NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

I'll pass...

Find a buddy in a different timezone! :p

9 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Does anyone have a bench they could maybe gift me for something in return? I am looking for two benches for my island that are wooden with black metal style arms / legs. I have a table and chair set up like it but not a bench. 

Thanks in advance! 

Sound like a garden bench. I'll send you two. You can customize them for different colours.

Could I get a table and couple of the chairs in return maybe.

Edited by Tales
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tales said:

Sound like a garden bench. I'll send you two. You can customize them for different colours.

Could I get a table and couple of the chairs in return maybe.

Great thank you! 
yes will get them sent later when I go on. :) 

What's funny is the island evals want me to deforest because the island is apparently not fit for the urban life the animals moved in for, but then Nintendo drop this update promoting plants and bushes....

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

I’m guessing you can’t get on Redds boat the first time he’s here. I have him today got the item he sold me and Blathers took it now Redd has gone from the square. I’m assuming he’s sitting in his boat. 

I have my second campsite visitor (yes second, what an investment it has been...) today. Some weirdo called Beardo. I have played a 50/50 guessing game with him three times and lost every time, having opted for the same choice each time. This game cheats more than the rock, paper, scissors bosses in Alex the Kidd! 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Some weirdo called Beardo.

KILL HIM.

He's been locked up in his house for 4 days now with a fever on my island. Don't let him stay. DESTROY HIM AND HIS FAMILY.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weird 1

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

KILL HIM.

He's been locked up in his house for 4 days now with a fever on my island. Don't let him stay. DESTROY HIM AND HIS FAMILY.

Uh oh... I spoke to him again and he wanted to talk directly to Resident's Services about moving in, and because he offered to replace a green bird @Sheikah dumped on my island (Admiral), I agreed. I am looking forward to seeing if Admiral pops up on someone else's island now. :laughing:

Edited by darksnowman

1 minute ago, darksnowman said:

Uh oh... I spoke to him again and he wanted to talk directly to Resident's Services about moving in, and because he offered to replace a green bird @Sheikah dumped on my island (Admiral), I agreed.

I warned you...

People, don't visit darksnowman's island for a while unless you want to get infected by that vicious, stupid bear.

• Sad 1

Uh oh... I spoke to him again and he wanted to talk directly to Resident's Services about moving in, and because he offered to replace a green bird [mention=2464]Sheikah[/mention] dumped on my island (Admiral), I agreed. I am looking forward to seeing if Admiral pops up on someone else's island now. :laughing:
I like how Admiral is becoming the resident N-E asylum seeker.
  • Haha 1

Looks like I can’t do much today, both the Nooks cranny store and the Museum are shut for refurbishment.

Can you sell Turnips on a Saturday?

Edited by Helmsly

6 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

Looks like I can’t do much today, both the Nooks cranny store and the Museum are shut for refurbishment.

Can you sell Turnips on a Saturday?

Yep, Saturday afternoon/evening is the last time you can sell your turnips before they spoil.

• Thanks 1

I just found Redd and can't afford to buy from him because I am back to square one in some regards, as last night I sold even the tools in my pockets to raise last minute money to fund moving the shop and pay off an incline. :blush: Of course today would be the day Nook's Cranny has an item in stock that costs almost a quarter of a million. (a kimono stand)

And I think I'd like to move a bunch of houses two squares to the right. We all know what a massive time and money commitment this will be if decide to go through with it...!!

Another villager of mine (Cobb) is looking to move out. He's the second villager that came with my island and i'm happy for him to leave. I didn't pick him and I wouldn't have if I had the choice. Once he sods off i'll start going to mystery islands again in order to get a better replacement for him.

Looking at other forums, I see some of the bug spawn rates have indeed been reduced with this new update. It's a middle finger for those of us who liked bug hunting for bells rather than trying to play the turnip market. Now that I've got the final turnip achievement I thought that I could slacken off the whole turnip business for a bit but clearly that's not the case if I can no longer grind for bugs. The game has bigger issues than bug grinding/spawn rates and i'm surprised Nintendo are focused on something like that when there are QoL issues with the game that need addressing.

• Like 1

After saying about Bill the Duck being my absolute fave and visiting him daily along with showering him with gifts... he told me he wanted to leave yesterday. 

I’ve taken it hard. He said his house was a mess and it would be easier for him to move than tidy it up. I managed to convince him to stay by telling him to just... ya know... tidy up. And he agreed. 

Games messing with my emotions. :p

• Weird 1

5 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

After saying about Bill the Duck being my absolute fave and visiting him daily along with showering him with gifts... he told me he wanted to leave yesterday. 

I’ve taken it hard. He said his house was a mess and it would be easier for him to move than tidy it up. I managed to convince him to stay by telling him to just... ya know... tidy up. And he agreed. 

Games messing with my emotions. :p

Should have let him go and then visited darksnowman's island to nab Admiral off him. :laughing:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's a middle finger for those of us who liked bug hunting for bells rather than trying to play the turnip market. Now that I've got the final turnip achievement I thought that I could slacken off the whole turnip business for a bit but clearly that's not the case if I can no longer grind for bugs. The game has bigger issues than bug grinding/spawn rates and i'm surprised Nintendo are focused on something like that when there are QoL issues with the game that need addressing.

