NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Superbad

"Critics are calling Atonement breathtaking, and "as close to perfect as a film can get""

Pffftt, Fucking losers! Superbad is fucking awesome. Fucking awesome. So funny. RIGHT up my way of comedy, but of course it would be. Michael Cera is fucking awesome as Evan, and he adopts the "Frat Packy" down to earth speech stlye AMAZINGLY.

So good. Instant DVD buy.

9/10

Some of us have a more mature palette for the arts. Some of us don't.

(He was referring to me about the Atonement thing, BTW. I said I'd prefer to see Atonement over Superbad. Shock horror)

I know it'd be good, i'm saying it's shit like I said Transformers was, then saw it and it was worse than I thought.

It's just Atonement is so much more interesting to me.

Some of us have a more mature palette for the arts. Some of us don't.

(He was referring to me about the Atonement thing, BTW. I said I'd prefer to see Atonement over Superbad. Shock horror)

I know it'd be good, i'm saying it's shit like I said Transformers was, then saw it and it was worse than I thought.

It's just Atonement is so much more interesting to me.

Yeah, but you just can;t compare the 2 movies. They are completely different things. Someone can see superbad and enjoy it and still have a "mature enough pallate for the arts".

Yeah, but you just can;t compare the 2 movies. They are completely different things. Someone can see superbad and enjoy it and still have a "mature enough pallate for the arts".

Yus. Good old guilty pleasures.

Personally, I'd rather see Superbad because im an Arrested Development fan. Atonement looks like it will be a good film, but WWI (or is it WWII? I forget) dramas don't really interest me. Actually historic dramas in general don't interest me.

I Want Candy: 6/10

Well, it was reasonably funny, and didn't really try to be anything else. However, it was hardly sublime. :heh:

The Last King of Scotland: 10/10

This was brilliant, I loved the way it portrayed the ever increasing madness of Amin.

Howl's Moving Castle: 9.5/10

Easily the best Miyazaki film I've seen. The animation is phenomenal, and you're constantly surprised visually. It loses marks because the story is a bit cheesy and doesn't always make sense, but then again it is for kids. (and this means the Japanese is nice and easy to understand)

Word Ashely.

Lets take Titanic for example...actually thats a bad example...too much action and boobs.

Erm... A History of Violence. Hardly anything other than drama and story (Ie not much action at all) but an awesome film.

Superbad is just so friggin sweet.

Go see it now! Go go! :)

Next

Awesome movie, really liked it. The special fx weren't very good, but who cares.

The devils rejects

Umm, it scared the hell out of me in places. It wasn't exactly brilliant though. I'm sure the ending had that sort of "to hell with it" message but it was still a bit crap.

6/10

Curse of the Golden Flower

Really not up to scratch. Spent too much time describing the family relationship rather than developing characters. In the end you don't relate or feel for any of the characters. Add complete over exaggerations(When chan realizes the awful truth lol) and a pointess battle where armies easily wipe another out until easily wiped out by another, then they are wiped out by another...etc, etc. Boring.

Was also annoyed by the fact that everyone can bloody do martial arts. The whole point is that it is supposed to be stand out characters who can fight but when spoiled princes, medicine girls, old woman and old fat doctors can all do kick as martial arts you kind of lose the magic.

In the likes of Hero, CTHD and HOFD the fighting was supposed to be by experts whereas in this it felt any old joe could do kung fu which made it less special I suppose.

The art direction was also way too colourfull making everything feel quite flat or over complex. Hero and HOFD had it spot on and this tried to replicate it.

Far too long for what was essentially a shell of a film. 5/10

Disturbia

I loved every second of it. Great characters, some great scary moments, a perv staring out at window a a hot girl and a pyscho thrown into the mix.

Awesome.

9/10

Superbad

Lot of hype surrounding this movie so I was really looking forward to it, unfortunately I was disapointed. Yes it had some funny moments in it but overall I think there are much funnier movies. Plus two of the three main characters I just didnt give a damn about.

6/10

Cant wait to see Disturbia on Wednesday.

It's bluddy brilliant. I want to go and see it agin next week. Shia is awesome in it. The only thing is, in quite a few places it's utterly predictable, I guessed what was going to happen next before it did (to the dismay of the rest of the cinema), but still I loved it. Some bits were suprising too though.

Superbad.

Insanely funny, the dialogue is delivered perfectly. Shits over any other teen comedy.

8/10

Atonement

The first act seemed boring but took a drastic turn about half way through, I was pleasantly surprised by it's downbeat ending too.

7/10

Highlander: The Animation

It's passable, nice quality, great colors, good soundtrack some cheesy stuff here and there, but entertaining nonetheless. Also, very 90'ish. And it featured the typical black kid from 90s american cartoons.

I Want Candy: 6/10

Well, it was reasonably funny, and didn't really try to be anything else. However, it was hardly sublime. :heh:

But it mentions my home town leatherhead so is 10/10

oh and I saw Godfather tonight 10/10 but as I just gave that to I want candy 11/11

The Bourne Ultimatium

My only problem with this film was the Guardian journalist: why a scruffy girl-man when Charlie Brooker could kill most men with a single, enranged glare.

8/10

"I'm in ur office stelin ur planz."

haha. Charlie Brooker would have been superb. Did you see the opening line of the article that got scraped? sounded amazing.

Next

Awesome movie, really liked it. The special fx weren't very good, but who cares.

Oh wow, you're kidding right?? I find myself agreeing with most of the rotten reviews here:

http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/next/

Horrible movie imo, though glad you liked it.