NEurope
dan-likes-trees

How did you discover N-Europe?

I distinctly remember randomly coming across the podcast one night whilst searching for nintendo podcasts, getting toward a decade ago - the one that was run a few years ago by Franklin and someone else. Eventually led me to the forum, where I've been an on / off lurker / poster in the years since...

I sometimes think about how I'd probably never have come across NE if it wasn't for that random podcast search. Would never have been introduced to, among other things, BSG, Xpert11, Drake, and countless games (well, probably would've heard of Drake). And I wouldn't have this strange sense of a home, even if I don't post all that often. Life might be a bit different!

Do you remember how you came across this place? Was it a stray google for something Zelda related? Friend introduce you? Anyone else come in via the random podcast route?

I honestly can't remember, specifically. It was N64-Europe at the time, and I think a friend mentioned the site to me. I would probably have been looking for news on the upcoming "Project Dolphin". Well over half my life ago, hard to believe really.

I think I was probably just looking for a GameCube game review probably when it was still Cube Europe. I was a member of those forums but didn't properly start posting until it became N-E.

I was searching for N64 and Nintendo news many years ago, found this site which I referred to for information along with various Nintendo magazines which no longer exist. I definitely lurked for a while, then I saw one fateful day that Cube-Europe were hiring, so I put together a piece just before the deadline, then shortly after I was offered the chance to join the staff by Jav in 2005. :)

That's when I signed up to the forums and I haven't looked back since. :D

I can't imagine what life would be like without this place and the community which makes it special. : peace:

I think just randomly searching online and came across it when it was N64-Europe.

I liked what I saw and always have.

I honestly can't remember, specifically. It was N64-Europe at the time, and I think a friend mentioned the site to me. I would probably have been looking for news on the upcoming "Project Dolphin". Well over half my life ago, hard to believe really.

Pretty much the same as me. I honestly have no idea how I stumbled across this place during the N64 years. I was probably looking for something Zelda related.

Crazy to think that a few of us on here have been around this place and all its iterations for so long now. I'd love to escape but just can't bring myself to leave. :D

I honestly can't remember, specifically. It was N64-Europe at the time, and I think a friend mentioned the site to me. I would probably have been looking for news on the upcoming "Project Dolphin".

Similar thing here, I was looking for Project Dolphin news.

After hotmail, this was the fist internet site I signed up for.

I think I discovered the site when it was known as Cube-Europe, but it was definitely in the early days of the GameCube. I remember ravenously searching for info when I was in IT class at school, so must have come across it then. It was a few years later that I joined the forums and I've been a regular poster ever since.

Not a clue, been here since the Cube Europe days, so buggered if I can remember :p

My first forum I joined was Gamefaqs so I probably heard about it from someone on there.

I have bad memory, so I have no clue in general.

I think I lurked a bit before posting.. But I don't know how I came across this site.

Took a trip down (bad) memory lane to see what my first post was.. Apparently Smash Brothers compelled me to start posting here.

I joined whilst it was still N64 Europe, think I was looking for news about the Gamecube, been an infrequent poster ever since :)

Can't remember for sure, i know i was looking for a Nintendo Europe site. Did stumble on N64 Europe in it's last days before it became Cube Europe. Lurked most of Cube Europe, signed up and the rest is history.

As you may be able to see, I'm very (very) new to the forums. I came here in search of NX news I believe, and upon finding how kind a folk you all are, decided to stay.

:)

I had ordered a Nintendo DS from America before they were release here. I kept asking @Strider questions about it so he recommended this place (Cube-Europe at the time). Been here pretty much continuously since (I think I did leave for a few months in the early days of Revo-Europe).

I saw my mate browsing the main site back when it was cube Europe back around 2005, I ended up joining soon after just cause, glad I did.

(I think I did leave for a few months in the early days of Revo-Europe).

What happy times...

I started working here in October 2002 so I would assume some time before that. I have some vague recollection about IGN changing their forums to be subscribers only so I gave up at that point and went looking for knew.

I even managed to dig out my first post.

Jokes...YouTube didn't arrive for another three years.

I recall looking for Revolution news, and finding it. Was a little while later I actually joined though.

I was told about it on the Nintendo VIP forums and joined soon after, posting endlessly in a barely coherent way about my love of Donkey Kong. Calmed down for a few years and infected HayesMates/HM-Fusion with my annoying posts instead. Came back around the relaunch into Revo-Europe and used it as my main source of Nintendo news for years mainly as a lurker until about 2011 when I started pestering/falling in love with @Ashley and got the new name of Josh64.

I bumped into Daft in the Destiny game who told me that I should join N-Europe forum for the raids. Haha.

I joined the old forums on 02/02/02.... jesus that's a life time ago. I found the site whilst looking for news on the upcoming Nintendo game cube.

Spent many a fantastic year here, eventually becoming a mod and a elite and ruling the boards with a Donald Trump type ego. I put up walls and everything it was a beautiful thing.

I'm not 100% sure, i seem to think i got bored of one forum i frequented and went in search of another gaming forum, not even specifically Nintendo and came across this site and the rest is an unmemorable history

Was looking for the Nintendo Europe web site, cube-europe or N64-europe popped up in google search. Lurking ever since.

Something to do with the N64 I think. Although I could be lying to myself and turned up when it was Cube-Europe. We had a lot of name changingsings.