Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

Recommended Posts

Talked myself out of it on my dog walk, come back home and open this thread back up and will power is leaving my body 😂

My new plan is to put aside some money over the next few months ready to buy it out right, not convinced being "locked in" to it is the best idea at the moment, at least with just Game Pass I can just drop it any time... Christ I've got myself in a right pickle with this 😂 maybe I just buy Mario Golf on the 25th and be done with it 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Talked myself out of it on my dog walk, come back home and open this thread back up and will power is leaving my body 😂

My new plan is to put aside some money over the next few months ready to buy it out right, not convinced being "locked in" to it is the best idea at the moment, at least with just Game Pass I can just drop it any time... Christ I've got myself in a right pickle with this 😂 maybe I just buy Mario Golf on the 25th and be done with it 😛

Bloody hell just buy it and get it over with. 😂

No, in seriousness, there probably isn’t much incentive to jump over to it yet. There’s still no exclusive games, and even though Quick Resume is legit a game changer, and I love how fast and fluid the UI is now, AND the new controller being *chefs kiss*, it is mostly about the games. And you’re good on that front yet with last gen. 

Having said all that, I wouldn’t wanna go back to a One over a Series now. Like having Billy Bear ham and fillet steak. 😊

Edited by Aneres11
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2021 at 1:19 PM, Ganepark32 said:

Anyone wanting a Gamepass machine, i.e. a Xbox Series S, GAME are doing an in store trade in deal where you can get a Series S for as much as half price or as little as £39.99 when you trade in various consoles. The deal runs out on June 14th apparently.

This is what you have to pay if you trade in the following hardware:

PS4 500GB - £99.99

PS4 1TB - £79.99

PS4 Slim 500GB - £79.99

PS4 Slim 1TB - £59.99

PS4 Pro - £49.99

Xbox One 500GB (original) - £129.99

Xbox One 1TB (original) - £119.99

Xbox One S 500GB - £99.99

Xbox One S 1TB - £89.99

Xbox One X - £49.99

Switch - £39.99

Switch Lite - £99.99

Not a bad deal of you don't mind going digital or if you've got a PS5/Gaming PC and have one of the older consoles sitting in storage. Tempted myself as I'm still rocking an original Xbox One as a Gamepass/media machine and getting it for half price isn't too bad. Shame you have to head in store but my local GAME, when I've passed in one of the few times I've been in town, has been dead with no one to be seen inside other than the staff.

 

Kinda tempting. Once I set up my PS5, the PS4 will be redundant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i've got it set up and downloading Froza Horizon 4 from Gamepass.

I'm getting some wierd speeds. I'm getting anywhere from a few kbps to about 200mbps. Is this normal?

and is there any way to turn this thing off while my stuff downloads in the background?

I'm comming off a PS4 and i'm kinda used to stuff downloading while the machine is in standby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, martinist said:

So i've got it set up and downloading Froza Horizon 4 from Gamepass.

I'm getting some wierd speeds. I'm getting anywhere from a few kbps to about 200mbps. Is this normal?

and is there any way to turn this thing off while my stuff downloads in the background?

I'm comming off a PS4 and i'm kinda used to stuff downloading while the machine is in standby.

I was getting between 80-150mbps even on a gigabit connection. Going down so low is not something I experienced, however.

Games will continue downloading when the system is off (on standby) and when you're in-game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the fans ment to be running all the time? I can't hear the fans themselves but when i put my hand over the top vent i can feel air being blown out even when the console is off.

I've got it set to instant on mode. Will they stop if i put it in power saving mode? or would that effect my background downloads?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, martinist said:

Are the fans ment to be running all the time? I can't hear the fans themselves but when i put my hand over the top vent i can feel air being blown out even when the console is off.

I've got it set to instant on mode. Will they stop if i put it in power saving mode? or would that effect my background downloads?

According to this, looks like that's normal. Gotta keep itself cool while still ticking over. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, martinist said:

So i've got it set up and downloading Froza Horizon 4 from Gamepass.

I'm getting some wierd speeds. I'm getting anywhere from a few kbps to about 200mbps. Is this normal?

and is there any way to turn this thing off while my stuff downloads in the background?

I'm comming off a PS4 and i'm kinda used to stuff downloading while the machine is in standby.

The console will download stuff when kept on standby, so long as the option is turned on in the Standby settings menu.

One thing to keep in mind is that downloads will be a LOT slower if you have a game running in the background (which is most likely why you’re seeing such variable download speeds).  If you want to download a game at max speed? Quit whatever games you’ve got suspended in the background.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight was supposed to be the night I get home from work, drive to Argos to collect my Series X and then come home to tell you all that Wave Race: Blue Storm is better than Forza Horizon 4..

