a focus on Han and Leia, Lando and Cloud City *yawn*...

plus when you've heard the whole "No... I am your father" thing once, the film looses the impact of that in any subsequent viewing!

Don't worry I wont hold it against you. :smile:

These would be my scores.. (let the fanboyism shine through)

EP I - 7

EP II - 7

EP III - 9

EP IV - 10

EP V - 10

EP VI - 10

(and I don't hand out 10's often)

King Kong (Peter Jackson) 8/10

Some people don't like the length of the movie and complain it's too long but this doesn't bother me. I liked it and didn't get bored.

I love King Kong! :D

I have watched the ending 3 times now in this movie and several other times in the original and other re makes but him dying makes me so SAD! :(

the best thing abut empire strikes back is the fact that the empire wins at the end..

Are there many other movies where you can think that the bad guys win at end(and yes i agree that episode 3 was like this too but that was like almost 30 years later)

the fight scene between luke and vader was brilliant as well.

and HOTH.....how can we forget HOTH.

VI was as good but those annoying little creatues ruined it.

Watched Minority Report for the first time in ages last night. Very well made film and there are lots of elements that make it great but it just isnt quite gripping enough.

8/10

ok, star wars it is

Ep.1 5/10

Ep.2 6/10

Ep.3 7.5/10

Ep.4 8/10

Ep.5 8/10

Ep.6 8/10

whole serise is a little over rated realy, good but not amazine.

have a friend who prefers the origionals. says he cant watch old movies as the effects suck. he also likes scrappy do and dosent like comedy without a laughter trak as he dosent know when to laugh.

Howl's Moving Castle

Impressive art and animation. The story could've been explained better, but other than that a great movie.

8/10

Transformers - It brought me back to my childhood, far better than i was expecting.

8/10

ROBOTS IS DISGUISE!

ewoks were annoying though. i find it hard to belive that the empire got into power if teddy bears with sticks could best it.

havign said that, it kind of makes me think of veitnam, all be it in a less violent manner.

Death Sentence

The movie flows along the predictable revenge storyline. However that may be considered it's selling point as the movie feels like a complete homage to revenge movies, where most of the time you just think to yourself "Awesome!" at the familiar circumstances. Familiar because they were great in the first place in films such as Taxi Driver, Death Wish, Memento etc.

It's lowest point is that the dialog could have really had some work over. Most of the time you just feel that some of the family scenes are overly cheesy and cliched. It does have some deep, thought provoking moments in it, usually delivered by an otherwise quite useless recurring police detective.

The ending is also quite extraordinary as the movie conveys a family mans dark spiral until revenge completely consumes him. Whats nice is that it is not an immediate thing, the movie shows that he is struggling becoming this murderer and I think that slightly sets it apart from films where revenge ends up being an instant decision in our protagonist.

In all, Great action and great shots/scenes and some great characterization for Bacons character but only when he is without the cheesy family patter. 7/10

Phantom Menace: 3/10

Attack of the Clones: 4/10

Revenge of the Sith: 3/10

Star Wars: 8/10

The Empire Strikes Back: 9/10

Return of the Jedi: 6/10

Empire and the original are the only 'good' ones in my opinion.

The King of Kong

A documentary following one man on a mission to get the highest score on the classic Donkey Kong. It features villains, heros...and nerds. I quite enjoyed it, and wasn't even sure it was all factual until I looked it up. Apparently it has gone down a storm in USA.

8/10.

Also saw the Bourne Ultimatum. Gripping action sequences, some clever tricks and overall good acting.

Also gets an 8/10.

I like Teddy Bears with sticks.

I do not like the new films, at all.

Although the newest one was funny.

I saw the movie Stay yesterday, and it was quite good, I'd rate it 6/10 (note, for me, 5/10 is watch-worthy while 10/10 is so friggin' awesome I'd only give it to like 2 movies)

And for me, watch-worthy is a good score, I don't watch or like crap movies and thus I don't finish watching that many movies.

star wars - empire strikes back ... 9/10 : needs more chewey. ^_^

believe it or not i'd never seen any of the star wars movies till last week... i'd been cursed and bad stuff always happened when i tried to watch them! for example, my friend anton rubbished the idea of me being cursed and insisted we watch it on his computer (a new hope) ... half way through... crash! the computer broke.

but recently something must have shifted in the balance of my film-cursedness and now i can watch them ^___^ soon-ish: return of the jedi! woo.

The films i have watched over the past few days

The Number 23

Great movie, made me think in places. Shows Jim Carrey in a serious role for a change. This gets 8.5/10

Ace Ventura -Pet Detective

Watched it tonight, great movie with some great humor throughout. A humorous Jim Carrey movie which he portrays so well. 9/10

Wild Hogs

Tim Allen joins this star studied movie. A great bike movie and one of Tims best non-animated or Disney movie. 9/10

The Lord of The Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring

Saw it on Sunday, great movie by Peter Jackson. Is better than the book 9.5/10