NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

There's a third present? You didn't use my toilet, did you? :D 

If it helps you narrow down the possibilities, it is something I tried to attach to the funky message I sent yesterday evening but the game wouldn't let me attach it! Also made a comment pertaining to it in the in-game chat yesterday, before legging it with the coveted blue tulip!

Very happy to see the return of Crazy Redd and the Art gallery. I can’t wait to look around the Museum section for artwork, as Nintendo did such a great job with the aquarium and bug sections.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

My Ables has the Zap Helmets in so I’m going to open in case anyone wants to come an buy them. 

I was able to save a bunch of pics before my TV burned down, too many to sort out now (or rather, I can't be arsed right now), but I'llpost 'm later for a trip down memory lane.

If whoever Isabelle gets her evals from knows so much then they should know just where the airport is!

13 hours ago, MindFreak said:

My wife has now several times asked for me to get this. I'm a bit relunctant because if she doesn't play it, the money is lost. But if she plays it, I'll lose both my Switch and my wife. So it's a bit of a non-win-situation for me!

Though I guess I would get time to read Witcher 5 and watch some of those Netflix shows that I want to watch...

My non-gaming wife is totally into it after initial reservations. May not be comparable, but there's a lot in there for casuals to like. I don't mind watching her play either, I guess cause it's such a rarity. And of course because we're sharing an island the decisions have to be made together, which I guess is Animal Crossing's meta.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

My non-gaming wife is totally into it after initial reservations. 

And what does your gaming wife think of it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Weird 1

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

And what does your gaming wife think of it?

She thinks the time gating is bullshit because she knows exactly how she wants her island AND SHE WANTS IT NOW

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

My non-gaming wife is totally into it after initial reservations. May not be comparable, but there's a lot in there for casuals to like. I don't mind watching her play either, I guess cause it's such a rarity. And of course because we're sharing an island the decisions have to be made together, which I guess is Animal Crossing's meta.

Yeah, I might as well just plunge in and get it for her. It's not like I can't find anything else to do - but I still need to do so much in Witcher 3...!

@Sheikah Did you boot a wee green bird from your place that goes by the name of Admiral? I ask because they are currently unboxing their belongings in my town and the first thing they mentioned is Treno, your gaf.
(Thanks for sending me even more fossils!)

Also, it has been dark and raining 100% of my playtime yesterday and today. Weird but I kind of like it!

Edited by darksnowman

[mention=2464]Sheikah[/mention] Did you boot a wee green bird from your place that goes by the name of Admiral? I ask because they are currently unboxing their belongings in my town and the first thing they mentioned is Treno, your gaf.
(Thanks for sending me even more fossils!)

Yes I did! Interesting way it works!

Yeah, I thought he had a bit of a moody look so binned him off.
  • Haha 1

It’s funny isn’t it how we do actually Get to like or dislike the island residents. It is like real life in that regard. :D

I have a little red duck with a tuft of hair on my island (he was the first one here) called Bill and he’s obsessed with “pumping iron” and I just love him. So I always go and chat to him every day. 

Some of the others I don’t even know their names properly yet... 

It’s funny isn’t it how we do actually Get to like or dislike the island residents. It is like real life in that regard.
I have a little red duck with a tuft of hair on my island (he was the first one here) called Bill and he’s obsessed with “pumping iron” and I just love him. So I always go and chat to him every day. 
Some of the others I don’t even know their names properly yet... 
I've got a rooster called Goose who is like that.
  • Like 1

I've got Goose too! I hated him at first but now I think he's great. Often find him doing reps on the beach after dark while wearing sunglasses. He came up with a nickname for me that is taking off with the other villagers - goalie.

On 20.4.2020 at 9:13 AM, Ashley said:

You get a reward for celebrating a resident's birthday and the next tier is celebrating 10 (and another after that) but there's only 9 residents right? 

Just found when visiting Sheika's place, it doesn't have be your own resident's birthday.

Edited by Tales

@Tales i'm gonna kill you. I had what looked to be either a Blue Marlin or Tuna fish lined up and when you left the island it pulled the rod back in and the thing got away. :mad:

*shakes angry fist*

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm back on my island and dug a fresh plot for you in my graveyard. Your time will come...

EWOuAq4VAAATETM?format=jpg&name=large

All I can see now with your character is Tim from Kinda Funny.

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

All I can see now with your character is Tim from Kinda Funny.

Must be the soulless eyes. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Must be the soulless eyes. 

Definitely adds to the likeness.

• Haha 1

Just found when visiting Sheika's place, it doesn't have be your own resident's birthday.
If that's the case it would be a great idea for people to do a shout out when a resident is having a birthday. Sorry I didn't do it, didn't know other people could celebrate it too!

Sold more digital units in a single month than any other game has before. Wow. 

Animal Crossing: New Horizons sold more digital units in a single month (5.0M) than any console game in history. The Nintendo-published title broke the console record for monthly digital game sales previously held by Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII. Animal Crossing: New Horizons also roughly matched the first-month digital sales of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Pokémon Sword and Shield put together. The game’s combination of social features and a relaxing setting likely appealed to individuals stuck at home. Closures of brick and mortar stores also meant that a higher share of consumers purchased the game digitally compared to past Switch titles.

:eek:

Amazing. It was obvious in the lead up to release that this was going to be a huge success, but I didn't quite expect it to be this huge.

4 hours ago, Sheikah said:
5 hours ago, Tales said:

If that's the case it would be a great idea for people to do a shout out when a resident is having a birthday. Sorry I didn't do it, didn't know other people could celebrate it too!

I didn't notice there was an achievement attached to it. I had one recently. I have another one soon, will let you guys know.