Speaking of alternative income streams, what is up with lowering the already paltry Bank of Nook interest rate!?

If you like bug hunting so much... I have a timer that can be set to count the number of bugs and fish caught over a selected timeframe, like the fishing tournament. I'll come over and start the timer, sit on a bench with Bluebear, and you can run around and catch bugs til your heart's content! :D

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Speaking of alternative income streams, what is up with lowering the already paltry Bank of Nook interest rate!?

If you like bug hunting so much... I have a timer that can be set to count the number of bugs and fish caught over a selected timeframe, like the fishing tournament. I'll come over and start the timer, sit on a bench with Bluebear, and you can run around and catch bugs til your heart's content! :D

You have an unhealthy obsession with that bear! 

• Weird 1

33 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Looking at other forums, I see some of the bug spawn rates have indeed been reduced with this new update. It's a middle finger for those of us who liked bug hunting for bells rather than trying to play the turnip market. Now that I've got the final turnip achievement I thought that I could slacken off the whole turnip business for a bit but clearly that's not the case if I can no longer grind for bugs. The game has bigger issues than bug grinding/spawn rates and i'm surprised Nintendo are focused on something like that when there are QoL issues with the game that need addressing.

Yeah, it's getting to the point where Nintendo's tinkering is taking away more enjoyment than it's adding.  They should have decided what the correct spawn rate was before they released the game, not restricted it in some sort of odd, puritan attempt to stop players enjoying it!  And I don't understand why Nintendo lowered the interest rate either.  Doesn't really matter if some people were making money that way; if that's the way they wanted to play it, fair enough.  This is becoming that dreaded embodiment of a developer being able to change the balance of something after you've bought it.  If they actually wanted people to enjoy it more, they should enable tools that don't break and faster crafting!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Yeah, it's getting to the point where Nintendo's tinkering is taking away more enjoyment than it's adding.  They should have decided what the correct spawn rate was before they released the game, not restricted it in some sort of odd, puritan attempt to stop players enjoying it!  And I don't understand why Nintendo lowered the interest rate either.  Doesn't really matter if some people were making money that way; if that's the way they wanted to play it, fair enough.  This is becoming that dreaded embodiment of a developer being able to change the balance of something after you've bought it.  If they actually wanted people to enjoy it more, they should enable tools that don't break and faster crafting!

Balance tweaks are nothing new in games, digital or tabletop, they happen all over the place. Sometimes large scale testing after release is the only way to see how things will develop. Game designers know a fair bit.

They probably saw the lengths people were going online to get 600/700 bell turnip prices, which I can easily see ruining the game for a lot of people in the long run. It's why I'm not bothering with turnips anymore. I got way too much money too fast in just a couple of weeks.

Edited by Ronnie

49 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Read somewhere that people were exploiting the interest you get at the end of the month by time travelling to get it all instantly. They’d go forward enough to get their 99k interest then just rinse and repeat. I think the max per month is now 9k

my first original villager has asked to move out. Any want Flora I’ll open my gates later this evening so you can come over and entice her your way. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Balance tweaks are nothing new in games, digital or tabletop, they happen all over the place. Sometimes large scale testing after release is the only way to see how things will develop. Game designers know a fair bit.

They probably saw the lengths people were going online to get 600/700 bell turnip prices, which I can easily see ruining the game for a lot of people in the long run. It's why I'm not bothering with turnips anymore. I got way too much money too fast in just a couple of weeks.

They're not nerfing turnips though, right? Which makes the decision to nerf bug spawn rates a bit strange. Turnip profits are already ludicrously ahead of anything else you can sell, so their focusing on reducing profit from bug hunting seems a bit strange.

I have no problem with the game giving a lot of money. In fact once you have enough money, the game goes at an even more relaxed pace and you can more or less just do what you actually want, rather than perhaps doing a few things just to make money to pay off a debt/buy things.

Edited by Sheikah
  • Like 2

I don't think they're reducing bugs to reduce profit, I can't imagine anyone selling bugs looking to rake in the bells. To be honest if anything I was going to say it feels like they've increased bug count. I'm seeing them every few steps!

24 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Read somewhere that people were exploiting the interest you get at the end of the month by time travelling to get it all instantly. They’d go forward enough to get their 99k interest then just rinse and repeat. I think the max per month is now 9k

my first original villager has asked to move out. Any want Flora I’ll open my gates later this evening so you can come over and entice her your way. 

Diana just told me she wants to move out, so likewise if anyone wants her let me know. Wonder if they've implemented villagers wanting to move globally at the same time so that people trade.

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I don't think they're reducing bugs to reduce profit, I can't imagine anyone selling bugs looking to rake in the bells. To be honest if anything I was going to say it feels like they've increased bug count. I'm seeing them every few steps!

Selling bugs is a fantastic way to rake in bells, at least it was. It's what helped me pay for my island upgrades early on. If you were willing to put in the time you could make a hefty profit. Lots of AC players do it, which is why the datamined info seems to have been confirmed so fast.

Considering you only need 1 bug for the museum, I can't think of any other reason for reducing bug spawn rates other than to slow down bell grinding.

• Like 3