Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Indie Games

Ronnie

Not sure if I'm going to pick it up on Switch or PS4, I played the demo on Switch and it does seem to run pretty well but it is a big blurry at times - I could forgive it with Unravel Two but the aesthetic is so important to this so I'm in two minds about whether to risk a bit of blurriness and play it on Switch or go for the higher fidelity version

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Don't know if its been posted previously but came across this indie game called Cosy Grove courtesy of Twitter and turns out it'll be releasing on April 8th on PS4, Xbox One and PC and its also set for release on Switch as well, possibly releasing on the same day but don't see anything concrete there.

Still, one to keep on the radar as it looks lovely. Really like the art style and seems to be another of those chilled, laidback experiences like Animal Crossing with a bit more narrative.

• 3 weeks later...

Sky: Children of the Light from thatgamecompany (Journey) is coming to the Switch in June. 

I know that it's been announced for Switch before, but seems a bit strange to me that this update wasn't part of the Indie World Showcase. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, it seems that the "Paper Mario" feel and aesthetic is popular enough to form its own community of developers: the Paperverse. And they had a Direct to promote their upcoming work.

Now granted, some of them look more inspired by other Nintendo RPGs... But feel free to check the Direct to see if any of these Paperverse Indies strike your fancy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It looks a bit too similar (both visual style as gameplay) to Hollow Knight (vs Lost Vikings) to me.

I didn't know this was coming to Switch (and other consoles).. and apparently with new content.

Physical release as well..

https://store.serenityforge.com/collections/doki-doki-literature-club-plus/products/ddlc-plus-premium-physical-edition

Going for the Monika ending!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

I love how the physical cover looks. It's perfect. It's just Monika.

Looked after reading your post. You're right! It's absolutely perfect. Definitely designed for people who have already played it.

• Thanks 1