NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

The Dambusters

Worth watching again just to see how much George Lucas ripped off the dam bombings for his own Death Star attack. I'm literally talking whole lines of dialogue and sequences here. Seriously, all that's missing is a sodding wookie.

8/10

Any of these sound slightly familiar?

"I'm going to cut across them and try and draw their fire."

"How many guns do you see?"

"Say about ten guns: some on the surface, some in the tower."

"What about that tower?"

"You worry about keeping her in the air, I'll worry about the tower!"

"Look at that thing: it's enormous!"

<Cut to tense control room>

Star Wars Episode II

Awesome movie, great fights, some secondary parts have terrible acting though. Still love it.

The Girl Next Door

Elisha.... *drools*

Sunshine:

The movie really has nothing to say. It's a Good-lookin' movie, but that's no good if there's nothing to say (the Climate Change allegory is super-weak). All good movies do, even a film like Spiderman.

Now: This is Shane Meadows!

(Sympathy For) Lady Vengeance

9.6/10

One of my favourite films ever. This is my third time watching it. It's just awesome.

I sooo want to watch that movie.

I sooo want to watch that movie.

Go and buy it now! It pwns all! : peace:

over the hedge -

surprisingly good, didnt have high hopes for it as had heard wasnt very good. I really liked it thou was pretty funny

7/10

over the hedge -

surprisingly good, didnt have high hopes for it as had heard wasnt very good. I really liked it thou was pretty funny

7/10

Same, I really liked it.

Out of Time

It seems the title was in referrence to the script writer.

A police chief has an affair with a woman who has cancer and wants to flee to Switzerland. He gives her confiscated drug money but she gets killed and her house is burned down and he will get her life insurance. He was also seen at the house that night.

So he would have the perfect motive and what's even worse the DEA wants the drug money.

So he tries to cover up his relation to her but it's portraited like it's the right thing to do that and in the end he doesn't get punished for it.

The rest of the film is boring and unimaginative and between the beginning and ending there's basically no main story at all.

It made me even a bit sad to see high class actors like Denzel Washington and Eva Mendez star in this film but at least it made it a little bit more watchable.

4/10

Edit: fixed the title

Pan's lybarenth.

well, I'm not a huge fan of subtitles, i feel that i might be missing somthing while im reading them, so i was a little disserpointed to see the dvd didn't have an english sound track, but i gave it a go any way. Very glad I did. visualy speaking, the films a masterpeice, the costumes were great, the imagination behind the caracters (pan especialy) was breathtaking. I also liked the contrast of the stories running, and how the film was sort of left to your interpritation.

8/10

Akira

first time watching it today, gotta say it wasnt what i expected, but i dont mean that as a bad thing. anouther visual treat. the storyline was well structured, several different lines converging. guess this might open me up to anime a bit.

8/10

Harsh Times

While the film suffers from being too identical to training day sometimes, it's very interesting and has amazing acting by Bale and er... Carla's brother. Really cool.

Pan's lybarenth.

well, I'm not a huge fan of subtitles, i feel that i might be missing somthing while im reading them, so i was a little disserpointed to see the dvd didn't have an english sound track, but i gave it a go any way. Very glad I did. visualy speaking, the films a masterpeice, the costumes were great, the imagination behind the caracters (pan especialy) was breathtaking. I also liked the contrast of the stories running, and how the film was sort of left to your interpritation.

8/10

Akira

first time watching it today, gotta say it wasnt what i expected, but i dont mean that as a bad thing. anouther visual treat. the storyline was well structured, several different lines converging. guess this might open me up to anime a bit.

8/10

Akira got me into animie too. I would have given it 9/10.. it's gorgoeus.

Speed

Had not watched this in years! Remembered all the bus stuff of course, but I didn't remember much about the subway and elevator part's, so it did feel a bit fresh to me. Sandra Bullock is so annoying tho!

8/10

Lord of the Rings Two Towers 6 and a half bears out of seven! :grin:

I have watched each film so many times that i know what score to give it. :) but i'm in the middle of watching it (again) at the moment. I'm at the battle of Helms Deep. :D

Pan's lybarenth.

Just watched it today. I agree with this guy 100%.

"Pan's Labyrinth" is great, but "The Spirit Of The Beehive", although not at all recent, does the same thing with much greater subtlety and is probably a more beautiful film. They do fairly different things, but the basic theme is the same.

Looking forward to "The Orphanage", which looks to be of a similar aesthetic to Pan, and has been compared to it in reviews.

Inside Man

Now the title is a bit misleading but it's actually a very well made thriller that goes a bit too smooth I think. Everything works as planned for both parties it almost seemed and the differences between the Jodie Foster character and the one of Denzel Washington felt quite artificial and didn't really influence their work. It could also be that I missed quite a lot of details due to a sleep Konfucius.

Anyways worth a watch.

7/10

Out of Time

Awesome film where big ol D Washington, the chief of police for a small Florida town, somehow ends up with all the evidence pointing towards him in double homicide.

The film isn't really much about action, and actually plays more like a slick, fast, comedy/action as Denzel has to obtain the evidence before the detectives and alter it to protect himself while he also attempts to find out who has framed him.

Totally enjoyable, comedy/action romp. Watch out for the superb character played by John Billingsley(Dr. Phox in star trek: enterprise).8/10

Minnâ-yatteruka! aka Are You Getting Any?

Pretty funny actually. Lots of dull moments here and there but the non-sense japanese humour won me over.

saw 28 weeks later this afternoon.

Holy shit. I'd heard it was good but that opening five mins is quite possibly one of the most nerve racking, disturbing and alarming scenes I've ever seen. The rest didn't let it down either and it was a really good follow up to the first movie. Everyone needs to see this.

8 not zombies of the dead

saw the thrill of it all, despite it being made in the fifties its a light funny film with abit of a serious undertone, i would recommend it to fans of doris day and rock hudson.

7/10

also, pans labarinth ruled

Superbad

"Critics are calling Atonement breathtaking, and "as close to perfect as a film can get""

Pffftt, Fucking losers! Superbad is fucking awesome. Fucking awesome. So funny. RIGHT up my way of comedy, but of course it would be. Michael Cera is fucking awesome as Evan, and he adopts the "Frat Packy" down to earth speech stlye AMAZINGLY.

So good. Instant DVD buy.

9/10