NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

You're right... I thought I nabbed a blue tulip but it is, in fact, purple according to the description. I was like what are you on about, purple?? Sure these (remaining) tulips are all black!
I cannot attach the dug up purple tulip to a letter so open your gates and I'll come replant it in a hidden location on your island. :D

Just now, darksnowman said:

You're right... I thought I nabbed a blue tulip but it is, in fact, purple according to the description. I was like what are you on about, purple?? Sure these (remaining) tulips are all black!
I cannot attach the dug up purple tulip to a letter so open your gates and I'll come replant it in a hidden location on your island. :D

Haha. Don't worry about it. More will grow eventually.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha. Don't worry about it. More will grow eventually.

I hope the Golden Candlestick is worth this. :blank: (I bet I find someone on my island crafting it in the coming days...)
The only fall-out I expected was some "top bants" over me whiffing a few efforts with the shovel because I was at my desk playing in handheld mode with joy-con drift in full effect. :laughing:

• Haha 1

A lot of stuff has been datamined from the game. I'll put the details in spoilers for those who don't want to know what is possibly on the way.

Spoiler

Lots of features that are seemingly coming in future updates have been datamined in ACNH. In a nutshell:

- Crazy Redd's black market is coming back, supposedly its now a ship that will dock on the secret beach north of your island
- There are two museum upgrades planned, all levels of the museum upgrades contains an art section (there currently arent any arts in the game)
- Two standalone buildings: museum shop and museum gyroid cafe. Those are probably the museum upgrades and not actually standalone buildings but that's how it is said on the code.
- Six types of bushes that aren't in the game yet: Azalea, Hibiscus, Holly, Hydrangea, Camellia and Osmathus
- Unused shop interface, similar to the Nook Miles redemption menu, called "cGardening"
- New type of plant: vegetables. Can be grown and picked up. There currently are Tomato, Potato, Carrot, Pumpkin, Wheat and Sugar
- Two versions of the play report are unused yet: ‘get_recipe_clothing’, and ‘get_recipe_cooking’. It indicates that we may be able to get clothing and cooking recipes in the future (and also that we'll be able to cook at all)
- Diving is seemingly coming back because an additional section of the Critterpedia with 33 additional items, including the existing manila clam, is present in the files. There's already space reserved in the save files for this feature
- A second Nook Cranny's upgrade is present in the files
- More Nook Miles achievements, door customs etc.

• Thanks 3

Ooh. Some of those look interesting. People were too eager to moan about everything not in the game. I think having these added over time is just going to lengthen a game that is already in line for a long shelf life. Let’s just hope it continues. 

Content that's already in the game locked behind patches (or worse...DLC)?
Or 7 years of development weren't enough to put these things into the game day-one.

Which is worse? :p

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

A lot of stuff has been datamined from the game. I'll put the details in spoilers for those who don't want to know what is possibly on the way.

Datamined Stuff (Reveal hidden contents)

Lots of features that are seemingly coming in future updates have been datamined in ACNH. In a nutshell:

- Crazy Redd's black market is coming back, supposedly its now a ship that will dock on the secret beach north of your island
- There are two museum upgrades planned, all levels of the museum upgrades contains an art section (there currently arent any arts in the game)
- Two standalone buildings: museum shop and museum gyroid cafe. Those are probably the museum upgrades and not actually standalone buildings but that's how it is said on the code.
- Six types of bushes that aren't in the game yet: Azalea, Hibiscus, Holly, Hydrangea, Camellia and Osmathus
- Unused shop interface, similar to the Nook Miles redemption menu, called "cGardening"
- New type of plant: vegetables. Can be grown and picked up. There currently are Tomato, Potato, Carrot, Pumpkin, Wheat and Sugar
- Two versions of the play report are unused yet: ‘get_recipe_clothing’, and ‘get_recipe_cooking’. It indicates that we may be able to get clothing and cooking recipes in the future (and also that we'll be able to cook at all)
- Diving is seemingly coming back because an additional section of the Critterpedia with 33 additional items, including the existing manila clam, is present in the files. There's already space reserved in the save files for this feature
- A second Nook Cranny's upgrade is present in the files
- More Nook Miles achievements, door customs etc.

I don't know how I feel about

Spoiler

allocating space for additional buildings.

But I will gladly take any content they are adding. 

Spoiler

At first glance, I really like the possibility of them making use of the secret beach, and it is going to be interesting to see how vegetables are incorporated into island life. I am going to need more land to farm!

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Content that's already in the game locked behind patches (or worse...DLC)?
Or 7 years of development weren't enough to put these things into the game day-one.

Which is worse? :p

Erm?

