Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

SSBM - Who do you go?

Charlie

Everyone's got their own character in SSBM, who's yours?

My favourite is Roy because of his smash attacks, they're just so good. I used to go Ganondorf and Yoshi before I discovered how good the c-stick is. I ditched Yoshi because he doesn't have triple jump like all the others so it's harder to get back on after you've been hit off (Roy has a sort of quadriple jump, press left/right + B and you can reach a little bit further each time you press, do your normal triple jump first though).

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Young Link, whilst he isn't as powerfull as the adult version his great speed makes up for it although his left/right smash doesn't actually send them anywhere which can get a bit annoying when you forget (although it is good for drawing them in for another attack, e.g. down smash which does actually send them flying and hits people on both sides ^_^ )

Guest Ray Falling

Roy always. Cause I like to show off doing that double edge dance. And the Flare Blade is so cool n_n. Counter is ace too.

I own with Pikachu but thats getting old. Sometimes its fun to surprise people by beating them as Jigglypuff (rest is evil *giggles* )

Also play as Kirby alot cause he's overall very good. But mostly Roy. Can't lose. n_n

Its more fun though if yer opponent knows all the dodge moves and stuff cause if they dont you can beat em as anyone really n_n

--Ray

Pikachu! He was my favourite in the N64 one so he carried through into the Cube one for me. Nice and fast, nimble, small, good at jumping... some good moves like thunder and his throw is quality.

However, Ive never even touched the c-stick while playing this. Well all I thought it did was make the menu's tilt, cant think of anything else I used it for. What you ones talking about, cheats??

pikatchu, always something satisfying about beating people with such a universally loathed character. jiglypuff also works. I quite like roy and mew2 aswell, roybecasue he kicks ass and mew2 for that one throw where he makes the person spin around the straight up off the screen.

darksnowman, you cna use the c-stick to perform smash attacks quickly. its a little cheating by being able to pull of a smash attack so easily. but its an uncharged smash attack, so not as powerful as if u do one normally and charge before you smash. on a related note, it makes the menus tilt???

Guest Ray Falling
Roy's my boy. And its likely I'll use him most the time online in SSBR too. I hope theres many new characters though, Golden Sun characters anyone?

Though I'd love Golden Sun characters in SSBM they arnt Nintendo classic characters 0_0 so I'm not sure if they are allowed n_n but I'd love it anyway.

Maybe they'll go non-Nintendo classic on Rev SSBM but the point to SSB was its classic Nintendo characters fighting eachother, not just any character from any random game ;_;

--Ray

I'm all about Faclon, fast moving and powerful. His only downfall is that there is a slight pause before each move. Luckily my timing is perfect and i'm really good at faking out counter happy characters.

When we play doubles my mate uses Link, and we are unbeatable. My second character is Samus, but mainly because I love Metroid games.

Obviously we gonna try and set up some matches on Revo-Europe, but maybe we could set up a doubles tournament aswell.