NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

36 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It needs 2 gold nuggets and a screen wall.

I have one. And I mailed one to @drahkon .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Helmsly said:

New update is live. On top of the stuff we know about, there's a couple new shirts and a rug for sale in the ABD machine. Also:

EWQP9B_UcAImZEi.jpg

:angry:

NOOK. :mad:

So it looks as if there's a big flaw to Nintendo's new approach with events via downloadable update in this game, and I don't actually have Leif on my island today as a result. :(

Yeah, I started playing early today (there was no prompt for the update when I started the game) assuming the new content was already installed, but it wasn't so I downloaded it manually, and when I restarted the game it said something about updating my save data to match the latest update. I then received the letter about the interest rate and got the new Nook Miles goals, but Leif is nowhere to be seen. Instead I have stupid C.J. wandering around. :indeed:

Hopefully Leif will show up tomorrow, but this is still a pretty crappy side effect of the new system. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, RedShell said:

So it looks as if there's a big flaw to Nintendo's new approach with events via downloadable update in this game, and I don't actually have Leif on my island today as a result. :(

Yeah, I started playing early today (there was no prompt for the update when I started the game) assuming the new content was already installed, but it wasn't so I downloaded it manually, and when I restarted the game it said something about updating my save data to match the latest update. I then received the letter about the interest rate and got the new Nook Miles goals, but Leif is nowhere to be seen. Instead I have stupid C.J. wandering around. :indeed:

Hopefully Leif will show up tomorrow, but this is still a pretty crappy side effect of the new system. 

The game needs a pop-up where if you just leave it on from the previous day it'll say that you need to update the game in order to play. Though that would screw people who don't have internet access that day. Maybe give the option Play or update.

10 minutes ago, RedShell said:

It appears there's quite a few people been caught out by it, especially those who are in time zones that had them playing when the update dropped, as well as others who keep the game running on the Switch at all times. They are now essentially a day behind the events because of this. Sure, there's still more than enough time but it is a bit of a kick in the teeth for those who have missed out on a visitor for the first day of the event.

The update has also done something with the bug spawning rates (better not have lowered the things again!) and there's speculation that item durability may have been decreased in some of the tools. All of this comes from people datamining the new patch.

The sloth is on my Island if people want to pop round. I'm in a class from 2-6 but can leave it open if people want it. 

59 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Is he supposed to be visiting today?Or does he show up randomly like other characters? Doesn't seem like a bug to me.

Anyway, I have Leif on my island, may open up later.

Does anyone know if you can buy cars in this game? 

I have a nice idea now I finally have the terraforming options and would be good to be able to display a car or two? 

1 hour ago, Aneres11 said:

I have a nice idea now I finally have the terraforming options and would be good to be able to display a car or two? 

It's supposed to be a paradise getaway so ideally cars would be banned :p

But no idea if it is actually possible. Certainly not seen any mention of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

I’ve seen race car beds, you could use them. Also there are bikes and tricycles. 

• Like 1

The 'Clean Up' mechanic is really annoying in this game. 

I want to totally remove the third 'floor' of my island but it's littered with trees, so imagine my joy when I found out you could send anything 'around you' to the recycle bin. 

But it doesn't remove everything around you, you have to stand next to it and remove one tree at a time... Is that right or am I doing it wrong? 

57 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

But it doesn't remove everything around you, you have to stand next to it and remove one tree at a time... Is that right or am I doing it wrong? 

AFAIK it only removes stuff that has been dropped (branches, stones, furniture leaves, etc.) and sends it to the box in the Resident Service building.

• Like 1

Is there any particular tricks to getting a turtle? I need one for my brand. 

20 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Is there any particular tricks to getting a turtle? I need one for my brand. 

No tricks really. Just fish for the large shadows after 9pm. 

• Like 1

I'm genuinely confused.

I loaded up Animal Crossing this morning at about 8am and couldn't find any visitors to my island.  Went online a bit later to check the eShop, and the New Horizons patch started downloading.  Upon loading up the game again, it said it needed to update my save data (or something like that) to sync it up with the new version of the game.  Sure enough, Earth Day has started, but there are still no visitors and no Leif either.  All it let me do was get extra Nook Miles for placing some flowers down.  I thought you could visit a different island or something?

Hopefully there's not a problem with my game.  I don't mind waiting for the rest of the Earth Day stuff, but was really hoping to see Flick or C.J. today for another model.

25 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

No tricks really. Just fish for the large shadows after 9pm. 

But I'm sleeping at that point 😴

• Weird 1

12 minutes ago, Grazza said:

I'm genuinely confused.

I loaded up Animal Crossing this morning at about 8am and couldn't find any visitors to my island.  Went online a bit later to check the eShop, and the New Horizons patch started downloading.  Upon loading up the game again, it said it needed to update my save data (or something like that) to sync it up with the new version of the game.  Sure enough, Earth Day has started, but there are still no visitors and no Leif either.  All it let me do was get extra Nook Miles for placing some flowers down.  I thought you could visit a different island or something?

Hopefully there's not a problem with my game.  I don't mind waiting for the rest of the Earth Day stuff, but was really hoping to see Flick or C.J. today for another model.

It seems like anyone who started the game today without first downloading the new update/patch missed out on either Leif or Redd showing up. It's some weird issue that has effect a fair few players, RedShell being one of them. It should be fine now and hopefully one of them will pop up tomorrow for you. The best bet going forward is if you know an update is being released then first manually update the game (press the + button on it's icon and you'll see the option) before you fire it up.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I missed out on Leif/Redd too. Had left the game on/in standby overnight, logged on and had Isabelle's morning update before I could quit out of the game to do the update. 

Hopefully all is good tomorrow morning. 

35 minutes ago, Ashley said:

But I'm sleeping at that point 😴

No snapping turtle for you then. 

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

No snapping turtle for you then. 

Tried for about twenty minutes and you were right, no snapping turtle for me. 

• Sad 1

But I'm sleeping at that point
Its ok, you've got until 4am to wake up and catch one.

Does anyone have a bench they could maybe gift me for something in return? I am looking for two benches for my island that are wooden with black metal style arms / legs. I have a table and chair set up like it but not a bench. 

Thanks in advance! 

1 hour ago, bob said:
3 hours ago, Ashley said:
But I'm sleeping at that point emoji42.png

Its ok, you've got until 4am to wake up and catch one.

I'll pass...