- They haven't been working on this game for 7 years, it's pretty irresponsible to suggest that

- Nintendo have been great at releasing free content updates all throughout the Switch's life.

- They obviously want to give this game a long life and give people new stuff to do each month

- Why does it have to be phrased so negatively "content that's already in the game and locked behind patche!1!!", sounds like something from ResetEra.

Aaaanyway....

Thanks for spoiler-ing the datamine @Hero-of-Time, happy to just wait and see :)

1 minute ago, darksnowman said:

Spoiler (Hide contents)

allocating space for additional buildings.

Yeah, that's one of my issues with this. I've got my island set out how I like it and if all of this new stuff starts getting added then it's going to ruin my set up. I mean, are we going to have to keep remodelling the island every time they decide to drop an update?

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Erm?

- Nintendo have been great at releasing free content updates all throughout the Switch's life.

You say this, and yet I know if I pop Super Mario Party it won't notify me that there is an update. :(

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Spoiler (Reveal hidden contents)
6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I mean, are we going to have to keep remodelling the island every time they decide to drop an update?

Oh boy, didn't even think about the implications...looks like I'll put my terraforming plans on hold ::shrug:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, darksnowman said:

You say this, and yet I know if I pop Super Mario Party it won't notify me that there is an update. :(

Did you ever try the online mode in that game? 

I really don't understand this complaining about Nintendo adding things to their already excellent game. ::shrug: Makes no sense to me. Did people really think this was all there would ever be.

• Weird 1

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I really don't understand this complaining about Nintendo adding things to their already excellent game. ::shrug: Makes no sense to me. Did people really think this was all there would ever be.

I've said in the past that I prefer a product to launch fully loaded and not having to wait for publishers to piece meal me content. This has always been my stance, no matter the console or game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Did you ever try the online mode in that game? 

Taking into account what Nintendo + online normally turns out like, it was still a let down. 

Just now, darksnowman said:

Taking into account what Nintendo + online normally turns out like, it was still a let down. 

Yeah, it was a broken mess. Just wondering what your thoughts were on it that's all. :) 

• Sad 1

Ooh. Some of those look interesting. People were too eager to moan about everything not in the game. I think having these added over time is just going to lengthen a game that is already in line for a long shelf life. Let’s just hope it continues. 
To be honest though it's just artificial lengthening, and I guess if you don't have an internet connection then you're excluded from this content.

Some of the time-gated events that are currently in the game also require an internet connection to even trigger (e.g. Bunny Day), which left Glen out in the cold. Which might actually be a blessing, but still...
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

My main complaint is that they took things out only to seemingly add them back in via updates.

Imagine if they had this content in the game to begin with (like it was in New Leaf with Redd and more shop upgrades). If that was all there to begin with, all their updates/new content from now on would therefore be even more new stuff on top of this.

Edited by Sheikah

My shop is finally being upgraded so it will be shut tomorrow. Is there no way to check turnip prices tomorrow then? 

18 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, it was a broken mess. Just wondering what your thoughts were on it that's all. :) 

I like that what they went with is snappier than sitting down to play an entire board online, but who cares if there is only five or seven minigames available! Incredibly lazy.

5 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

My shop is finally being upgraded so it will be shut tomorrow. Is there no way to check turnip prices tomorrow then? 

Is tomorrow when your turnip rate is predicted to spike? :D 

It probably just wasn’t done in time.  The game had already received a hefty delay from its original 2019 release date and they probably figured that cutting the year-long events and then putting them back in as time goes on would be fine, since they’re not supposed to be accessible yet anyway.

Basically the Splatoon strategy... which makes sense considering that Splatoon and Animal Crossing share many of the same staff!

Edited by Dcubed

37 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've said in the past that I prefer a product to launch fully loaded and not having to wait for publishers to piece meal me content. This has always been my stance, no matter the console or game.

But you'll surely have expected them to update the game with new content every month or two, they even said they would be doing it. That's why I haven't terraformed my island in the first month and left half of it open to development.

Edited by Ronnie

11 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Is tomorrow when your turnip rate is predicted to spike? :D 

You know it. :D

28 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Imagine if they had this content in the game to begin with (like it was in New Leaf with Redd and more shop upgrades). If that was all there to begin with, all their updates/new content from now on would therefore be even more new stuff on top of this.

Well, yes, obviously you can say well they should give us even more content now, and even more more content later. With all the new features that New Leaf didn't have like terraforming, crafting and placing objects outside I've never been short of stuff to do so far. Anyway, whatever, it's just interesting how more free content can be turned into a bad thing by some ::shrug: I've not read the datamine and I'm excited by new stuff being introduced bit by bit. Keeps things fresh.

31 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

More importantly they could put more resources into getting some necessary quality of life improvements out there.