NEurope
Ronnie

Indie Games

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

What with people saying they've never played Super Mario Galaxy 2 and now this....I need to find another Nintendo site/forum to visit.

I played Super Mario Galaxy 2 at launch and it's possibly my favourite ever Mario game.

A Link to the Past, though.. Overrated and underhated :heh:

Same here, held off on getting it on PS4 because I thought it might come to Switch so will definitely pick it up.

This is awesome! I really enjoyed the look of Night in the Woods, but I don't really play indie games on my PC. The switch on the other hand, it will be a must buy!

Put in a few hours of Thimbleweed Park last night and really enjoying it! The pixel art is lovely, the writing is predictably fantastic and there's been a fair few laugh out loud moments. The hint system is very useful, I've only had to use it once.

One negative is having to move the cursor around and select the various verbs can be a bit cumbersome, but hasn't really been too annoying. Also if you play in handheld mode you can just use the touchscreen to play, which is cool.

A couple of bits of news.

Firstly, Wonderboy is getting a physical release.

Nicalis revealed that they will publish the retail version of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in the first quarter of 2018 for $39.99.

Secondly, Owlboy has been given a release date of 13th Feb 2018.

• Thanks 1

$40 for Wonder Boy??? Are they insane?

I enjoyed it but mostly because of the art style. The gameplay was ok but not $40 worth of ok.

Ah, Nicalis certainly know how to hike up a price to extraordinary extremes. The truly sad part is if the box art is good, I might be tempted. And considering how gorgeous the game looks...

So, I picked up Cat Quest this evening and I'm loving it. It's full of charm and it's been an absolute joy to play. 

*goes back to playing*

26 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

So, I picked up Cat Quest this evening and I'm loving it. It's full of charm and it's been an absolute joy to play. 

*goes back to playing*

Nice. Will be interested in your final impressions, as it’s on my watch list. :hehe:

How are you getting on with Cat Quest, @Hero-of-Time?

I found out there was a demo available on the PS4, so had a brief go on it yesterday. :hehe: Quite enjoyed it, I like how the combat is real-time too. Seemed like it might be a bit on the easy side, but it was a pretty short demo so perhaps that’s not the case. ::shrug:

4 hours ago, RedShell said:

How are you getting on with Cat Quest, @Hero-of-Time?

I found out there was a demo available on the PS4, so had a brief go on it yesterday. :hehe: Quite enjoyed it, I like how the combat is real-time too. Seemed like it might be a bit on the easy side, but it was a pretty short demo so perhaps that’s not the case. ::shrug:

I've just finished the game now. Yeah, it's a little easy. I finished the game at level 50 and had no real issues with difficulty. The game does get a little repetitive and grundy at times but I still had fun with it.

• Thanks 1

An instant modern classic in my eyes. :D

n-europe Review

content-2-35305-wulverbladesidebox.jpg

Wulverblade is well worth picking up if you like a side-scrolling Beat 'em up with a challenge. ;)

It's exclusive to the Switch for a while longer as well, I reckon it's a title which will grow in popularity over time.

Let me know what you think, enjoy!

:peace:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice. That's a must play IMO and just as good if not better than most Housemarque twin sticks.

2 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Is it a twin stick shooter? Awesome!

Yeah, but not as twitch-reflex heavy as most twin stick shooters. It's also a rogue-like. Definitely recommended, but you know me...I see a rogue-like and I'm in love :D

So how come more people aren’t playing rocket league? Me JBS and @nekunando have been playing pretty much every night, @tapedeck a couple of times... @Clownferret has it... anyone else? @Blade I reckon it’s a game you’d absolutely love. 

Also. The online set up is absolutely perfect, only thing missing is voice chat and I think thy want to get in on the app. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dazzybee said:

So how come more people aren’t playing rocket league? Me JBS and @nekunando have been playing pretty much every night, @tapedeck a couple of times... @Clownferret has it... anyone else? @Blade I reckon it’s a game you’d absolutely love. 

Also. The online set up is absolutely perfect, only thing missing is voice chat and I think thy want to get in on the app. 

It's been a pleasure! I didn't expect to get into it so much but I feel an improvement each day and our team dynamics are coming along :hehe:

52 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

So how come more people aren’t playing rocket league? 

I played the hell out of it back when it launched on the PS4. It's old news to me and I have no desire to pay money for a lesser version of a game I already own ( same as Doom ), despite how good the game is.

4 hours ago, dazzybee said:

So how come more people aren’t playing rocket league?

I saw three of you on at 7:00am my time this morning, that 11pm UK time.  It's possible for me to run downstairs and get an hour in from about 10:30-11:30 ish before going to work.  Must be better than the lacklustre online I've experienced so far.  So many non-connections, waiting around for 4 minutes, only to join a game of 4v4 and only 2 of us are moving around the pitch.  I won :)