NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I like how there's a plane trail in the sky when someone's visiting

2 hours ago, bob said:

Finally managed to catch my first tarantula last night. Honestly though i only did it because it got stuck behind a palm tree while trying to murder me. I don't understand how you're supposed to catch them otherwise. Its currently Tarantulas 5 - 1 Bob

Easiest way is to go slow. When you see one get your net out and approach slowly. When it rears up STOP MOVING. Hold A to get your net ready and wait till it puts its front legs back down. Move towards it, when it rears up, stop again. Rinse and repeat until you’re close enough to swing and catch. 
‘Also not that if you’re running around your town with your net out it will chase you as soon as it sees you. If you don’t have your net out you can walk right up to it and it won’t bother you. Use this to your advantage. 

33 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

What time does KK Slider play? Is it 8pm?

6pm for requests. He is there all day doin his one thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ant is the only creature I still need that it's possible to catch so far.  I bought some turnips two weeks ago but accidentally ate them; now I'm just hoping to be able to catch one tomorrow with last week's turnips.  Also, Flick was on my island yesterday and so I ordered another model.  I chose the Agrias butterfly because of the colours:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I keep messing up my fish catch streak. A couple of times now I've got to about 80 and then my finger has gone unexplainably twitchy and pressed too early. Really unimportant, it makes no real difference to anything, but it'd be nice to just have it done so I don't have to worry again! 

5 minutes ago, Mr-Paul said:

I keep messing up my fish catch streak. A couple of times now I've got to about 80 and then my finger has gone unexplainably twitchy and pressed too early. Really unimportant, it makes no real difference to anything, but it'd be nice to just have it done so I don't have to worry again! 

What I do is hold my thumb way off the button, a couple of inches, and then when you get a bite mash it down. Managed the full Mileage without missing one. Stops you from getting twitchy

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr-Paul said:

Or watch the background (or close your eyes). This also makes me much less twitchy.

I'll try those methods this afternoon. You do have quite a forgiving amount of time to press down when it bites, so there's no reason to be twitchy! 

I’ve been using the closed eyes techniques for the past number of games. Works a treat. I did have to alter having thumb on the button though to having it hover a fair bit away as my trigger fingers would lose me the streak. Got mine a few days ago. 

Edited by BowserBasher

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

And does anyone have recommendations for songs to request?

My favourites are:

• K.K. House
  • K.K. Bossa
  • K.K. D&B
  • K.K. Disco
  • K.K. Fusion
  • K.K. Groove
  • Space K.K.
  • My Place
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Grazza said:

My favourites are:

• K.K. House
  • K.K. Bossa
  • K.K. D&B
  • K.K. Disco
  • K.K. Fusion
  • K.K. Groove
  • Space K.K.
  • My Place

I was thinking more of the "special" songs, the ones not titled KK something, like that my place you mentioned.. I have most of the others, and they're easy to come by.

Speaking of House.. Does anyone have a set of turntables? I just got my attic! :laughing:

37 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I was thinking more of the "special" songs, the ones not titled KK something, like that my place you mentioned.. I have most of the others, and they're easy to come by.

Speaking of House.. Does anyone have a set of turntables? I just got my attic! :laughing:

K.K. Song is traditionally a track that you can't get unless you specifically request it. Been like that ever since the first game.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

K.K. Song is traditionally a track that you can't get unless you specifically request it. Been like that ever since the first game.

That's funny, because I actually already have it. Not sure where I got it from, but most likely just from the shop..

Have to say I'm loving the village-building in this game, the 3DS one was ok for that with its 160p screen (or whatever it was) but the freedom to just put anything out in the open is great fun. Also I'm a bit obsessed with putting paths down :heart: not doing my OCD any good though.

Edited by Ronnie

2 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I got KK Soul. Just asked him to play something for my mood.

I picked up Drivin'. It's one of the 3 known songs that you can only get if you ask for them. The other two are Animal City and Farewell.

• Like 1

Dude is creepy when he smiles. 

EV51tmZU0AAeuQ1?format=jpg&name=small

Reminds me of that scene in Addams Family Values when Wednesday tries to smile for the first time. :laughing:

Wednesday Addams Smile GIF - WednesdayAddams Smile Scared ...

• Haha 1
  • Weird 2

My Animal Crossing companion guide arrived yesterday, It's alot thicker than I thought it would be. I also have some little Tom Nook and Mable bookmarks :)

Edited by martinist
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Man, the 'natural' incline you can get is ugly as fuck.

The Racoon statue is the best thing in the game. He's pride of place on an island at the head of my double waterfall. Glorious he is.

2 hours ago, bob said:

Man, the 'natural' incline you can get is ugly as fuck.

But that's the only good looking one.

• Like 1

I was going to read into how to breed different colour flowers, then I found a guide explaining it...
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ARIQCUc5YVEd01D7jtJT9EEJF45m07NXhAm4fOpNvCs/mobilebasic
Nah you're alright :blank:
If you want to simply know how to produce flower hybrids, this isn't the guide to use.

In fact that seems really overkill, delving into the game's mechanics. It really just boils down to putting 2 flowers diagonally and watering them. There's more efficient ways to do it, and you need to know which colours to to cross to get which other colours, but it's mostly watering and waiting.

14 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I picked up Drivin'. It's one of the 3 known songs that you can only get if you ask for them. The other two are Animal City and Farewell.

Nice. I'll refer back to this and request these tunes in the coming weeks.