..and it is! I've had it since Sunday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nekunando said:

Tonight was supposed to be the night I get home from work, drive to Argos to collect my Series X and then come home to tell you all that Wave Race: Blue Storm is better than Forza Horizon 4..

..and it is! I've had it since Sunday.

Wouldn’t the main Forza series be more to your liking? IIRC, you aren’t keen on open world driving games and prefer track based ones, correct? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, nekunando said:

Tonight was supposed to be the night I get home from work, drive to Argos to collect my Series X and then come home to tell you all that Wave Race: Blue Storm is better than Forza Horizon 4..

..and it is! I've had it since Sunday.

You should give Dirt 5 a go! Much more arcadey and free on Game Pass. I absolutely loved it having bought it at launch with my Series X. Think it’s a great game! 
Certainly poured way more into it vs Forza Horizon, but I think I have a little fatigue with that series now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Wouldn’t the main Forza series be more to your liking? IIRC, you aren’t keen on open world driving games and prefer track based ones, correct? 

In that respect, yes.. but in most other ways, probably not :heh:

Generally, I'm not into more realistic 'simulation' racing games so the lighter aspects of Horizon are probably more appealing.. but yes, the open world nature of it is likely to be what wears me down eventually. It's weird to say, but I sometimes find it hard to judge how much I ultimately enjoy those games as I'm playing them :red:

Gamepass has so much content, though. It's difficult to know where to start!

I've downloaded a number of games (Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay, Master Chief Collection and FIFA 21, amongst a few others) but, as was anticipated and likely to be the main barrier to me fully appreciating what is on offer, there just aren't enough hours in the day. I've had very little time to be absorbed in anything and with the amount of games available, it's so easy just to keep jumping between everything and never really settling 

I expected this, though, and hope that I'll eventually see the benefits of owning the system. I can absolutely see that if it's your only console and have a subscription to Gamepass, you're laughing! Endless hours of fun!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

You should give Dirt 5 a go! Much more arcadey and free on Game Pass. I absolutely loved it having bought it at launch with my Series X. Think it’s a great game! 
Certainly poured way more into it vs Forza Horizon, but I think I have a little fatigue with that series now. 

I played a couple of races on PS5 as my bro had it and I have it downloaded on XBOX already but haven't started it myself.

I've still got a lot to do in Dirt Rally 2.0 on PS4 (which I love) as well as lots of challenges in Drive Club to go back to (which I also love :grin:)

It just makes the unnecessary lunacy of my purchase even more obvious than it clearly was already!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nekunando said:

It just makes the unnecessary lunacy of my purchase even more obvious than it clearly was already!

Just blame Nick and his bullying ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Just blame Nick and his bullying ways.

Haha.. na, it's totally on me! I had the idea of getting one in my head for weeks and I was eventually gonna try it out one way or another.

We all know how it will turn out, that's the funniest part..

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, nekunando said:

Haha.. na, it's totally on me! I had the idea of getting one in my head for weeks and I was eventually gonna try it out one way or another.

We all know how it will turn out, that's the funniest part..

Nope. I’m not letting him off that easy.

243425.gif?b64lines=IFRISVMgRm9ydW0gbWVt

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So.. even though I have 3 months of GamePass to use without further payment, I fear the value of trade in to CeX will drop if I don't sell it to them soon so tonight may well be my farewell.

Forgive me.

 

Edited by nekunando
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/06/2021 at 7:50 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

Nope. I’m not letting him off that easy.

243425.gif?b64lines=IFRISVMgRm9ydW0gbWVt

I'm an admin and I approve this message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I could ever get used to the layout of the A, B, X and Y buttons anyway.. 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I don't think I could ever get used to the layout of the A, B, X and Y buttons anyway.. 😅

Yep, this is me.

I can adapt pretty well when I'm playing an XBox game as long as the game doesn't actually tell me what a button does.
Because the moment a big massive prompt telling me to press Y shows up. I will press the left face button, 100% of the time!

Shenmue 2 was an effing nightmare because of this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yep, this is me.

I can adapt pretty well when I'm playing an XBox game as long as the game doesn't actually tell me what a button does.
Because the moment a big massive prompt telling me to press Y shows up. I will press the left face button, 100% of the time!

Shenmue 2 was an effing nightmare because of this!

Haha.. despite what I said, I managed to eventually get to grips with it on Dreamcast because of the QTEs!

A and B aren't as much of a problem but, like you, as soon as I'm prompted to press X or Y, I inevitably hit the wrong one 😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Xbox buttons have been a pain in the neck for me too. I'm hopeless with the face buttons. Especially cancelling and confirming. Switching between the Xbox and Switch is a nightmare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn this thing attracts fingerprints like Chris Hansen attracts child predators.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this