NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

36 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Well in that case, your source is just scaremongering! :blank:

Nope, they're talking about southern hemisphere, where scorpions are currently available. ;)

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I’m still upset they limited the money trees to 10,000 (dunno what game they did that in. Putting the max amount of money in those in the original game was my main money maker.

How do you get that anyway? I plant the bells back and get 3,000. Is there some way to do more?

32 minutes ago, bob said:

I've still not seen a peacock butterfly yet. I only have a few hybrids so far, but even so, a 80% drop is going to make that harder.

If they really wanted to nerf all the ridiculous money making and slow people down, they needed to do something about the stalk market.

Or maybe the cynical part of me thinks that they didn't want people happily catching bugs to pay off their loan, and instead want them to buy the online subscription to play the stalk market properly...

With a few hybrid flowers there used to be a lot of peacock butterflies, it's a shame to see them nerfed this way.

The problem with this kind of post-release nerfing (especially if they decide to nerf turnips) is that it's closing the door after the horse has bolted. People have already made their money so it's more or less casuals with less time to play the game who end up getting hurt by these nerfs.

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

How do you get that anyway? I plant the bells back and get 3,000. Is there some way to do more?

You can plant up to a bag of 10,000. Click A on your funds and it will give you options on how much you want to split out into your inventory. Choose the 10,000 that bury that bag.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Click where it shows your money in your bag and you can take out a bag of 10k (assuming you have at least that much on you) and then bury that 10k bag in the golden hole instead.

• Thanks 1

You can choose to plant 10000 bells instead of 1000. You just need to put 10000 bells in your inventory first, then bury it in the sparkly hole.
  • Thanks 1

Shout out to @Helmsly and @Nicktendo for coming over to water my plants. And @Mike1988uk

Gates are open all day if anyone else wants to help! 

Also, thanks for expressing concerns for the villagers having no decor round their homes at the back of the island. Lol. 
I’ve terraformed the whole first half and am working on getting them prettied up soon! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

You can plant up to a bag of 10,000. Click A on your funds and it will give you options on how much you want to split out into your inventory. Choose the 10,000 that bury that bag.

You can actually plant bags bigger than 10,000 bells. I harvested some 24k bags off a tree this morning.

Thanks to all my visitors today! I’ve had over 5 people who watered and can confirm I now have gold crescent sparkles coming off of my plants! Hopefully I can get some rare spawns now as one thing my island is lacking is some unusual plants! 

@Aneres11 sweet island so far. Love it. 

I have thunderstorms on my island again but am going to open this evening for a flower watering session. My flowers are in groups on the lower levels scattered around the main square. 

• Like 1

Just now, BowserBasher said:

@Aneres11 sweet island so far. Love it. 

I have thunderstorms on my island again but am going to open this evening for a flower watering session. My flowers are in groups on the lower levels scattered around the main square. 

Thank you. Many hours of hard work haha. 
I am looking forward to forging a plan for the rest. I ended up laying one of the villagers houses not in line with the rest by one step (doh) so have put plans in place to move him today and tomorrow will have to do it again to get him in the right place! 

Then I’ll focus on that area more as I’m aware the villagers are currently cast away.

I should be able to visit tonight to repay the flower watering favour! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Thanks to all my visitors today! I’ve had over 5 people who watered and can confirm I now have gold crescent sparkles coming off of my plants!

No problem (I actually really like watering flowers for some reason :hehe:) let us know how you get on with hybrids tomorrow!

9 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I’ll be sure to visit, what time did you have in mind? 

Also going to open my island later on as it’s Katt’s birthday today, so if anyone is after Birthday Celebration Nook Miles be sure to pop over! :) Will post again on here when I’m going online.

:peace:

• Like 2

I saw the flower thing the other day but forgot to post it! I’d be up for joining in on some communal watering later. 

in other news I made a stupid mistake yesterday... wanted to buy some things from Able but didn’t remember until gone 9. So I thought I’d just move the clock back an hour, what could be the harm? Well, I forgot about the 40 stacks of turnips I spent 800,000 bells on! Those are now ruined! :p

• Sad 2
  • Weird 2

4 minutes ago, RedShell said:

No problem (I actually really like watering flowers for some reason :hehe:) let us know how you get on with hybrids tomorrow!

I’ll be sure to visit, what time did you have in mind? 

Also going to open my island later on as it’s Katt’s birthday today, so if anyone is after Birthday Celebration Nook Miles be sure to pop over! :) Will post again on here when I’m going online.

:peace:

Will be on and off from 18:00. So I’ll say 19:00 I’ll open, give me time to do a few things first. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Eddage said:

I saw the flower thing the other day but forgot to post it! I’d be up for joining in on some communal watering later. 

in other news I made a stupid mistake yesterday... wanted to buy some things from Able but didn’t remember until gone 9. So I thought I’d just move the clock back an hour, what could be the harm? Well, I forgot about the 40 stacks of turnips I spent 800,000 bells on! Those are now ruined! :p

What did you want from Ables?

What did you want from Ables?

Literally nothing special, was just filling up my collection - that’s the worst part! :p

24 minutes ago, Eddage said:

Literally nothing special, was just filling up my collection - that’s the worst part! :p

Haha..

Oh well, take better care of your turnips next time! :p

• Haha 1

Ok, gonna open my island for a bit now. Might not be for too long, but will be able to host again after 8pm.

Made a little balloon path for people to easily find Katt’s house. :heh: 

2 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I'll probably come visit after 8 UK then @RedShell!
What should I bring for Katt?

Everyone might have to actually, as it’s not letting me connect for some reason. :hmm: 

You can bring whatever you like for Katt. :) 

• Like 1

My outdoor arcade is coming together nicely. @Sméagol your gifted inflatable sofa works great - thanks! 

Just need some more machines. :)

QFJ5bD4_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

My outdoor arcade is coming together nicely. @Sméagol your gifted inflatable sofa works great - thanks! 

Just need some more machines. :)

QFJ5bD4_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Ha, which one was mine? It was literally something I picked up just before.. I think I got it from a villager, but hadn't looked at it.

1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

Ha, which one was mine? It was literally something I picked up just before.. I think I got it from a villager, but hadn't looked at it.

Yours was the purple. I had the green one already and when I laid the arcade carpet I thought they’d look good in there with the colours. Might order one more along with another board game and craft a third table for it until I sell my turnips for more game machines! 

Edited by Aneres11
  • Like 1